2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

It would suck losing Slowick, but there are enough guys from the Shanahan tree now to go get another. That tree has many branches as Leach's did in college.

he’s gone. lot young coaches shining this season

• Hook 'Em 1

He’d be perfect for the panthers / young 

I would hate to see a coach like that go to Carolina. Fucked meddling owner who fires coaches in his sports teams like others change shirts. Lack of talent across the board. Lack of draft capital. No GM. Team is in a city where everyone is from elsewhere; crowd is often majority visitor. I want Tepper to hire someone like Urban, or some other asshole.

I would be surprised if anyone hired Slowik as a head coach, he's 36 and doesn't have a ton of experience. It's good for him to do the interviews and get experience with the process, but I doubt he would get the job this year. I also wouldn't let him interview until after the Texans are done in the playoffs, way too much work to prep for opponents while being distracted by interviews.  I think he needs a couple more seasons of success before someone promotes him to HC. This year is the first time he has been an OC for an NFL team, guys usually have several years of that before making the jump to HC. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

We really need to send the browns a muffin basket ….

What the Texans have drafted (and will still receive) for Deshaun Watson :

2024 1st 
2024 1st
Xavier Hutchinson 
Kenyon Green
Christian Harris
Dameon Pierce
Thomas Booker
Will Anderson 
Tank Dell
John Metchie III

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

2024 1st 
2024 1st

For some reason you keep saying that the Texans have 2 first rounders in 2024. They only have Cleveland’s 1st, having traded their own to Arizona for WAJ. They also have the Brown’s 4th rounder.  Am I missing something?

42 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

2024 1st 
2024 1st
Xavier Hutchinson 
Kenyon Green
Christian Harris
Dameon Pierce
Thomas Booker
Will Anderson 
Tank Dell
John Metchie III

So, 3 really good players and a lot of JAGs, good job Caserio.

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

2024 1st 
2024 1st
Xavier Hutchinson 
Kenyon Green
Christian Harris
Dameon Pierce
Thomas Booker
Will Anderson 
Tank Dell
John Metchie III

I don’t believe all of these players came from Cleveland’s picks, we only have one 2024 1st rounder from Cleveland, and Will Anderson also cost us our own #33 in 2023 and our 2024 1st rounder. 

The more (but not exactly) accurate sum of the trade is Houston gave up Watson and #33 in 2023 for Kenyon Green, Will Anderson, and John Metchie.  Shitty trade if not for shitbag Watson being injured or suspended the whole time. 

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I don’t believe all of these players came from Cleveland’s picks, we only have one 2024 1st rounder from Cleveland, and Will Anderson also cost us our own #33 in 2023 and our 2024 1st rounder. 

The more (but not exactly) accurate sum of the trade is Houston gave up Watson and #33 in 2023 for Kenyon Green, Will Anderson, and John Metchie.  Shitty trade if not for shitbag Watson being injured or suspended the whole time. 

Hindsight is 20/20; the Browns have played better with Joe Flacco than DW at any point.

Would anyone in the league trade Will Anderson straight up for Deshaun Watson right now?

Well the trust that Janice technically controls, owns the Texans and Carls business interest. 

This could be him ensuring his business is protected secured as much as anything related to actual control of the Texans. 

We shall see.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

The Kenyon Green pick has been a disaster so far. Taking an OG that early should almost means that player should be a perennial Pro Bowler, instead he's been a bust and injured. We'll see if he figures it out but I'm not optimistic. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Houston Texans owner Janice McNair fights for her guardianship as son takes her to court

https://abc13.com/houston-texans-owner-janice-mcnair-guardianship-robert-cary-jr-family-fued/14302849/

been going on for years

13 hours ago, Fico said:

Well the trust that Janice technically controls, owns the Texans and Carls business interest. 

This could be him ensuring his business is protected secured as much as anything related to actual control of the Texans. 

We shall see.

lol, no it's all about him and cutting out the other siblings.  not the first time he has tried this. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So Junior wants the trust to sell the team and cash out now that the franchise is seemingly on a positive trend? Would this be a bad option?

Completely depends on who the new ownership group is. Cal and Hannah are running the day to day operations, while the other 3 kids don't appear to be involved. In the past, some of the failed NFL ownership bids by big names have been Jeff Bezos (tried to buy the Commanders) and the Manning family (Broncos, lost to Waltons), have been in the mix. Mark Cuban just sold the Mavs, so he could potentially move down I45 and buy the Texans instead, but I don't know if the NFL owners would want to deal with him. Someone with infinite funding like Bezos isn't all that attractive as an owner, since the NFL doesn't have luxury tax like the NBA and MLB do. You can't overspend your way to a championship like the Dodgers or Warriors try to do every year.  

It would be great to get someone local who cares about the city, but I'm not sure how many billionaires around here would want an NFL team. I do wonder if Cal will have an option to retain his stake in the team while the other 3 kids sell theirs, if the sale is forced on Janice, but it's a sticky situation and will take a few years to work out.  

• Like 1

I don’t know. It seems like Cal finally got it right. Yeah, he made some dumb choices, but at least he was quick to move on from them (Lovie, Cully). He seems to genuinely love the team. And Hannah!! I’d rather have Cal than Jerry Jones!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Completely depends on who the new ownership group is. Cal and Hannah are running the day to day operations, while the other 3 kids don't appear to be involved. In the past, some of the failed NFL ownership bids by big names have been Jeff Bezos (tried to buy the Commanders) and the Manning family (Broncos, lost to Waltons), have been in the mix. Mark Cuban just sold the Mavs, so he could potentially move down I45 and buy the Texans instead, but I don't know if the NFL owners would want to deal with him. Someone with infinite funding like Bezos isn't all that attractive as an owner, since the NFL doesn't have luxury tax like the NBA and MLB do. You can't overspend your way to a championship like the Dodgers or Warriors try to do every year.  

It would be great to get someone local who cares about the city, but I'm not sure how many billionaires around here would want an NFL team. I do wonder if Cal will have an option to retain his stake in the team while the other 3 kids sell theirs, if the sale is forced on Janice, but it's a sticky situation and will take a few years to work out.  

I would love for Mark Cuban to own an NFL franchise….

7 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The Kenyon Green pick has been a disaster so far. Taking an OG that early should almost means that player should be a perennial Pro Bowler, instead he's been a bust and injured. We'll see if he figures it out but I'm not optimistic. 

Hey man, it could have been worse - we could have used #3 on Evan Neal. Nobody would have complained at the time, but he’s going to struggle to even make the Giants’ roster next year…

Talked to my locker room source yesterday. (Former SEC D player whose nephew is a defensive starter). Demeco’s first year hasn’t been without growing pains. It’s been a challenge to keep the defensive players, coordinators, and position coaches on the same page, and there have been times when the HC has felt “shown up” by a player or coach who was showing leadership initiative. To his credit, he’s self aware enough to recognize when he needs to address and even apologize when things get heated. It’s cool seeing the maturation from a player’s perception. I will say that if the secondary blows a coverage or miscommunicates and gives up a big play or score, that gets analyzed at all levels and used as a learning opportunity.

What we as fans see as somebody missing a coverage or tackle and think “so and so sucks or is a bust” gets the microscope in the film room with coaches and players discussing what look they were seeing, what to watch for, what instinct to trust. It’s fascinating.

Oh, and I passed along our love for Hannah.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1