2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

22 minutes ago, housious said:

Yeah, but do you make 6 figures? Because Chitown does. Just ask him. 

Lol.  Last year was well into 8.  Thanks for asking. 

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Pretty sure he makes a good bit more than that. Of course, I put that in my IDGAF bucket, and move on.

Definitely seem to share many of the same positions.  I’m proud of that. 

WHat kind of medicine do you practice to make that kind of income?  I'm assuming income and not carry/cap gains.  Sorry for sidetrack, I just keep picturing him running one of those organ farms from "Coma" by Crighton.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

WHat kind of medicine do you practice to make that kind of income?  I'm assuming income and not carry/cap gains.  Sorry for sidetrack, I just keep picturing him running one of those organ farms from "Coma" by Crighton.  

I bet big on value based medicine 10 years ago.  We have contracts running post acute networks for hospitals all over the country. Well over 100 docs and 100 mid levels.  If I don’t save the system money AND beat avg outcomes I don’t make money.  If I do, I make lots. 

17 hours ago, Js1 said:

I don't think the candidates on the bottom tier (Gabbard, Ojeda, that other random House member) will get much traction.  Gillibrand is getting some, but not much.

It's going to Biden-Harris-Warren-Beto-Bernie. 

Cross off one of either Bernie or Warren. I'm not convinced there is enough space on the Left for two heavyweights, and it gets even worse when you throw Tulsi in there. 

What do the leftists on this board make of this? Who stands out? My take is that Bernie would destroy Trump but I think Warren has more of a mainstream Democrat feel to make it out of the primary.

Sanders and Warren need to bring along a couple staffers each to meet in a DC coffee shop and draw straws or some shit. I think a lefty stands a good chance of making it out of this thing if the space is cleared early.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Bernie should throw all his weight behind Warren. 

Interesting duo.  He can't be any more Jewish (DNA-wise) and she can't be any less Native American.  

Some kinda perversion of 'Rush Hour'.  

4 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

Cross off one of either Bernie or Warren. I'm not convinced there is enough space on the Left for two heavyweights, and it gets even worse when you throw Tulsi in there. 

I don't know anyone who cares about Tulsi. I think she lasts 20 seconds.

What do the leftists on this board make of this? Who stands out? My take is that Bernie would destroy Trump but I think Warren has more of a mainstream Democrat feel to make it out of the primary.

I agree with the sentence in bold.

Sanders is the most obvious general election winner. If the Dems got behind him he'd have 100k+ people rallies by November 2020. The only competition he has with regard to genuine voter enthusiasm is Beto, and Beto hasn't tried his hand out of the state yet.

A huge problem with the political/issues-based triangulation the establishment-Dems and temporary-Dems are engaging in is that they are not paying much, if any, attention to voter enthusiasm and getting the people out to vote who are not already very likely to vote.

Sanders and Warren need to bring along a couple staffers each to meet in a DC coffee shop and draw straws or some shit. I think a lefty stands a good chance of making it out of this thing if the space is cleared early.

Nah, they should both go in and go hard. Bernie moved the entire party left on his own; if both he and Warren are hitting the trail hard then everyone else will have to follow them. It's just a bunch of lightweights out there compared to two and it will become very obvious in the debates who talks substance and who talks like an uninspired robot. Both Warren and Sanders are great at communicating their position and values with genuine passion.

Beto is really good at it, too, but he's going to have to get more specific and make real proposals to hang in there.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Sadly, I think "Pocahontas" and the DNA test has already doomed her candidacy, and that's a shame.

It's embarrassing, for sure, but the people who care about it a lot were never going to vote for her (or any other Dem). It's a non-issue with the relevant voting bases.

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Would be nice if PPP published the geographic breakdown of this poll. These numbers don't really matter if it's Harris running up the score in California or Beto getting numbers in Texas, a state he won't win (and if he does, the election was already a landslide anyway). 

