Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

The better choice would have been JD for Jack O.

Since the Big 12 tourney, Dalys had about as many well hit balls as anyone in the lineup.

Galvan ain’t hitting that dudes curve. I mean miracles do happen.

Daly isn’t hitting it either, clearly

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

This game had nothing to do with LG. He gave up 3 runs. He couldve given up 0 and we would still be tied. This is on the bats.

You are talking to a lot of people that believe no other team has scholarship players and they should all roll over and let Texas steam roll them

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

This game had nothing to do with LG. He gave up 3 runs. He couldve given up 0 and we would still be tied. This is on the bats.

This game had everything to do with LG. You just admitted yourself that if he held it scoreless this would be tied. 

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

You are talking to a lot of people that believe no other team has scholarship players and they should all roll over and let Texas steam roll them

Sorry - who is he talking to?

You thought Gordon was awesome today? He's lucky he didn't give up 6 runs. 

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Dude really what? 

Daly fucking sucks and has sucked all season. I'm supposed to anoint him because he had 3 decent at bats in the regional? 

I've said all season long that Pierce's failing with this team is not having a short stop. Someone of Daly's quality starting at short for Texas is fucking embarassing. I like Pierce but he needs to put legitimate position players on the field. 

You should stop drinking, posting, or BOTH.

Enjoy the ride. No One here thought or predicted at the beginning of the season we would be in a SUPER (or the chance to host one).

This team is playing with house money right now and still is in this game today and will be tomorrow. Jalin is the SS for the future right now but doesn't have the defense that Daly has. Give it a rest about legitimate players. You stated earlier yourself you know little about baseball. You're right.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Rip76 said:

No game time tomorrow yet?

theres a lot games that still have to be pulled into today that may or may not take up spots tomorrow depending on who wins.   makes sense.  esp since 3 games that were supposed to start 5 hours before us havent completed yet

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

This game had everything to do with LG. You just admitted yourself that if he held it scoreless this would be tied. 

So the expectation is for our starter to throw a 0 run game against the #8 team in the country. Just so we can be tied. And if he doesnt, the loss is on him. Interesting take. A wildly bad take, but an interesting take nonetheless.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

So the expectation is for our starter to throw a 0 run game against the #8 team in the country. Just so we can be tied. And if he doesnt, the loss is on him. Interesting take. A wildly bad take, but an interesting take nonetheless.  

it wasn't on gordon.  he did his job.  our bats are getting dominated.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BillyGoatHill said:

You should stop drinking, posting, or BOTH.

Enjoy the ride. No One here thought or predicted at the beginning of the season we would be in a SUPER (or the chance to host one).

This team is playing with house money right now and still is in this game today and will be tomorrow. Jalin is the SS for the future right now but doesn't have the defense that Daly has. Give it a rest about legitimate players. You stated earlier yourself you know little about baseball. You're right.

Daly is a trash starting short stop for a program like Texas. I'm not even sure what the fuck you're talking about. I've really enjoyed this season that doesn't mean I think we shouldn't have a legitimate infield. Daly is absolutely not a legitimate guy that the University of Texas should have playing short stop. 

Just now, ztejas said:

Sorry - who is he taking to?

You thought Gordon was awesome today? He's lucky he didn't give up 6 runs. 

Lucas was good today, no better, no worse. A solid performance against a team with 6 righties and a switch hitter that’s hitting .318 as a team with 113 HRs coming into today.

But if your argument is he should have given up 0 runs because he’s our Ace and anything more than 0 is unacceptable, then yes, he did not pitch good at all today

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

Lucas was good today, no better, no worse. A solid performance against a team with 6 righties and a switch hitter that’s hitting .318 as a team with 113 HRs coming into today.

But if your argument is he should have given up 0 runs because he’s our Ace and anything more than 0 is unacceptable, then yes, he did not pitch good at all today

I hear y'all - this game isn't on him. I just wish he was a little bit better today. 

• Hook 'Em 2