2023 College World Series

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Shitty way to end a great CWS. Wanted at least 3 games but UF isn’t recovering from that dick punch.

LSU has all the momentum but game 2 was always the most advantageous match-up for Florida. 

Tomorrow is likely going to be a bullpen day for LSU because they have nothing after Floyd and Skenes (who isn't pitching tomorrow). 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

LSU has all the momentum but game 2 was always the most advantageous match-up for Florida. 

Tomorrow is likely going to be a bullpen day for LSU because they have nothing after Floyd and Skenes (who isn't pitching tomorrow). 

Soo, do we think Skenes gets the start Monday, if needed?  

5 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Florida reminds me of some Texas teams in the past that rally.  Don’t think this is over.

The one that went 2 and q?

I saw a good team with about zero scrap.  And 20 bloody strikeouts.  You don't win baseball games striking out 20 times.

And, yeah LSU had 16, but they also have a feast or famine lineup that feasted when they needed to.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

yeah but this feels just like 2009.  whoever won game 1 was going to win the series because nobody was beating jungmann in game 2.  Florida isn't beating Skenes in game 3.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yeah but this feels just like 2009.  whoever won game 1 was going to win the series because nobody was beating jungmann in game 2.  Florida isn't beating Skenes in game 3.

I would normally agree if Skenes was on normal rest but he's already thrown a shit load of pitches at the CWS and it's going to be 4 days shorter than normal rest for a college pitcher. 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

I would normally agree if Skenes was on normal rest but he's already thrown a shit load of pitches at the CWS and it's going to be 4 days shorter than normal rest for a college pitcher. 

That's Florida's only hope, it seems.

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I looked up to see how the regular season went between these two teams…..uh…..they did not play each other at all.

Nope. 30 game schedule.

Florida didn't face LSU, Arkansas, or Miss St. in the regular season and the SEC tournament was rematches with Bama, Vandy, Vandy.

LSU didn't face Florida, Vandy, or Missouri in the regular season and the SEC tournament was rematches with South Carolina, Arkansas, A&M.

10 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Cooper enjoys many nice steak dinners.   have another one, hoss.  

but Floyd with 17 ks was nails.  

Ty was the man.  

10 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Florida reminds me of some Texas teams in the past that rally.  Don’t think this is over.

I want LSU to win and I don't think it's over.  Not by any stretch.

This should be epic.

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I want LSU to win and I don't think it's over.  Not by any stretch.

This should be epic.

Florida's strength is depth of pitching. That's what they still have working for them. 

They still have a lot of really good arms left. Only issue is now they have to face Skenes (assuming they win game 2 of course). 

Good news and bad news.  Good news is I watched it out a neighbor’s house filled with LSU fans and emerged home without serious social problems.  Good-er news is I met a 50-ish divorcee down the street who’s going to brunch with me next week. 

Bad news is we blew a game to the corn dogs requiring a win Monday against Superman.   If we would’ve won this tonight, I feel like we would’ve stolen it. Tonight LSU was better. Why we are incapable of swinging it strikes?   I cannot fathom. Hopefully will go to three and make this interesting.  Congrats LSU, and go Gators.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I'm stating the obvious but it's pretty clear what wins now in college sports. Look at the 6 major sports (men and women). 

Football-Georgia (they buy recruits like crazy)

Men's basketball-UCONN (not sure they really buy players like most programs but were very active in the portal this year)

Baseball-Likely LSU (we saw what they did in the portal)

Softball-OU (they buy the top transfers every year in softball)

Volleyball-Texas (Just bought one of the top transfer classes ever which is why they won it all)

Women's basketball-LSU (Definitely buying players from the portal. The top transfer class this year)

I think the only outlier here is maybe UCONN. If you want to win national titles you have to buy the top recruits and transfers. Again, I know this is fairly obvious. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Good news and bad news.  Good news is I watched it out a neighbor’s house filled with LSU fans and emerged home without serious social problems.  Good-er news is I met a 50-ish divorcee down the street who’s going to brunch with me next week. 

Bad news is we blew a game to the corn dogs requiring a win Monday against Superman.   If we would’ve won this tonight, I feel like we would’ve stolen it. Tonight LSU was better. Why we are incapable of swinging it strikes?   I cannot fathom. Hopefully will go to three and make this interesting.  Congrats LSU, and go Gators.  

