Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

I didn't think LG was very sharp that entire inning. Maybe there were a few calls that didn't go his way but he just isn't throwing well today. I can acknowledge that the ump sucks and at the same time acknowledge that we aren't exactly tearing it up out here. 

Just now, ztejas said:

I didn't think LG was very sharp that entire inning. Maybe there were a few calls that didn't go his way but he just isn't throwing well today. I can acknowledge that the ump sucks and at the same time acknowledge that we aren't exactly tearing it up out here. 

We are playing the #8 team in the country. You arent going to just skullfuck them. It will be close and it is. Marginal ball/strike calls matter in closely matched teams. 

2 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

It was an obvious double but he was definitely conserving his energy.  

It was going to be a double no matter what. Job then is to field it cleanly and make a good throw to the cutoff or 3rd. No reason to sprint out and fall on the track or something else.

Just now, Helobious said:

Lol this board is hilarious. Gordon barely missed on those outside pitches but they were balls. Last pitch wasn’t even close to the zone.

LOL you know shit about baseball. those are strikes for the stanford pitchers.  that is the point.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Lol this board is hilarious. Gordon barely missed on those outside pitches but they were balls. Last pitch wasn’t even close to the zone.

I agree I didn't think there was anything egregious there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Bullshit. Those are all strikes against us and have been all day. Also high ones.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

lots of aggy umpires on this thread for sure

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You haven’t been watching clearly as all three of those pitches have been called strikes consistently 

• Hook 'Em 1

Look asshole this is the fucking Super Regionals. We really want this. We are not dispassionate robots over here. Yeah if you want that shit don't hang out at a fan board during a championship series.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We are playing the #8 team in the country. You arent going to just skullfuck them. It will be close and it is. Marginal ball/strike calls matter in closely matched teams. 

I never said marginal calls don't matter. I thought that LG should have been done after the solo shot. Are we arguing whether that was a ball or strike?

Dude didn't have his best stuff today and the ump was working against him. We're lucky they only hung 3 on us. 

Sometimes you just have to play better baseball. 

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

LOL you know shit about baseball. those are strikes for the stanford pitchers.  that is the point.

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Bullshit. Those are all strikes against us and have been all day. Also high ones.

That was the first frame I’ve watched so I don’t know how he’s been calling Texas.