NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

Man, the Warriors are not taking this well at all. You hate to see the complaining about refs actually calling moving screens, the complaining about the Lakers flopping, and Steph’s cum-dumpster claiming the games are rigged after watching the Warriors get free hand-jobs from the refs the last ten years. They really paid Poole that money, huh? Cry bitches. 

Fucking Lonnie Walker the motherfucking IV. Great to see you show out, kid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

It should come from Stern. Ishiba knew what he was doing, and it was intentional. That kind of bullshit shouldn't be allowed. It likely cost Denver 2 points by stopping the inbounds. It's not anyone's fault that a Suns player jumped into the stands, the other 9 players don't have to wait for you to get up and get back in the game. Either call timeout or play 5 on 4 for 10 seconds.

So much as about this but the worst part is the idea that Ishbia stopped a fast break. Literally would never happen. Yes, with play halted for the ball going out the referee does hold the. All and wait for everyone to get back on the court and ready to play. No, there was not going to be an inbounds leading to a fast break. 

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

Man, the Warriors are not taking this well at all. You hate to see the complaining about refs actually calling moving screens, the complaining about the Lakers flopping, and Steph’s cum-dumpster claiming the games are rigged after watching the Warriors get free hand-jobs from the refs the last ten years.

What the fuck are you talking about? None of them are blaming the refs. Even in the games with huge free throw disparities. That tweet was from 7 years ago.

Edited by aggie08

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

just heard these stats from nba mvp joel embiid in the 4Q last night:

played 9 min, 23 seconds. scored two points on 1-6 shooting. was blocked by al horford three times. he does this on the same day that jokic goes for 53 and 11 assists on a 67/50/85 slash line. so many peoples pimped embiid so hard this year, and he won the mvp in a landslide, only for him to quickly remind everyone that he is not on nikola jokic's level. 

Man, I wish Embiid was facing Phoenix in a series and not Boston. But I stay out of the MVP arguments, I actually think it's fine that they spread it around among the 5-6 guys who are clearly in their own category of dominance. It's not as random as the Heisman, but it's still pretty impossible to get it "right".

Warriors Lakers has been fun at times but the end of the game last night was just sad. The last 30 seconds the Warriors turned into a 4th grade YMCA team.

I still feel that the PHX-DEN series is the de facto championship. Boston could provide a tough matchup but either team would roast the 6ers. We ain't even talking about the Heat now, c'mon. Lakers + refs could make it interesting in the Western Conf Finals but other than that the playoffs end when the Suns beat the Nuggets in six.

Edited by SilasCoade
I'm just playing about the bold prediction. I don't know who's winning that series, and I don't think anyone else has a real clue either.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

What the fuck are you talking about? None of them are blaming the refs. Even in the games with huge free throw disparities. That tweet was from 7 years ago.

My bad…
 Come On Please GIF by NBA

Edited by Kermit
Fuck
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

Warriors Lakers has been fun at times but the end of the game last night was just sad. The last 30 seconds the Warriors turned into a 4th grade YMCA team.

I still feel that the PHX-DEN series is the de facto championship. Boston could provide a tough matchup but either team would roast the 6ers. We ain't even talking about the Heat now, c'mon. Lakers + refs could make it interesting in the Western Conf Finals but other than that the playoffs end when the Suns beat the Nuggets in six.

I'm not counting out whoever comes out of the East but DEN and PHO are pretty clearly the 2 best teams in the West and both will have HCA regardless of opponent in the CF. 

That's assuming Chris Paul is done for the playoffs. 

Edited by ztejas

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yikesd5d32ff8f39d86d27d74a77386dfb312.jpg

It's odd we don't hear about that every year like we do with Harden. 45 seconds is a lot of clock to include, usually they go with 24 or less because it's typically the final shot of the game for their team before the take foul/free throw parade starts. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Bill Simmons and his dad are referring in Boston tonight along with sully. Zebras working hard to keep them connected. 

Pretty sure Simmons' dad wouldn't give the Celtics a call all night. 

5 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Get the ball in the paint. Dribble backwards, take a step back 3. Nice play Tatum.

He's starting to border on a little overrated. The Finals was one thing - getting consistently outplayed by a 33 year old James Harden in a playoff series is... um. C'mon man.

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He's starting to border on a little overrated. The Finals was one thing - getting consistently outplayed by a 33 year old James Harden in a playoff series is... um. C'mon man.

I’ve always thought he was overrated a bit. Way too much talk for way too many years about him being a top 5 guy. I’m not buying- he’s ass end of the top 10 in my opinion. 

I’d take (in no particular order) Embiid, Joker, Freak, Booker, KD, and Steph over him. If I had to win one game or a playoff series I think I’d still have Lebron over him. He’s waaaay more consistent than AD, but I think AD’s upside is higher. I’d take Tatum over AD because of the consistency. So- I guess I have him 8th. 
That doesn’t seem like a lot but it’s actually pretty important imo. It’s hard to win an NBA title with the 8th and 15th best guys in the league. 

6 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I confess that before this series i really thought Boston was clearly a better team.

Me too. I think they probably are. Harden stole two games and put some doubt in them and the. Embiid is finally doing what he needs to. 
Boston should play faster. They are letting Philly dictate pace. 

Guys are playing great but Doc needs to teach these guards how to break the press what the fuck is Embiid doing dribbling 30' from the basket.

18 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Booing the home team in Boston.

Good ole spoiled soy boys in Bawstin what a bunch of bitches

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Is Embiid drunk?  Or just a spaz. I mean he’s hitting his FT but he’s stumbling and fumbling around like an 8th grade kid that hasn’t figured out his new body that grew 8 inches. 

Him and Anthony Davis look like they are wearing clown shoes 6 sizes too big

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Is Embiid drunk?  Or just a spaz. I mean he’s hitting his FT but he’s stumbling and fumbling around like an 8th grade kid that hasn’t figured out his new body that grew 8 inches. 

If you’re talking about why he falls and is on the ground so much. The doctors told him anytime he’s off balance to not even try to catch himself since his injury history. 

7 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

Yeah it's really looking like he ain't it

I mean he's still young. I'm not writing him off or anything. I just think he's a step below the elite, elite tier of guys - and a lot of people have tried to nudge him into that group the past couple seasons.