NCAA Basketball 2023-24

shadow_operative

Louisville officials expect to inform coach Kenny Payne within the next 24 hours that he will not return as men's basketball coach, sources told ESPN on Tuesday.

Payne had yet to speak with athletic director Josh Heird by Tuesday night since losing in the ACC tournament earlier in the day. Louisville's season ended with a 94-85 loss to NC State, as the Cardinals finished 8-24 overall and 3-17 in ACC play.

Louisville is expected to owe Payne around $8 million, the buyout of what's remaining on the six-year contract he signed when he was hired, sources told ESPN. He finishes his Louisville career with an overall record of 12-52 with just one win away from home.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39719917/louisville-inform-kenny-payne-coach

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

Marquette game winner overturned as the ball was still on the shooters fingertips when time expired. Pretty good play, but overtime it is. 

8 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

This has been entertaining. 

I was at the game. At first, from our view it looked good. I was sitting with a Villanova player’s family so I had to behave a bit.  I don’t like either team but, was kind of rooting for Marquette. There was no Havoc at all though. 

73215644702__C899D131-4EC1-4459-BF9D-B3DB4E7EB2EF.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

was at the game. At first, from our view it looked good. I was sitting with a Villanova player’s family so I had to behave a bit.  I don’t like either team but, was kind of rooting for Marquette. There was no Havoc at all though. 

Marquettes coach kind of acted like a unsportsmanlike brat when they initially thought it was good.   Embarrassing.

Edited by ClubWhatever

25 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Juwan Howard out at Michigan. 

https://www.outkick.com/sports/reporter-alleges-white-media-is-the-reason-michigan-coach-might-be-fired

Juwan Howard asked racist question about "white media" after Michigan's season ended.

"There’s three black coaches in this conference and throughout the season, each one of you has been put on a hot seat by the white media. I’m hoping that you survive this because we know black coaches sometimes don’t. But can you speak on just the fact that the three of you are doing the job that you’ve been hired to do, representing as coaches. There was black kids in the stands today that got to see you coach and will see the other two black coaches during this tournament. Can you just speak on that," reporter Charles Hallman of the Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder asked the Michigan coach.

Embarrassed Duck GIF

13 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Pitt v UNC in the first ACC semi. It will be a tough one for us. They gave us the business pretty good this year.  It was a nice v Wake yesterday. 

Tough loss to UNC.  Our freshmen were outstanding.  Lost it at the FT line with an 8-point disparity.  

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:
I guess Auburn was the only top 4 SEC seed that cared about today.
Are you sure?

sect.png.964b4b4c5a63210588f10d029e4319e6.png

Well, I do believe in alternate universes and timelines, and while I have been drinking old fashioneds and imbibing herb the entire time, we scored 102 points on those in-breds and move on.   

Edit: but a solid point. They just switched the scoring. 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Well, I do believe in alternate universes and timelines, and while I have been drinking old fashioneds and imbibing herb the entire time, we scored 102 points on those in-breds and move on.   

Edit: but a solid point. They just switched the scoring. 

Was it a rye old-fashioned? Those are the best, imo.

3 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Was it a rye old-fashioned? Those are the best, imo.

I have a gallon wooden cask that I put wild turkey rare breed rye and orange bitters and a small amount of sugar cane simple syrup and a couple shots of Cointreau in - and let sit. 

…and it most definitely wasn’t an “a”😎

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

horrible call in the PUrdue Wisconsin game.  charge on Edey should have been called.

Edey gets so much grace and allowance in terms of foul calls 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Edey gets so much grace and allowance in terms of foul calls 

the dude is good but he's also a galoot running around.  he ran right over the guy just standing there.