UTSA without Frank Harris.

msucolt45

I don't understand why people are surprised that Army beat UTSA. Army is dangerous, you never know what you'll get with them. Once they get on a roll they will pound that ass with the options and run game. I was there working in the press box when they embarrassed Houston 70-14 in the Armed Forces Bowl. Jeff Monken is a great coach and nice guy(met him and spoke with him at the post-game presser). Makes me sad that West Point is still independent and not in the American Conference because they would do well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, GJ Winne said:

Probably shouldn't have put him back into the game 4x vs TXST.  Doing it got them the win, but could have cost them in the long run.

Kinda shitty of Traylor playing really fast and loose with Harris health last week, finally caught up with the road birds. Wish it would have caught up to them sooner like maybe 4th quarter of last weeks game but I'll take it.

14 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

I don't understand why people are surprised that Army beat UTSA. Army is dangerous, you never know what you'll get with them. Once they get on a roll they will pound that ass with the options and run game. I was there working in the press box when they embarrassed Houston 70-14 in the Armed Forces Bowl. Jeff Monken is a great coach and nice guy(met him and spoke with him at the post-game presser). Makes me sad that West Point is still independent and not in the American Conference because they would do well. 

West Point is THE best place to watch a college football game in the US, hands down.  No better place to be on a Saturday in the fall. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Mid to late October at Michie Stadium is spectacular.

I disagree that Army should be in the AAC.  They should play in the Patriot League, and still do schedule some of those schools each season.  They don't have the OL and DL to consistently be competitive in a bigboy conference.  They'll fight their guts out and scheme you to death, but they are at a pretty significant disadvantage against regular schools.

Just now, slorch said:

Mid to late October at Michie Stadium is spectacular.

I disagree that Army should be in the AAC.  They should play in the Patriot League, and still do schedule some of those schools each season.  They don't have the OL and DL to consistently be competitive in a bigboy conference.  They'll fight their guts out and scheme you to death, but they are at a pretty significant disadvantage against regular schools.

I always felt like the Patriot League teams should play each other and then teams located where the major military bases for each school are located. San Antonio is Military City USA and having both Air Force and Army being a frequent visitor would be a good tradition and could also be events used for the benefit of the service members stationed there.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

West Point is THE best place to watch a college football game in the US, hands down.  No better place to be on a Saturday in the fall. 

Agreed. A friend and old roommate of mine grew up a couple towns away from West Point told me it's beautiful in the fall. The only other place that might be better is Annapolis 😉 GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

After watching Navy at Memphis last night and then tonight with Army vs UTSA, the service academy’s are “scrappy” to say the least!

Hook’em!!!

Maybe. Memphis and UTSA aren't any good. 

(Memphis might be okay, actually)

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, slorch said:

Navy has done okay in the American for awhile.

I don’t have any beef with traylor but if Frank Harris doesn’t play then they look pretty shitty. There was a lot of dogging sark around here when he was having to use Casey Thompson to win games. The narrative was a “good coach will win games even with limited players” lol. Surly is a magical place. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

I don't understand why people are surprised that Army beat UTSA. Army is dangerous, you never know what you'll get with them. Once they get on a roll they will pound that ass with the options and run game.

Because Army is not good on defense this year.   Army already lost to Louisiana Monroe.  Watch aggy score close to 50 on ULM today.

Traylor's defense was just terrible last night.  

Screenshot_20230916-093159_kindlephoto-2413873.thumb.png.e48119201f91adc64c25e8000078abc8.png

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Navy has done okay in the American for awhile.

I am aware. How bout lately?

and my cynicism isn’t a shot at Navy, but rather the shape and size of their linemen.  We oldsters remember Air Force being competitive in the WAC too. 

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Last time I was at West Point - 1950 - I got stung by a bunch of hornets 14 times all over the back ofmy neck and head.

• Hook 'Em 1

Does losing to Army mean that surly is done meatriding Traylor now?  There were many posts last season and summer about "I hope we bring in Traylor when Sark inevitably fails" "doing more with less" "just biding his time for Texas to call him up" etc (all paraphrased).  Well he just lost to a service academy by 8, at home.  That sure as hell ain't our standard.

36 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Does losing to Army mean that surly is done meatriding Traylor now?  There were many posts last season and summer about "I hope we bring in Traylor when Sark inevitably fails" "doing more with less" "just biding his time for Texas to call him up" etc (all paraphrased).  Well he just lost to a service academy by 8, at home.  That sure as hell ain't our standard.

Still think once Aggy figures out a way to fire Jimbo for cause they are gonna load up the money cannon and shoot their shot at Traylor, and very selfishly as a Texas State fan hope that happens so UTSA has to go though some pain of making a bad coaching hire for once...

54 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Traylor has done a good job at UTSA, where good coach or not, it's difficult to stack talent. Watching that game, his team played hard through the whistle. That doesn't mean he's ready for big time HC positions yet though. It will be interesting to see if any major programs hire him from there or wait until he's done well at a P5 program first.