2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If JAX loss or tie, HOU (4) wins division hosts CLE (5)

If JAX win & BUF win, HOU (7) at BUF (2)

If JAX win & MIA win, HOU (6) at KC (3)

I think I prefer KC. They have looked really mortal this season.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Macklemore said:

TonyTexas is just an anti-Christian bigot. Fuck him and others like him.

That’s quite harsh and totally unfounded. All I said is that Stroud isn’t a great interview. I didn’t say why I think that.  Maybe it’s the monotone. Maybe it’s  because he talks in cliche’. Maybe it is because of his godspeak. My point is that you couldn’t know and to make that leap from what I said to your vile statement is fucked up and you should be ashamed. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

That’s quite harsh and totally unfounded. All I said is that Stroud isn’t a great interview. I didn’t say why I think that.  Maybe it’s the monotone. Maybe it’s  because he talks in cliche’. Maybe it is because of his godspeak. My point is that you couldn’t know and to make that leap from what I said to your vile statement is fucked up and you should be ashamed. 

You’re right, I was too harsh. My apologies. My asshole brother was saying similar shit after the game and I took it out on you. He truly is an anti-Christian bigot but that’s no excuse for my response to your post. We got the W and let’s celebrate getting to the playoffs. Unlike Easterby, who is a complete fraud, Demeco, CJ and Terminator are sincere in their faith and are winners on the field.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

What. A. Fucking. Season. 

The Football Gods finally smiled upon the city of Houston. Hiring Demeco and drafting Stroud in the same year has completely turned the Texans around. This feels like rooting for a college team. Demeco loves Houston and this was the one job he wanted. It wasn't about money or the roster he had. He wanted to build something specifically for the organization and fanbase he played for. I feel pretty confident right now that CJ will retire a Houston Texan. Tank Dell is basically a hometown guy after playing at UH, and he will EAT UP the league when he gets back next year. Demeco wanted to get aggressive and trade up for a fellow Bama defensive stud in Will Anderson, who already is a team Captain like Demeco was and a leader in the locker room. It also helps that they're all extremely likable dudes. 

It's amazing what a franchise QB can do for other players. Nico Collins was basically a JAG before Stroud arrived. Now he is an absolute BEAST and one of the more dangerous WRs in the league. Noah Brown showed a lot before he got hurt, way more potential then when he played for the Cowboys. Hell, even the offensive line overperformed in passing protection, I think in part due to knowing that CJ is the truth and that he will make teams pay dearly if they can give him time. 

Houston will have 4-5 primetime games next year. A couple of Monday night games, probably a couple of Sunday night games too.

The NFL draft is gonna be so much easier to navigate when you have a franchise QB. CJ will continue to have input and complete trust from the organization on the offensive side, allowing Demeco and staff to build properly on defense. Great free agents are gonna wanna play here. CJ, Demeco, warm weather, desirable city for athletes, etc. It will be a top destination. 

Obviously season isn't over and I believe we can beat anyone as long as CJ is on the field. Gonna be tough if we have to go to Buffalo or Kansas City, mainly due to the weather. 

All I know is, 

we back up.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

You’re right, I was too harsh. My apologies. My asshole brother was saying similar shit after the game and I took it out on you. He truly is an anti-Christian bigot but that’s no excuse for my response to your post. We got the W and let’s celebrate getting to the playoffs. Unlike Easterby, who is a complete fraud, Demeco, CJ and Terminator are sincere in their faith and are winners on the field.

I’m not an anti-Christian bigot dumbfuck, I’m an anti-organized religion bigot. Get your fucking facts straight before you pop off and get owned by multiple people again on your own thread you worthless fat fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Fat Bastard said:

I’m not an anti-Christian bigot dumbfuck, I’m an anti-organized religion bigot. Get your fucking facts straight before you pop off and get owned by multiple people again on your own thread you worthless fat fuck. 

Username 

• Hook 'Em 1

Dammit

This article is a double kick in the nuts. 
1. Tank could physically be ready to play now that his fracture healed, except you only get 8 call-ups from IR and Houston has already used all 8.

2. H-town blue won’t be the new primary color, and may only be featured in one or two of Four uniform schemes. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, APMP said:

There's a couple of other true Stroud truthers like me from way back before the draft. Oh how sweet the victory lap this morning.

