NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Maybe it’s embiid saying, in his Cookie Monster voice “this my team fuck your Rolex “

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm not sure why Embiid even played tonight. Just take the split and go back home. 

Sometimes, to my eyes, Philly seems to move in slow motion. They looked tired, or sluggish, which doesn’t make sense.

I still think Boston is just a better team, not that it is some sort of crazy insight by me but, just an observation.

I was thinking the same thing, in the 3rd, “why did Embiid play?”.

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Sometimes, to my eyes, Philly seems to move in slow motion. They looked tired, or sluggish, which doesn’t make sense.

I still think Boston is just a better team, not that it is some sort of crazy insight by me but, just an observation.

I was thinking the same thing, in the 3rd, “why did Embiid play?”.

Listening to doc pregame it seemed like he didn’t want him to

11 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Curious how well butler got along with embiid

The issue was Simmons. They picked Ben over Jimmy. In hindsight it obviously looks terrible - at the time it seemed reasonable. Jimmy didn't turn into Jimmy until 2020.

W’s have won 28 straight western conference playoffs series (I heard, didn’t research confirmation).  If the LaKers can grab game 2, that streak will be in serious jeopardy.  I have a sinking feeling the Warriors bounce back big tonight.

Edited by Sbbruin

8 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Vanderbilt hounding Curry is going to be a problem the rest of the series. Steph only has 6 shots tonight.

And dudes have been getting layups off his passes. Pick your poison. Making other guys beat you--including Klay--is a sound strategy, but not if they're getting warm up shots. Something tells me if other guys weren't hitting and the game was closer, he'd have more than 6 shots. But why exert the energy.

Playing every other night all series definitely favors Golden State. LA looked gassed in the fourth on Tuesday and most of this game. Chasing around Steph and Klay is a beating.

I expect Golden State to run about 100 PnRs in Game 3 with Steph and whomever is being guarded by AD.

This series is pretty easy though: if AD plays as aggressively as he did in Game 1 three, probably four more times, the Lakers win. LeBron can't take over games singlehandedly anymore, and we're not going to be talking about how the Warriors dynasty was ended by Austin Reaves, Rui Hachimura, and D'Angelo Russell.

31 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

He has to for them to win. He doesn’t have to score. He has to defend and rebound. That’s it, and avoid the theatrics.

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

That and they have to have role players hit shots and shoot 50% from 3.

They just have to not have huge free throw attempt and foul discrepancy that allowed LA to win game 1. Golden State just needs to keep doing what they are doing and causing Lebron to exert all his energy on defense.

• Hook 'Em 1