2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

6 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Biden camp practically conceding Iowa already. 

Biden is not counting on white people. Biden is waiting for a state where there are lots of black people. It's like in the second Lord of the Rings movie (not book) where the Elves show up to help (again, movie not book.) Head Elf dude says they fought side by side in the past, why not do it again. For Joe, Black People = Elves, and South Carolina = Lothlorien.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Biden is not counting on white people. Biden is waiting for a state where there are lots of black people. It's like in the second Lord of the Rings movie (not book) where the Elves show up to help (again, movie not book.) Head Elf dude says they fought side by side in the past, why not do it again. For Joe, Black People = Elves, and South Carolina = Lothlorien.

NERD

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 4:10 PM, RayDog said:

I wish they did a poll on how enthusiastic people are to vote for a candidate. I just don't see people being that enthusiastic to vote for Biden. 

Elections are about turnout and if you factor in turnout Biden may be the worst of the four.

If Biden gets the nomination, I plan on punching myself in the dick as hard as I can after I pull the lever for him. 

And yet, everyone bitching about the DNC "rigging" the nomination again and "ridiculous" debate qualification rules realize THAT WOMAN was allowed in 2 separate debates for the primary for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED FUCKING STATES? Y'know, the party that is supposed to be better than the one who chose and voted for a celebrity conman fake billionaire? 

JFC. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The point is a lot of people - even in a swing state - are not playing close attention to D primary just yet. 

And yet both Warren and Harris, despite upwards of 30-50% of the Democratic electorate having no idea who they are, are both tied with Trump in Wisconsin.

That does not bode well for Donald.  

Edited by Js1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Change since last month 

Biden -/+0

O'Rourke -5

Warren +5

Sanders -5

Castro -/+

Harris -1

Buttigieg -3

Klobuchar +2

There has been no better indicator of leadership in this race than Elizabeth Warren’s ability to consistently move the polls in her direction.  It’s remarkable considering she started at 3% in January and has done nothing but slowly and steadily moved upward since.  

The skill to drive and shape public opinion instead of following it is something Republicans do well and Democrats are notoriously horrible at.

Warren is currently killing it and that’s my biggest takeaway from these polls. 

Here's the entire quote, your disingenuous fuck.

"I think that it makes a lot of people feel very helpless. Because yes, we can all do away with our plastic straws—and I haven't drank out of a straw for the past six months because I'm so worried about what's happening in the ocean—but people feel helpless when it's something that existential," said CNN host Alisyn Camerota. "So what do you do about that?"

"Right, and that's one of the things: I think the downside to us facing just how colossal of a challenge this is, is it can feel paralyzing," Buttigieg responded.

"But we can rise to meet this and be proud of it. That's part of what my climate plan is about. It's not only about all of the things we've got to do technologically and with regulation and so on. It's about summoning the energies of this country to do something unbelievably hard."

"If you look at the moments when this country rose to a major challenge, overcoming the Great Depression, winning World War II, going to the moon, it required something out of all of us. And I think we could be standing taller," he continued.

"See, right now we're in a mode where we're thinking of it mostly through the perspective of guilt, from using a straw to eating a burger. Am I part of the problem? In a certain way, yes. But the most exciting thing is that we can all be part of the solution."

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 3

You don't use any plastic straws, do you?  I like how for many people in this country "politics" is almost totally centered around individualized consumption.  Do you use plastic straws?  Do you eat Chick-fil-a?  Do you like Dave Chappelle's new special?  What do you think of Nanette?  Quite illustrative of why we are hopelessly fucked.  

7 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

You don't use any plastic straws, do you?  I like how for many people in this country "politics" is almost totally centered around individualized consumption.  Do you use plastic straws?  Do you eat Chick-fil-a?  Do you like Dave Chappelle's new special?  What do you think of Nanette?  Quite illustrative of why we are hopelessly fucked.  

Well, my grammy's generation collected tinfoil and drank some sort of weird coffee substitute to defeat the Nazis so there is that. 'What starts here changes the world,' isn't that how that goes?

15 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

nm

Edited by Chuckie Finster
took the bait

I hate Warren but I agree with her that scolding people's individual choices will not "progress the dialogue."  Pablum like "summoning the energies of this country" will also not "progress the dialogue."  Those things are either meaningless or counterproductive.  

Most of the time you are just an annoying bomb thrower saying shit that no one actually believes in order to get attention - this SEAL that served his country for 40 years and was chancellor of our university is secretly a murdering psychopath/US policy is actually to shoot down passenger planes just like the soviets - but every now and again you post stuff that just reveals, no, you are just some baseline idiot.  

• Like 3

The military, especially special forces, is absolutely a tool of international murder. We do lots of international murder of civilians. These are all real things. I'm confused.

Regarding Pete's take on straws, I am always impressed at how he manages to never say anything despite saying a bunch of words. He is uniquely talented in this regard.

What was disingenuous about that tweet?  Mayor Pete explicitly states in the clip that people who eat hamburgers and use plastic straws are part of the problem, although they have the opportunity to be part of the "solution" by refraining from that behavior.  

Edited by Fozzz

12 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

So are we going to coalesce around Warren or what?

538 had an article that the liberal wing of the party which is also the most active is increasingly for Warren. The moderates and conservatives favor Biden but they are still working off name recognition.

I don't think Biden has any upside over the next 5 months as more moderate Democrats learn more about the candidates.

6 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

And libs are going to be happy to learn that Liz has been a Republican for most of her life and remains committed to her right-wing capitalist roots?  Shit, they probably will be. 

and trump used to be a democrat, so...

yeah, you win the pennant with that trade.