Seven Win Steve Rides Again!

closetojumping

Sark has no game awareness imo!!! And neither does the team. 

All this “we here to have fun” is BS. We having fun getting bust In the mouth while the other team, is giving it to us. I get it you don’t want to get to emotional but damn you have to have some!!! Every other team is fired up and we’re just glad to be playing. I hate seeing that shit.
we didnt play like that with Bama and look what happen. But now we’re “is business” That’s bull shit man 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

Bama win was solid, but they’re not the same Bama team from the 2010s. Wyoming, Baylor, and Kansas win came agains backup QBs. Like I said, we’ll see. But Sark hasn’t separated himself from TH in play calling and game management at all. I can’t complain about the recruiting though.

Bama is 7-1, and ranked top 5 when we beat them, at home, where they've only lost like 2 games in the last 50. It's a great win. 

The rig12 isn't a very good gauge of how good the team is because the officials are going to consistently fuck us. 

If we get a fair shake the rest of the season, we win out and beat OU and make the playoff. That's a big if because the league really hates us. 

I don't care about this year really, because it's about recruiting first and foremost. We are recruiting monsters on OL, RB, and the best QBs. We get portal guys that are our #1 WR. The defense is getting great top recruits too. Next year in the sec with normal officiating and against great competition we will really see where we are at. 

If we beat aggy by 20 in collie station and cost them $70M to pay Jimbo to go fishing I'll be happy. 

• Hook 'Em 4

52 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Yeah I’m sorry, you’re right. Damn we dominated that shitty team, oh wait we didn’t? But we should feel great about it because “win”. I’ll adjust my expectations for this team, so I don’t expect the same results as the last 15 years. Fuck that, it was an embarrassing game no matter how you choose to spin it.

I'm not even gonna bother to catch up with this conversation. Some of yall (this poster in particular) need to deal with reality.

I don't see anyone on this thread crowning sark and the 2023 Longhorns national champions. Some of us are just happy to see the Longhorns win games that we would have lost 90% of the time in the last 10 years.

Maybe when you sober up in the morning you'll feel the same way but you just need to be happy that we won a tough game against a team populated by players who hate us because we didn't give them an offer. 

Even our best teams in history have had tough games with inferior competition. How f****** boring would this sport be if we couldn't have fun watching games like today's?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LonghornBreeder said:

I'm not even gonna bother to catch up with this conversation. Some of yall (this poster in particular) need to deal with reality.

I don't see anyone on this thread crowning sark and the 2023 Longhorns national champions. Some of us are just happy to see the Longhorns win games that we would have lost 90% of the time in the last 10 years.

Maybe when you sober up in the morning you'll feel the same way but you just need to be happy that we won a tough game against a team populated by players who hate us because we didn't give them an offer. 

Even our best teams in history have had tough games with inferior competition. How f****** boring would this sport be if we couldn't have fun watching games like today's?

It’s cute that you’re happy with a win. The reality is that the talent differential between the two teams today is a massive moat, thanks to NIL and pretty solid recruiting. The staff is underperforming significantly vs other coaching staffs. Wake up. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This thread demonstrates for the umpteenth time that there are always three types of fans.

First are those that look at the current situation and are satisfied because the team is winning more than the recent past.

The third group sees it negatively no matter what is happening.

The second group looks for key signs of progress or regression to predict the future.

Too many people right now are in group one, blindly looking at 6-1 and saying all is well. All is not well. There are cracks in the foundation. 

I wouldn’t say cracks in the foundation, I do believe Sark and CDC are building this the right way.

i think everyone with eyes can see this isn’t the same team that went into Tuscaloosa. And that’s the frustrating part , cause we know what we can look like but we haven’t looked like that since week two. . Even against Baylor they were just really bad. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

This right here. Surely a lot of blame to go all the way around but we watch every good team not named Michigan struggle with some inferior opponent this year. Georgia. Bama with USF. Everyone. Sometimes you are going to have an off day. Today was that day. Do better.

Sark is who he is.  Not a great coach. We'll be doing the coach search thing again in a year or two or three. We'll probably fuck it up again, like we usually do.

It's hard to blame the pumpers though.  Holding out hope we're just a year away, happy to beat just about anybody.  It's a much more enjoyable experience than knowing since Jan 21 we've hired the wrong dude.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

You're right we shouldn't stop bitching until Sark is gone and we can hire Dana holgerson. He's clearly further down the path to recovery.

