2023 Game Time Announcements

mdmost

One of my balls just dropped even farther seeing that 2:30p kickoff with Rice.  Probably the only time we'll take the girls to a game and Daddy will be fighting off alcohol and heatstroke with both sweaty ass hands.  

Ugh, Rice at 230pm. Brutal.  

I worked EMS at a few of the games my senior year in 1987.  Those early September day games we'd be carting out a bunch of old guys wearing those polyester burnt orange sports jackets.  Now that I'm old like them I've got evaporative cooling towels, a bucket hat, moisture wicking t-shirts, etc.  And it doesn't hurt to have season tickets in the shade under the west side upper deck.  

53 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I mean... Ole Miss starts with 1 and 2:30 games in Oxford and New Orleans. It could always be worse.

I'm just bitter because I have great seats but they just happen to be on the East Side.  Was planning to drive in with the fam for LDW assuming a night game but no way I'm bringing a 4 and 6 year old to a 2:30 kick.  Wouldn't last 1 series.

29 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I love when broke dicks on here complain about the LHN

LHN at least doesnt schedule a 101 degree kickoff like FOX does

We played the San Jose State at 2:30 on the LHN back in 2017 on September 9th. 

San Jose State University Logo
Sep 9 (Sat) 2:30 p.m.

TV: Longhorn Network Radio: 104.9FM, 99.3FM
Edited by mdmost

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

It was on Fox with fuckstick Brando on the call. 

Dammit. You're right. I think I saw Longhorn Radio Network and my ADHD brain went right past that. 

There was one I distinctly remember as it made a lot of people angry. It was 2017.

San Jose State University Logo
Sep 9 (Sat) 2:30 p.m.

TV: Longhorn Network Radio: 104.9FM, 99.3FM
Edited by mdmost

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Three night games announced already, I’ll take that over 11am over and over all day.  

I doubt you'll get anyone who wants a day game in September or any other date on the schedule that isn't in mid to late November. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I mean... Ole Miss starts with 1 and 2:30 games in Oxford and New Orleans. It could always be worse.

I was gonna post a smartass reply, but for once I actually did my homework and just now learned they haven't played their home games in the Superdome since 2013.  Learn something new every day!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I doubt you'll get anyone who wants a day game in September or any other date on the schedule that isn't in mid to late November. 

Back in the days of yore it was common for Texas not to play a game before the 3rd week of September, and even then those games would be night games. That's true as recently as 1985, when the season opener was on 9/21 vs. Missouri in Austin.  (Horns prevailed 21-17 in that game.  SWC! SWC!  SWC! )

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

I was gonna post a smartass reply, but for once I actually did my homework and just now learned they haven't played their home games in the Superdome since 2013.  Learn something new every day!

How have you not seen the angry wave?

Yulman_Stadium_Aerials_3_June_2017.jpg&h

• Haha 1