Kansas St at Oklahoma St, 6:30 on ESPN

shadow_operative2.0

7 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Who is the third best team in the Big 12?

Honestly, I think ou, KU, WVU, and TCU are all in the same tier.  I think they all end up with 3 or 4 losses and a mediocre bowl.

I've seen nothing from ou to show me that they're better than those others.  They just like to run it up against bad teams, which takes pressure off of their shitty defense.

Edited by TexArcher
I thought K St was in this tier, too, and maybe they still are if they grind out this win.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Honestly, I think ou, KU, WVU, and TCU are all in the same tier.  I think they all end up with 3 or 4 losses and a mediocre bowl.

I've seen nothing from ou to show me that they're better than those others.  They just like to run it up against bad teams, which takes pressure off of their shitty defense.

I don't see any way OU loses 3 or 4 games. Look at their schedule. It's really bad. 

Just now, LonghornSean said:

You go for two because if you make it this time, now you are down 6 and can take the lead with a PAT. They missed but can still tie by converting the next two point conversion.

The odds of kicking twice and winning in OT are better than the odds of making both conversions.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, LonghornSean said:

You go for two because if you make it this time, now you are down 6 and can take the lead with a PAT. They missed but can still tie by converting the next two point conversion.

Yeah, thanks. I graduated college.

The issue is that now if you don't get the next 2 pt conversion you straight up lose the ballgame. 

It was really dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LonghornSean said:

I would normally agree with this unless you have been behind the entire game while looking like shit. Getting to a more manageable 1 score differential seemed like a better idea. JMO.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah, thanks. I graduated college.

The issue is that now if you don't get the next 2 pt conversion you straight up lose the ballgame. 

It was really dumb. 

The odds of converting a two point conversion are roughly 50%, so over two attempts, odds say you’ll make it once, to at least tie, which you’d also do by kicking both times.

You’re gambling to make the first attempt and get the advantage to take the lead in regulation. They didn’t so now they’re at the disadvantage but over both attempts that’s what analytics say is the correct play. I know most people don’t like it.

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't see any way OU loses 3 or 4 games. Look at their schedule. It's really bad. 

Well, they should lose tomorrow, and they could easily lose at KU.

Then if they drop any one of Okie St, WVU, BYU, or TCU, that would be 3.  And 4 wouldn't shock me.

This is predicated on my belief that their defense still sucks ass, and better teams than the shitpiles they've played to date will expose them.  We'll see, obviously.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

You’re gambling

Exactly. You're gambling. Why roll the dice when you don't have to? 

Think about it plainly. In a scenario where K St comes back down 2 scores shouldn't they have the momentum going into OT? 

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Exactly. You're gambling. Why roll the dice when you don't have to? 

Because if you lose THIS gamble you still have a chance to make up for it, and based on the odds you are likely to convert once out of the two attempts. Go for two after only the second TD and you may not have time to make up for it.

I get that most coaches play for the tie and don’t bother with it because it puts themselves in the crosshairs if the first attempt doesn’t succeed. John Harbaugh, among others, uses this strategy.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Because if you lose THIS gamble you still have a chance to make up for it,

Dude what in the fuck are you talking about. You literally have a 100% chance to get to OT if you kick the PAT assuming you don't fuck that up.

I don't understand what happened to lining up and beating the team across from you. This 300 IQ Mensa bullshit backfires just as often as it wins games. 

Edited by ztejas