You were a true believer from the beginning. Much props. I was quietly optimistic about the pick at the time. The UGA playoff game gave me hope. Was not going to crown him or declare him a bust on draft day.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

i had faith in - demeco, stroud, anderson, dell, and schultz 

I thought Beck would be solid, and hopes that collins would step up

rest of team was garbage  

Edited by tx 3 putt

Nothing in the NFL is more valuable than a franchise caliber QB on a rookie contract, and we have one of those. The next 4 years (three plus 5th year option) is best window we'll have to put Super Bowl talent around him. Time for Nick, DeMeco, and the McNairs to get to work.

• Hook 'Em 4

Texans have a ton of cap space and flexibility. coming up. I would hope that hannah already has a team of analysts evaluating players and their ‘money ball’ numbers. Houston will be a destination spot. We shouldn’t over pay for old players 

zeke elliott is coming off a one year / $3 mil contract, I’d kick the tires at those numbers 

we’ll have two 1st round picks too 

Edited by tx 3 putt

23 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Texans have a ton of cap space and flexibility. coming up. I would hope that hannah already has a team of analysts evaluating players and their ‘money ball’ numbers. Houston will be a destination spot. We shouldn’t over pay for old players 

zeke elliott is coming off a one year / $3 mil contract, I’d kick the tires at those numbers 

We do have a lot of cap space ($71M) but also a lot of free agents as Caserio has been going heavy on short term contracts. Also, the only 2024 1st rounder the Texans have is Cleveland’s, which will be in the mid to high twenties. 

Edited by TonyTexas

I’d kick the tires on Barkley too. He’s probably on the backside of his career, but he could be useful for a season or two if the price is right.

Obviously Johnathan Brooks would be great if he were to fall to us.

1.  Coach looks like he could still suit up and wreck some shit.

2. That Stroub pass to Nico on the sideline...  C.J. is throwing off his back foot with pretty much just upper body strength.   That was an amazing (and dangerous) pass.  Nico made a great adjustment on the ball.   All in all, one of those plays you need to break your way in a game like that.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

We do have a lot of cap space ($71M) but also a lot of free agents as Caserio has been going heavy on short term contracts. Also, the only 2024 1st rounder the Texans have is Cleveland’s, which will be in the mid to high twenties. 

You're right but the Texans will be fine if they handle this right. This team does not need a top 5 pick or to pay a lot of money to free agents. Schultz has been great but we don't need to break the bank and keep him. He is replaceable on a cheaper contract or draft pick. Imagine JT Sanders in this offense if he fell to 2nd or 3rd round. 

Nico and Tank should be fixtures as starters. They compliment each other extremely well. We need a 3rd WR and some depth there. Been disappointed in Hutchinson as I really liked that pick initially. 

OL is crucial and should be the main focus with acquisitions on offense. We must keep CJ healthy. 

I'm a big believer in Will Anderson anchoring this defense for years to come.  Need to upgrade at DT, LB, and in the secondary. Go get one of Sweat or Murphy with the late 1st round pick (haha I know I'm a homer but I bet you anything Demeco will LOVE Murphy's tape and attitude). 

I'd focus more on depth than star power in the offseason. The culture has already been set. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

1.  Coach looks like he could still suit up and wreck some shit.

2. That Stroub pass to Nico on the sideline...  C.J. is throwing off his back foot with pretty much just upper body strength.   That was an amazing (and dangerous) pass.  Nico made a great adjustment on the ball.   All in all, one of those plays you need to break your way in a game like that.

The beauty of that play after seeing a different angle is it wasn't a dangerous pass. CJ knew where guys were running and that side of the field was completely empty. He threw it where it was either a simple incompletion or only Nico could make a great play. 

32 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I’d kick the tires on Barkley too. 
Obviously Johnathan Brooks would be great if he were to fall to us.

Not sure the cost for Barkley makes sense... "the juice isn't worth the squeeze"

Jonathon Brooks if he falls to a 5th Rd pick might be a great selection.  

Definitely need a versatile RB that can run and catch well --  Texans must add that type of weapon for 2024.

• Like 1