Oklahoma @ Cincinnati - 11am Fox Big Noon GOTW

Constant

Feel like OU is about to bust this open. 

It felt like that since Q1 and just kind of never happened. Cincinnati just wasn’t good enough to make anything of it.

In general my impression is that Texas is a better team and will be favored for a reason but OU’s defense will be able to punish them if they come out dropping passes, missing blocking assignments, etc. OU is significantly better than last year on defense.

OU’s offense has some issues. Obviously I didn’t expect them to be the world beater analytics suggest but they’re worse than I thought. Kind of flipped my perception of where Texas’s real advantage is.

10 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I'm concerned about our offense vs. their defense. I'm also concerned about our pass defense, which really hasn't been tested yet. Yes, our talent level bla bla bla, but our offense has under-performed for 3 games straight. That's not an anomaly any more; it's getting habitual.

You know what?

I'm a goddamn fucking idiot.

Watching OU defense yesterday I'm convinced the team is actually designed to defend us.

Not unlike Coach Muschamps 2008 defense was designed to stop OUs offense. 

OU offense remains dog shit and they'll need trick plays and busted coverage,  along with their usual dose of heavy holding to put up points. 

But I'm not too convinced our offense doesn't have a difficult time.  

Hope we are watching film closely as humanly possible. 

Edited by BurgleBro
We

Dusty Screwdriver actually called Cincy a tough road test during the Baylor broadcast. They’ll roll Iowa State next week and sneak into the top 10, and talk shit nonstop for a week. And then Texas will beat their doors off. 

Venables should write Sankey a thank you card every week for canceling the Georgia game. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

10 hours ago, BurgleBro said:

Watching OU defense yesterday I'm convinced the team is actually designed to defend us.

Not unlike Coach Muschamps 2008 defense was designed to stop OUs offense. 

OU offense remains dog shit and they'll need trick plays and busted coverage,  along with their usual dose of heavy holding to put up points. 

But I'm not too convinced our offense doesn't have a difficult time.  

Hope we are watching film closely as humanly possible. 

I'd like to see Texas run a lot of empty sets to start the game. Get the ball out quick and make them have to think. I get the feeling they're going to bring heat early and often and live with the results. They know that our depth is going to wear them down if they don't create chaos early.