14 MIN BAL

12 ARI 10 PIT

9 WSH

8 DET

7 CWS

5 MIA

2 KC

1 TB OAK

Tip of the cap to Oakland. Exceeded 5k in attendance for a day game against the royals today.

outdrew night games the previous two nights. Wonder what kind of promotion they had (I’d assume some kinda of regular Wednesday Bay Area feeding the homeless/dollar dog day and just happened a ballgame was going on, but staying away from that one)

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

This will be Ohtani's second TJ surgery won't it?  Totally different animal.

According to writer Jon Roegele’s exceptional Tommy John surgery list, 148 players have undergone UCL reconstruction more than once. Only 87 have returned to play at any level in the major leagues. Even accounting for the nine who had their second surgery this year and therefore could not reasonably be back yet, those odds aren’t great.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2023/08/24/shohei-ohtani-elbow-injury-shockwaves-free-agency-angels

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lulz at contract not insured. 0% chance that’s true 

Lots of contracts are uninsured. The premiums are exorbitant for players with an extensive injury history. Often they are uninsurable. And Strasburg certainly fit into that high risk category. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Who the hell do you think is dumb enough to write an affordable policy on that guy's health?

Saw this on ESPN

The right-hander has not pitched since June 9, 2022 -- his only start that season, which lasted 4⅔ innings before he went back on the injured list. He has thrown only 528 pitches in the majors since signing a $245 million, seven-year contract in December 2019 

That's like 6 games worth of pitches, lulz. Works out to just under $500K per pitch. 

Was working in Houston with a client this week. Forgot today was a day game. Was taking my intern to grab lunch before driving home. Got sideswiped by a sweet Mercedes. Spent two hours sitting waiting for HPD. Got to watch all the Astros fans leaving the stadium early. My view from the crash scene. 

Damn, if I had gone to the game, no wreck! Then we got stuck in Katy traffic. 

EAEF197D-F90B-475C-A8E8-3A05E5A60565.JPG

How they need to finish to get exactly 90 wins:

8-28 ATL
12-24 BAL
14-24 LAD
13-21 TB
18-18 TEX
18-16 HOU
19-16 SEA
20-15 MIL TOR
21-14 PHI
23-12 BOS
24-12 CHC
23-11 CIN
24-11 ARI SF
25-10 MIN
25-9 MIA
29-7 NYY
30-6 CLE
29-5 LAA SD
31-3 NYM
32-3 DET WSH
33-2 PIT
34-0 STL

7 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Was working in Houston with a client this week. Forgot today was a day game. Was taking my intern to grab lunch before driving home. Got sideswiped by a sweet Mercedes. Spent two hours sitting waiting for HPD. Got to watch all the Astros fans leaving the stadium early. My view from the crash scene. 

Damn, if I had gone to the game, no wreck! Then we got stuck in Katy traffic. 

EAEF197D-F90B-475C-A8E8-3A05E5A60565.JPG

Why would you wait longer than 20-30 mins for the cops to show up? It’s not a crime scene. I’ve called, left a call back number, went home and had them show up and do the report there. Worst case if they never call back you don’t need absolutely need a police report. It just helps. 

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Why would you wait longer than 20-30 mins for the cops to show up? It’s not a crime scene. I’ve called, left a call back number, went home and had them show up and do the report there. Worst case if they never call back you don’t need absolutely need a police report. It just helps. 

He wanted it since she tried to boogie off. Intern is a young kid and was following the book. I sat back, watched the fans leave and watched the game on my phone. Every time I have gone to Minute Maid to see the Sox they have won. I think this counts as being there. Right? 

17 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

He wanted it since she tried to boogie off. Intern is a young kid and was following the book. I sat back, watched the fans leave and watched the game on my phone. Every time I have gone to Minute Maid to see the Sox they have won. I think this counts as being there. Right? 

Did you pop champagne afterwards too? Meaningless regular season wins seem to be pretty huge deals to you guys