Posting pics of the divorcee is really the only out here. If you want the Baseball Gods to grant you a win, you must make a sacrifice. 

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

Just curious.  Where the LSU corn dogs reference come from?  Not getting the reference given their state is lot of swamp.

8 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

take her to Jewel of the South.  thank me later.  

good luck tomorrow…but not really.  

29 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

take her to Jewel of the South.  thank me later.  

good luck tomorrow…but not really.  

It is a great place.  

No worries buddy. I’m taking your good luck tomorrow the same way you should be taking my congratulations.

Edited by Gatorubet
pissed we lost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Just curious.  Where the LSU corn dogs reference come from?  Not getting the reference given their state is lot of swamp.

Internet joke from an Auburn message board (I think) 15-20 years ago.

It's one of those things that stuck because it makes no real sense but it was written as an extensive piece. Like the guy wrote a full page on the topic.

Edited by gatormarc

The LSU corn dog post is up there in the hall of fame of all time great college football posts. 

Peoples around here may not want to admit it, but the story about waking up to Texas Fight, playing some golf, going to the Big 12 Championship game against Nebraska, getting beat in the Drum by Arizona the same day and getting stuck in the parking garage for about 5 hours all the time singing "Neon Moon" is one of the best.

Then you have the Alabama fan story about how you must respect them because of their history in college football.  That allows them to cut in line, do not scream in their ears, your phony ass fight song doesn't matter, etc.  

And then you have the LSU corn dog post. It's pretty much a guy saying LSU fans smell like corn dogs and they know it.  But don't tell them you recognize the smell or they will go feral on you and start to rip you from limb to limb.  It's pretty true to be honest.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A pretty big error in the 8th inning by O'sullivan. 

Stuck with the righty/lefty match up against a power hitter like White when he was 5 outs away from winning. With a legit closer in the pen. That was a major fuck up. 

Good fuck him and the Lizards

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The LSU corn dog post is up there in the hall of fame of all time great college football posts. 

Peoples around here may not want to admit it, but the story about waking up to Texas Fight, playing some golf, going to the Big 12 Championship game against Nebraska, getting beat in the Drum by Arizona the same day and getting stuck in the parking garage for about 5 hours all the time singing "Neon Moon" is one of the best.

Then you have the Alabama fan story about how you must respect them because of their history in college football.  That allows them to cut in line, do not scream in their ears, your phony ass fight song doesn't matter, etc.  

And then you have the LSU corn dog post. It's pretty much a guy saying LSU fans smell like corn dogs and they know it.  But don't tell them you recognize the smell or they will go feral on you and start to rip you from limb to limb.  It's pretty true to be honest.

Don't forget A&M's iPhone post

1 hour ago, gatormarc said:

Internet joke from an Auburn message board (I think) 15-20 years ago.

It's one of those things that stuck because it makes no real sense but it was written as an extensive piece. Like the guy wrote a full page on the topic.

https://bamahammer.com/2011/10/31/the-corndog-story-lsus-nickname-explained/

It’s like talking about Tennessee fans and their lack of teeth.  You know, a bit of fun digging the other team combined with an element of truth. 

I personally think it is just an aroma that is the combination of fried fish, boiled crawfish, Boudin steamed in beer - and humans sweat from living in this giant sauna that is Louisiana. 

I personally think the Cajuns are among the best people on earth, but living here amongst them, whenever Florida could beat them and humiliate them it makes my day.  God dammit, I miss Spurrier taking their manhood with regularity.

7 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm stating the obvious but it's pretty clear what wins now in college sports. Look at the 6 major sports (men and women). 

Football-Georgia (they buy recruits like crazy)

Men's basketball-UCONN (not sure they really buy players like most programs but were very active in the portal this year)

Baseball-Likely LSU (we saw what they did in the portal)

Softball-OU (they buy the top transfers every year in softball)

Volleyball-Texas (Just bought one of the top transfer classes ever which is why they won it all)

Women's basketball-LSU (Definitely buying players from the portal. The top transfer class this year)

I think the only outlier here is maybe UCONN. If you want to win national titles you have to buy the top recruits and transfers. Again, I know this is fairly obvious. 

I should put a bug in Calipari’s ear about paying for players to win championships.