Cowboys vs. Patriots: Return of the Zeke

gofuckyourself

With Dak the red zone stuff is kinda expected. It’s all about accuracy and that was his biggest knock coming into his draft. You can improve it but that’s about it.

Also, every time Bill Belichick fields a team he just makes a stronger and stronger case for Brady being the GOAT. We all know he will be HOF but Bill makes Brady look better and better every season without him.

WhooHoo! Pick 6!

• Hook 'Em 1

With Dak the red zone stuff is kinda expected. It’s all about accuracy and that was his biggest knock coming into his draft. You can improve it but that’s about it.
Also, every time Bill Belichick fields a team he just makes a stronger and stronger case for Brady being the GOAT. We all know he will be HOF but Bill makes Brady look better and better every season without him.
WhooHoo! Pick 6!

Nah it’s the playcalling the execution. Clear as day. Not saying Dak hasn’t had is struggles too. But Dak has had years where he’s absolutely money inside the 20. Was automatic ealier in his career

It’s the situational football. The calls. The execution. He’s hitting players in the hands in the end zone. They’re dropping them.

What’s that? 4-5 end zone drops this year? How’s the red zone numbers looks with those catches alone?

I know everyone hates Dak but fuck the red zone is much deeper than “heh it’s the dumb QB” Jesus.
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Jones looks like he's trying to get benched.

He’s an asshole. Also he does dirty shit to other players. Like several times. He’s got an attitude and at his peak he wouldn’t be 1/10th Brady. 
recurring theme today: Mac probably not the guy. Justin Fields ain’t the guy. Ridder ain’t the guy. Pickett probably out for season but probably not the guy. Jordan Love looks like he ain’t the guy. It’s a good thing the 2024 draft is LOADED with kickass QBs. If I am the Falcons though I’m trying to make trade with Cardinals for Murray or something. They have a lot of speed and weapons. 

Dallas doing what they are supposed to do. Kick ass. 

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Nah it’s the playcalling she execution. Clear as day. Dak has had years where he’s absolutely money inside the 20. Was automatic ealier in his career

It’s the situational football. The calls. The execution. He’s hitting players in the hands in the end zone. They’re dropping them.

What’s that? 4-5 end zone drops this year? How’s the red zone numbers looks with those catches alone?

I know everyone hates Dak but fuck the red zone is much deeper than “heh it’s the dumb QB” Jesus.

I don’t hate Dak. I have always liked him. But he’s limited and we have seen his ceiling and he’s more a ball distributor than playmaker for the most part. Until he wins against tough defenses and top teams consistently and wins in the postseason (bc we always put it on the QB and the HC whether that’s fair or not) he’s a top 15 QB. His scouting report listed accuracy as his biggest issue. It’s improved. He’s got a lot of what you want in a QB. No reason to move off of him but we’ve seen his ceiling. And he was unfortunately a big reason Dallas did lose against Cardinals.

criticize does not equal hate or want traded or benched. He has a ceiling. He has had some come from behind games but no where near what the top 5-7 QBs are doing. I say this because I like you @Drewbut I think Dak is not above criticism. 

Edited by Nicole44

16 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I don't like this. There I said it.

Now prove me wrong, Aubrey.

EDIT: Lulz at Cowboys penalty.

ANOTHER EDIT: I swear, McCarthy really is a big, fat idiot. Sorry, @Patrick Bateman, I can't defend this turd.

Don't apologize to me.  I've never been a fan of his nor the hire, but he's here so may as well be wrong...... but, he had Rodgers, maybe the greatest QB of all-time in his peak, and only came away with 1 SB.  That an achievement, but probably pretty average considering.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I don’t hate Dak. I have always liked him. But he’s limited and we have seen his ceiling and he’s more a ball distributor than playmaker for the most part. Until he wins against tough defenses and top teams consistently and wins in the postseason (bc we always put it on the QB and the HC whether that’s fair or not) he’s a top 15 QB. His scouting report listed accuracy as his biggest issue. It’s improved. He’s got a lot of what you want in a QB. No reason to move off of him but we’ve seen his ceiling. And he was unfortunately a big reason Dallas did lose against Cardinals.

criticize does not equal hate or want traded or benched. He has a ceiling. He has had some come from behind games but no where near what the top 5-7 QBs are doing. I say this because I like you @Drewbut I think Dak is not above criticism. 

Today's a weird day to criticize Dak, however. He threw an outstanding pass to his tight end that should've gone for 6 but Schoonmaker dropped it. He also had one RZ pass batted down at the LoS. Overall, he's 19-of-22 for 196 yards and a score. In other words, Dak is NOT the reason the offense only produced 14 points in the first half.

Again, just very odd timing to post nonsense like this (see below), unless you've bought into the futureman idiocy.

26 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

maybe the greatest QB of all-time in his peak

Pfffft I'm not letting that slide. C'mon bro. There's more to QB than passing efficiency and points scored. 

He's definitely in a different league than Dak.

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Don't apologize to me.  I've never been a fan of his nor the hire, but he's here so may as well be wrong...... but, he had Rodgers, maybe the greatest QB of all-time in his peak, and only came away with 1 SB.  That an achievement, but probably pretty average considering.

You've done a good job keeping us grounded when the McCarthy criticism (McCarthyism?) gets out of hand. But his end-of-half time management and decision-making are just the worst. Absolutely mystifying trying to figure out his logic sometimes.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This is extremely enjoyable.  Mac Jones is easily one of the most hate inducing players in the league.  Watching him go tits up likes this is extremely..... satisfying.  Let's see who's nut sack he goes after.

I’d pay him to yank Belichick’s dong. That would be epic. Scorched earth epic.

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

That deadly ass red zone offense 

Shhhh…it pisses people off…lol. Do it when it matters in the post season or for standings in the postseason. RedZone is a tight window so it’s not just playcalling it’s also execution. Plenty of good QBs can do all the throws and get down about the 10 yd line or less and can’t punch it in. Like I’ve said, do it when it matters. Against top defenses and when it’s about the post season. Also seems like Kellen Moore and Herbert are working out. That’s good bc the HC seems challenged in a special way.