2018 World Cup

DanTheHorn

name any other sport/teams where this would be okay: yankees fan saying red sox are his second team because yankees didn't mke the postseason; texas fans rooting for baker mayfield and ou to win the title because we didn't make the playoff; arsenal fans rooting for tottenham to win the champions league because we didn't make it; the fuck? hell no. helllllllll no.

way too easy. I will give you 3 letters and then drop the mic.
S.E.C.
/drop

My first fucking thought...

Aggy can’t ever wait to root for Bama or SEC once they hit the October portion of their roller coaster.

Hell they even sold shirts for the Longhorns “just this one time”

12 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

My first fucking thought...

Aggy can’t ever wait to root for Bama or SEC once they hit the October portion of their roller coaster.

Hell they even sold shirts for the Longhorns “just this one time”

aggy doesn't count. you won't see Bama calling auburn "their no.2 team" or vice versa. michigan/ohio state; texas/ou; duke/unc; yankees/red sox; you will never ever ever see these rivals talking this way about each other.

Edited by Goo Punch

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

russian cab driver runs over a bunch of mexican fans earlier today: 

Holy shit!  I hope that guy was able to get away safely.

Just kidding, as much as I don't like Mexico fans, that is completely is a different realm and seriously fucked up. I hope all of those that were hit are ok and I hope they went American Me on the driver.

I respect Landon for what he's done in the past but this is just straight bullshit and this tweet when Carlos Bocanegra called him out on it was even worse. He's always seemed like a guy who's not very smart, media wise.

Bocanegra came back and stfu this about soccer bitch. Fuck them. Basically

I agree
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As far as Donovan - this is a guy that's been the target of the piss and blood balloons. If he wants to root for Mexico, fine with me. He's been out there and played the games.

As a fan - that isn't for me. But I'm a fan. I have zero impact on the games, just like Mexico fans do. We just get to talk shit when our teams win like we really did something and get pissed when we lose. And fuck if I am going to root for a team that has fans like JNip.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

As far as Donovan - this is a guy that's been the target of the piss and blood balloons. If he wants to root for Mexico, fine with me. He's been out there and played the games.

As a fan - that isn't for me. But I'm a fan. I have zero impact on the games, just like Mexico fans do. We just get to talk shit when our teams win like we really did something and get pissed when we lose. And fuck if I am going to root for a team that has fans like JNip.

which is exactly why his dumb ass should know better. this is no different than texas and ou. we all remember when bydnom tried to help some sooner up and the dude smacked his hand away, similar to the way ou would regularly smack our team away like a buzzing fly. ugh. 

How about we talk about the games that were played today instead of half the show on tomorrows games.... I doubt we are going to get 30 mins of eng v tunisia

Its the recap show and i got 5 mins of the 3 games and 10 of argentina iceland

Fuck off fox and sell your rights

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

was researching a bit on goals scored and games played since there was talk on day 2 about rooney/ronaldo not scoring in cup

Klose has record of 16 goals and played 24 games

OG Ronaldo had 15 goals in only 19 games(if you missed 02 cup sorry)

OG Muller had 14 goals in 13 games

Pele had 12 goals in 14 games

Fontaine scored 13 goals in 6 games for france in 58

List goes on with likes of klinnsman,baggio and others averaging around .60 to .77 goals a game

Ronaldo is updated to 6 goals in 14 games for .46 goals a game...this WC has the possibility to really boost up his legacy

Messi is 5 goals at 14 games (not sure if updated) for .36 a game...same boat as ronaldo

Maradona was 8 goals in 21 games for .38 a game

On 3/30/2018 at 11:49 AM, sidis said:

les blues are my favorite, but i still can't believe they blew that shit in 2016 against fucking portugal.

brasil's lineup sure looks nice.  deutschland uber alles is getting up there in age across the board.

portugal, spain, argentina always a legitimate threat in addition.

this world cup will be interesting for off-the-field storylines i suspect.

Hmmm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Werner is a poor fit at striker for a team trying to play a possession based game.

I’ll say it again, they don’t have the strikers to fit their style of play. They have a bunch of target men and a pace merchant. If they want to play this possession style then they need to move Müller up top and start Reus. They can still beat up on small countries but they struggle to score against the best teams.

Also why did they leave Sane off the squad. It’s nuts.

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’ll say it again, they don’t have the strikers to fit their style of play. They have a bunch of target men and a pace merchant. If they want to play this possession style then they need to move Müller up top and start Reus. They can still beat up on small countries but they struggle to score against the best teams.

Low definitely doesn't seem to be making the best decisions as of late.  Maybe he's eaten one too many boogers.

Mexico vs Germany was fun.

Good football, great saves.

This generation of Mexican players has won in big stages before, this wasn’t a fluke win. Germany had excellent opportunities as well but great saves by Ochoa and decent enough MEX defense to hold Germany back.

