NCAA Basketball 2023-24

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Three promising games at the moment. 

IMG-1040.jpg

I just saw a little of the UConn game. It was sad. Auburn winning by 40 is nuts.  They can blowout just about anyone and the next game get blown out as well. Arkansas is in a world of confusion this year. Very strange.

DePaul and Arky both doing their best to only lose by 30. Wow

Edited by PittsburghTiger

On 2/14/2024 at 1:56 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Wow $13mil buyout & Bjork hires new coach😋

And another B10 coach on the ropes ???

Michigan's Juwan Howard has Manuel's support amid 8-17 season

Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel gave a vote of confidence to head coach Juwan Howard on Wednesday amid speculation about his job status, saying he has "not really thought about any changes in our men's basketball program."

The Wolverines lost 97-68 to Illinois on Tuesday, their 12th loss in 14 games.

"Juwan and I have talked, yes," Manuel said. "We'll continue to have those conversations as the season goes through. I continue to support him and the effort to turn this around. There is no lack of effort from our student-athletes and our coaches. It's a lack of execution at times. We have to be better. He knows that. I'll continue to have conversations with him and will continue to support him and our program.

"It would be fair to say I have not really thought about any changes in our men's basketball program at this time."

Howard was sidelined for the start of the season following a successful heart procedure in September, returning to the bench during Michigan's trip to the Bahamas for the Battle 4 Atlantis as an observer and transitioning to an assistant coach role for several games. He was cleared to return as head coach in mid-December, while also avoiding discipline following an altercation with strength and conditioning coach Jon Sanderson shortly before his return.

The Wolverines opened the season with three wins, including a 16-point road victory at St. John's, but are 5-17 since that victory. They've won just two games since Dec. 16.

"I want to support Juwan to be successful," Manuel said. "I have not given any moment of thought about changes at this time."

Howard, who played at Michigan from 1991 to 1994 before being selected fifth overall in the NBA draft, returned to his alma mater as head coach in 2019. He guided the Wolverines to a Big Ten regular-season championship in 2021, receiving a 1-seed in the NCAA tournament and making a run to the Elite Eight before losing to UCLA. Michigan reached the Sweet 16 the following season, before struggling last year en route to an 18-16 campaign.

Jeff Borzello, ESPN Staff Feb 14, 2024

Juwan should probably resign and take a year off...  life is too short after a heart surgery.  

Edited by LTtxfan

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

can’t believe it’s been that long since uconn hosted a top 5 team as a top 5 team themselves. that’s gonna be a fun environment.

That was the game where Blair almost ripped off Thabeet’s arm. Pitt won that game. Blair had 22 points and 23 rebounds 

44 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I’m not surprised in the least.  Like I said earlier in the week, AU is capable of destroying any team and then well qualified to be beaten in the next game.  They are Jekyll & Hyde.

Auburn is totally mercurial because their starting five and next five are all basically as good as one another. they by no means have one of the best starting fives in cbb, but they probably have the best bench and deepest team. they’re like the opposite of Houston.

I see Bronny chipped in with 2 pts and 2 assists in 14 mins last night. Its awfully nice of him to to stick around USC for the remainder of the season when everyone knows he could be playing for the Lakers right now. At least that's what the experts are  saying.

Lulz. 

59 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I see Bronny chipped in with 2 pts and 2 assists in 14 mins last night. Its awfully nice of him to to stick around USC for the remainder of the season when everyone knows he could be playing for the Lakers right now. At least that's what the experts are  saying.

Lulz. 

Bronny say, "If Thanasis can get away with it, why can't I?"

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

Lulz. 

The thing that got me, early in the season, is that USC was on TV damned near every game. The ESPN.com website had updates on him showing dunks and things, even if he scored just two points in that game.

Just quit trying to make it happen. If it happens, great, if it doesn’t happen, great. But let the kid play and if he is good enough, then I tip my hat. As it is they force it down your throat so not giving a damn, one way or the other, turns into “I hope he fails spectacularly”.

And from what I have seen this USC team is not very good.

Rick Pitino goes after his team, names names, says they all suck and he hates coaching them. 

““We are so unathletic that we can’t guard anybody without fouling. For me, I’ve always enjoyed the first year, and I’m not gonna lie to you; This is the most unenjoyable experience of my lifetime. This has been so disappointing.”

“Look: Joel [Soriano] is slow laterally, he’s not fast on the court. Chris Ledlum is slow laterally, Sean Conway’s slow laterally. Brady [Dunlap] is physically weak, Drissa [Traore] is slow laterally,”

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39556235/fading-st-john-guard-anybody-rick-pitino-says

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Rick Pitino goes after his team, names names, says they all suck and he hates coaching them. 

““We are so unathletic that we can’t guard anybody without fouling. For me, I’ve always enjoyed the first year, and I’m not gonna lie to you; This is the most unenjoyable experience of my lifetime. This has been so disappointing.”

“Look: Joel [Soriano] is slow laterally, he’s not fast on the court. Chris Ledlum is slow laterally, Sean Conway’s slow laterally. Brady [Dunlap] is physically weak, Drissa [Traore] is slow laterally,”

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39556235/fading-st-john-guard-anybody-rick-pitino-says

Wow, that’s some serious old guy energy there. I’ve watched St. John’s play this year and he is not wrong but, keep that in house.

Watching Virginia Tech leading UVa by 32 with 6:34 to play. 

On 2/19/2024 at 10:36 AM, The Ace of Aces said:

Safe to say he doesn't like the roster he inherited...

aggy 0 for the last 15. That doesn't seem good. Refs keeping them in the game. 

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

aggy geting every call in the 2nd half but Arkansas minus 2/3 of the love triangle are pulling away.

10 fouls to 2 in the 2nd half. It's almost like these refs know aggy won't make the tournament with a loss in this game.