Kenny Paxton/Dave P's Impeachment Game Day Thread

atomheartbevo

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Mitch's website photo appears to be outdated or highly touched up.

spacer.png

https://solidcounsel.com/attorneys/mitch-little/

Interdasting.  I know some of these people, including Jack Stone.  Kind of an aggy, but I never would have figured them to be Trumpists/Paxonists.  The judge in Powell's disciplinary case came from Scheef & Stone.

That dude ain't no more than 6' 4".

I had never heard of DeGuerin before this impeachment. Then I watched a Waco show on Netflix and saw that he went into Mt. Carmel to talk with Koresh. 

47 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Maxwell:  "My opinion was that is that Nate Paul is a criminal, and that our office should not be associated with him."

Hearsay, your honor!  Wait, what?  Well he was told that in Spanish, it doesn't count! 

16 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

They should have given this dude a cameo in No Country For Old Men

Take it, take the money.  And you didn't see me.  

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

He's 7' tall, and he consumes the English with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.

This whole thing is turning into a Bill BRaskey SNL sketch

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Just got off an hour-longs Teams call.  Has Cogdell scored any hits?

It's the same damn thing the defense has done all trial long. Line of questioning that sounds like they are setting something up and nothing ever comes.

And yes, Cogdell seems like he loves Maxwell. 

If you can't watch, this guy has been decent at summing it up.

This is about Paxton wanting the search warrant/agents investigated, and Maxwell saying if they did that it would have been the AG's office committing obstruction, and Paxton's defense being smarmy and basically asking why he didn't cuff them right there if there was a crime. 

Paxton's people weren't prepared for Maxwell, or they don't understand about fucking with a Texas Ranger.

• Hook 'Em 2

He checks all of their boxes.  He's used to testifying in court,  has a distinguished LE career and can't be bullied by the defense.  I imagine he is super conservative also.  A certain former President would describe him as straight out of central casting.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2

LOL, Dan Patrick: "You can call me anything"

Not the first time he has used that line. 

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Not sure. Order of witnesses is part guesswork. But he’s a great witness to end on a Friday.

No way they expected 2 of those witnesses to be as meek as they were. But they definitely wanted to anchor Friday with the ranger. 

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

He checks all of their boxes.  He's used to testifying in court,  has a distinguished LE career and can't be bullied by the defense.  I imagine he is super conservative also.

To be fair, you'd think the associate AG would be able to handle his own on a witness stand.

2 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I'm having a hard time following some of Cogdell's questions. 

So is Maxwell.

Also, facts not in evidence was the proper objection and should have been sustained. Cogdell is testifying rather than asking questions.