Mexico had a few other clear counter attacks that they wasted, game could’ve been 3-1 Mexico.

Youth World Cup wins and Olympic gold. They’re used to winning when it matters.

Only huge nick these players have is the disaster of tournament they had in Copa America and getting crushed by Chile 7-0. Other than that...they’re used to winning.

Mexico the new World Cup dark horse?

22 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I don’t disagree. It seems like Löw is trying to shoe horn what he wants instead of adapting to his availabile player pool.

4 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Mexico vs Germany was fun.

Good football, great saves.

This generation of Mexican players has won in big stages before, this wasn’t a fluke win. Germany had excellent opportunities as well but great saves by Ochoa and decent enough MEX defense to hold Germany back.

Mexico had a few other clear counter attacks that they wasted, game could’ve been 3-1 Mexico.

Youth World Cup wins and Olympic gold. They’re used to winning when it matters.

Only huge nick these players have is the disaster of tournament they had in Copa America and getting crushed by Chile 7-0. Other than that...they’re used to winning.

Mexico the new World Cup dark horse?

Mexico played well, but Germany looks to be much worse than expected unless Löw makes big tactical changes. Löw’s lineup and tactics played right into Mexico’s strength.

13 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

was researching a bit on goals scored 

...Fontaine 13 goals in 6 games...

I’d never heard of Fontaine. HOLY SHIT, is that a typo? That record will never be touched. 

Diego Maradona was a midfielder, un enganche, he wasn’t a forward/striker like the others you listed. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/17/sweden-janne-andersson-sprying-row-south-korea

The Swedes infiltrated the South Korean training to watch them train.

South Korea ... responded by swapping players’ numbers to confuse the Swedish snooper because – in the words of their manager, Shin Tae-yong – “it’s very difficult for westerners to distinguish between Asians”.

"We switched them around because we didn’t want to show everything and to try to confuse them,” he said. “They might know a few of our players but it is very difficult for westerners to distinguish between Asians and that’s why we did it."

I’d never heard of Fontaine. HOLY SHIT, is that a typo? That record will never be touched. 

Diego Maradona was a midfielder, un enganche, he wasn’t a forward/striker like the others you listed. 
Yeah its real....and i just put diego in there because of messi comparisons

Referee of the Mexico/Germany game should be in the lead to ref the final. Dude was in total control. Didn’t put up with any diving. Let the guys play. What a nice treat.  

Thought I heard he was Iranian?

Dude handled that game great. Didn’t put up with the diving, thought he did a good job of communicating to the players and tried to keep the pace going.

Best ref job so far. Especially when compared to the Brazil/Swiss ref. Thought he was bad

5 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Thought I heard he was Iranian?

Dude handled that game great. Didn’t put up with the diving, thought he did a good job of communicating to the players and tried to keep the pace going.

Best ref job so far. Especially when compared to the Brazil/Swiss ref. Thought he was bad

I agree that the Iranian ref was great.

But I didn't mind the Brazil/Switzerland ref that much. I think that he missed a few things, but he also didn't put up with flopping. Normally, if a Brazil goes to the ground, he gets the call. Not-so-much in the Brazil/Switzerland match which I greatly appreciated.

Edited by Napoleon

22 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

No lalas on the recap show tonight....wonder if he was fuck this clown show

Lalas is different this year than when he was with ESPN.

Still a smart ass, but I dont think he likes any of his cohosts...and probably vics versa.  Just awkward 

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Brazil/Suisse ref did fine.

In fact, I think almost all of the games I’ve watched this tournament have been really well officiated. Which is a big change from the week to week shit show I saw in the EPL this year. 

Yep. And which explains why no EPL refs are here. 

Saudi Arabia's official team plane caught fire in mid air as they travelled to their next World Cup match.

Flames were seen from the engine as the Russian Airlines Airbus was en route to Rostov where they take on Uruguay on Wednesday.

Saudi-Arabia-team-plane-on-fire.jpg

https://twitter.com/AhmedMashaly24/status/1008785598843322368

Edited by InkaUtexas

On 6/17/2018 at 2:52 AM, Bone3421 said:

was researching a bit on goals scored and games played since there was talk on day 2 about rooney/ronaldo not scoring in cup

Klose has record of 16 goals and played 24 games

OG Ronaldo had 15 goals in only 19 games(if you missed 02 cup sorry)

OG Muller had 14 goals in 13 games

Pele had 12 goals in 14 games

Fontaine scored 13 goals in 6 games for france in 58

List goes on with likes of klinnsman,baggio and others averaging around .60 to .77 goals a game

Ronaldo is updated to 6 goals in 14 games for .46 goals a game...this WC has the possibility to really boost up his legacy

Messi is 5 goals at 14 games (not sure if updated) for .36 a game...same boat as ronaldo

Are we counting the Hand of God goal in Maradona's total?