I want to see a poll like this for the states of MI, PA, OH, WI, and perhaps MN. That's all that matters in 2020.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"no proof either way"

lol @ people who think CNN is "left"

Fucking this is why the media sucks.  They will latch and run with some Republican talking point as if its clear as day and put the burden of refuting it on the Democrat EVERY. TIME.

• Like 1

Just now, BradInATX said:

Would be nice if PPP published the geographic breakdown of this poll. These numbers don't really matter if it's Harris running up the score in California or Beto getting numbers in Texas, a state he won't win (and if he does, the election was already a landslide anyway). 

I want to see a poll like this for the states of MI, PA, OH, WI, and perhaps MN. That's all that matters in 2020.

16/17 months away from the convention, I don't think this poll really matters anyway.  This is more about name recognition at this point.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Wait....the GOP is going to use "dishonest".....as a negative?  That's a fucking BOLD move.  I admire chutzpah, I really do.  You go on with your bad self, GOP.  I AGREE.  We CANNOT have someone who's shamelessly dishonest in the White House.  Y'all are with me on this, right?

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait....the GOP is going to use "dishonest".....as a negative?  That's a fucking BOLD move.  I admire chutzpah, I really do.  You go on with your bad self, GOP.  I AGREE.  We CANNOT have someone who's shamelessly dishonest in the White House.  Y'all are with me on this, right?

They went with authoritarian as a negative too which is like holy fuckballs incredible 

“These two incidents clearly indicate the kind of progressivism that Harris espouses. It is the same intolerant, authoritarian, by-any-means ideology that stretches back into her earlier career as a prosecutor and as attorney general of California. “

The two incidents were being mean to Kavanaugh and the Knights of Columbus Catholic stuff.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Why has Beto not declared yet? I'm thinking he is not going to run. It maybe risky to his political career but I think he is weighing his options. I don't know what the alternatives are but maybe he is eyeing Cornyn's seat? Now that Texans, hell Americans know his name, running for Cornyn's seat will keep him in the limelight. He knows the race and how to run it and he doesn't have to deal with the scrutiny of a presidential run. He doesn't have to be one of the many running against some that frankly have better experience and records than him.

He just has to be in the race and try and pull Texas out of the red. He might even get selected for Veep or a cabinet position. Is this why he is holding out? Does he want to be a big fish in Texas politics? I sort of don't want him to run for president. I want him for Texas, to help this state break the red menace and turn purple then blue. I think that is his better mission. One that will suit him better than to be in a packed race for President. 

3 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Why has Beto not declared yet? I'm thinking he is not going to run. It maybe risky to his political career but I think he is weighing his options. I don't know what the alternatives are but maybe he is eyeing Cornyn's seat? Now that Texans, hell Americans know his name, running for Cornyn's seat will keep him in the limelight. He knows the race and how to run it and he doesn't have to deal with the scrutiny of a presidential run. He doesn't have to be one of the many running against some that frankly have better experience and records than him.

He just has to be in the race and try and pull Texas out of the red. He might even get selected for Veep or a cabinet position. Is this why he is holding out? Does he want to be a big fish in Texas politics? I sort of don't want him to run for president. I want him for Texas, to help this state break the red menace and turn purple then blue. I think that is his better mission. One that will suit him better than to be in a packed race for President. 

Beto is absolutely running.

Expect him to declare on February 5th from Times Square while sitting next to Oprah.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/11/politics/beto-orourke-oprah-interview/index.html

6 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I want him for Texas, to help this state break the red menace and turn purple then blue. I think that is his better mission. One that will suit him better than to be in a packed race for President. 

President Sanders

Senator O'Rourke

I love it, let's do it. lol

(He's running, though, don't you worry.)

Edited by bad_teammate

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Beto will never have a better opportunity to be president outside of 2020. 

I think people under appreciate how much the stars are aligning for the Democratic nominee in 2020.  

If you have even a remote shot to win the nomination, it would be almost idiotic not to run. 

I'm sort of arguing that he should aspire to Governor of Texas when Texas gets more purple. If he throws his weight around here and concentrates on this state, I think he can make it happen sooner than otherwise. Being President shouldn't be the prize everyone should aspire to. Some people can affect more positive change and do the most good in their state. Like Jerry Brown. That guy worked his skills for the betterment of California and he was beyond a shadow of a doubt a positive force. California has done well under his stewardship. He may have wanted higher national office when he was younger, but if you look at his life, he affected more positive change for California as governor than he would have as president. 

I know it is crazy for Beto not to throw his hat in the presidential race...if being president is what he wants. I just wish he'd consider looking at the good that he could do here and maybe stay home and fix the shit here. Oh well, it isn't likely and I like him so whatever he decides, I'll likely consider him for being my candidate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I'm sort of arguing that he should aspire to Governor of Texas when Texas gets more purple. If he throws his weight around here and concentrates on this state, I think he can make it happen sooner than otherwise. Being President shouldn't be the prize everyone should aspire to. Some people can affect more positive change and do the most good in their state. Like Jerry Brown. That guy worked his skills for the betterment of California and he was beyond a shadow of a doubt a positive force. California has done well under his stewardship. He may have wanted higher national office when he was younger, but if you look at his life, he affected more positive change for California as governor than he would have as president. 

I know it is crazy for Beto not to throw his hat in the presidential race...if being president is what he wants. I just wish he'd consider looking at the good that he could do here and maybe stay home and fix the shit here. Oh well, it isn't likely and I like him so whatever he decides, I'll likely consider him for being my candidate.

Pretty sure Beto owes Texas jack fucking shit.

Just now, burntorangebongos said:

What? Who said he did? I'm just looking at what he can accomplish with all his skills. If he wanted to, if Texas means as much to him as it does to so many of us, then maybe he'd throw his shoulder into it and fix the many wrongs. What a fucking hero. But it is a pipe dream, I'm sure.

Beto left it all on the field for Texas and they still rejected him for Ted fucking Cruz. 

If I were Beto, I’d never run for another election in Texas again.  They don’t deserve him. 

He was salmon swimming upstream...he knew that going in. But he made a difference, he showed that there is a base of progressive people here and people who are leaning more his way, just not enough...yet.

Look, Texas is the pretty blonde chick with big tits and a great personality. She might not get you at first, but she is always worth working for because if you blow up her skirts and she ends up liking you...she's a loyal bitch with a rich daddy. Beto should understand the patience of how to work that.

And that is all I have to say on this. It was a thought mostly born out of concern for him running in such a large pack for an office that is sullied and lesser than what it was. He'll figure out what he wants and go for it and I'll be here ready to listen.

24 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

He was salmon swimming upstream...he knew that going in. But he made a difference, he showed that there is a base of progressive people here and people who are leaning more his way, just not enough...yet.

Look, Texas is the pretty blonde chick with big tits and a great personality. She might not get you at first, but she is always worth working for because if you blow up her skirts and she ends up liking you...she's a loyal bitch with a rich daddy. Beto should understand the patience of how to work that.

And that is all I have to say on this. It was a thought mostly born out of concern for him running in such a large pack for an office that is sullied and lesser than what it was. He'll figure out what he wants and go for it and I'll be here ready to listen.

I like Beto a lot and want him to have a future in politics. To that end, he probably needs his next race, whatever it may be, to be one he wins. Another loss might be too much to overcome for his long-term future. And I don't think he can just sit around and wait for the opportunity. His star is rising and momentum is everything.

To me the most realistic race for him to win next, save another house run, is probably president. I'd put his chances of winning at maybe 1/4 (maybe 35% to win the nom and 90% to win the general). Does he have a better than 25% chance to beat Cornyn, or win the governorship? I don't think so, but I'm not saying or asking in a way looking for an argument. Genuinely wondering what people think what possible next race he has the highest chance to win. Can he beat Cornyn or Hot Wheels when he couldn't beat Cruz?

To add - I don't think losing the primary would hurt him at all. So president seems to be a no brainer to me. And I'm pretty sure that Oprah thing will be an announcement.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

So Texas is your avatar?