Your brand of fandom is just going to give you a heart attack or a stroke. Enjoy the short remainder of your life

image.gif.7dae1ece4e51045f1080b15e3c14b408.gifyou’re a nobody. Fuck off 

image.gif

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This thread demonstrates for the umpteenth time that there are always three types of fans.

First are those that look at the current situation and are satisfied because the team is winning more than the recent past.

The third group sees it negatively no matter what is happening.

The second group looks for key signs of progress or regression to predict the future.

Too many people right now are in group one, blindly looking at 6-1 and saying all is well. All is not well. There are cracks in the foundation. 

Some of us are pissed that you put the groups out of order.

WTF Man?

• Haha 2

We’re going bowling people. If the cracks in the foundation many of us see as being significant enough to suck in the whole house of cards Poltergeist style later on down the road we still have a bowl game ahead of us at least. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Nicole44
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Sark is who he is.  Not a great coach. We'll be doing the coach search thing again in a year or two or three. We'll probably fuck it up again, like we usually do.

It's hard to blame the pumpers though.  Holding out hope we're just a year away, happy to beat just about anybody.  It's a much more enjoyable experience than knowing since Jan 21 we've hired the wrong dude.  

I'm sorry this season has been such a disastrous failure for you. Maybe you and @Tex Pete can rent a log cabin without wifi together and scissor each other's vaginas to spare the rest of us of your shitty Texas-fan bitchassedness. I'll be here watching Sark keep winning. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, ztejas said:

I'm sorry this season has been such a disastrous failure for you. Maybe you and @Tex Pete can rent a log cabin without wifi together and scissor each other's vaginas to spare the rest of us of your shitty Texas-fan bitchassedness. I'll be here watching Sark keep winning. 

Not a disaster for me at all.  You seem awfully butthurt people are complaining about shitty play from our team on a thread devoted to how our coach under-achieves.  You are the sensitive little pussy, not me.  Maybe find another thread.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6-1 isn’t a failure right now. I don’t see us winning the next three in our schedule though. We put a pile of shit on the field today. We have some injuries (we don’t know how severe for Quinn and a few others.) we’ve been lucky in that three teams we faced we played backup QBs (Baylor, Wyoming and Kansas.) we came out of the bye week looking beatable to the rest of the rest of the teams on our schedule and the refs hate us. Sark is too stubborn to understand he isn’t elite enough as a HC to be both OC and HC. We have a bowl game ahead of us at least and Sark has his best 7 game record in his ten years of coaching. We have a ton of talent and pipeline for more. Our team doesn’t give up and we fight. We put the shit on the field we did today and the rest of the schedule doesn’t look like much fun at all. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

image.gif.7dae1ece4e51045f1080b15e3c14b408.gifyou’re a nobody. Fuck off 

image.gif

That's awefully trollish behavior for someone with so much rep on the alternative message board for a once great college football team. 

*note well, I actually love this board and I'm as happy with this year's team as I am with the size of my cock.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Not a disaster for me at all.  You seem awfully butthurt people are complaining about shitty play from our team on a thread devoted to how our coach under-achieves.  You are the sensitive little pussy, not me.  Maybe find another thread.  

How am I a sensitive little pussy? I'm attacking all of y'all's bullshit because I think it's a bunch of bullshit. I'm on the offensive because I love Texas and I'm sick of the shitty fucking response so many of you give to our first season worth a shit in 14 years. 

Why don't you quit being so sensitive about games where we don't win by your acceptable margin. Definitely seems like a disaster for you and your ilk for as much as you like to fucking bitch about it. 

Keep bitching, though. They'll just keep kicking ass and building a winning culture and you can keep bitching like a bitch. Bitch. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Nobody thought this hire was a home run. And I don't see anybody saying it's one now.

It's an improvement.

We are recruiting well and evaluating and developing well. We've shown enough flashes to make some smart folks swoon. Urban Meyer maybe a scumbag but he's not an idiot and he thought (before OU) we had the best team in the country. That's because of Sark. Full stop.

Every Texas fan is scratching their head trying to figure this team out; they go from all world to all suck at the drop of a hat.

That may be Sark, too. 

But saying we're fucked and Sark will be fired and the next guy will suck too is about the most pussy thing I've read on this board.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

You wouldn’t take Lincoln RILEY over Sarkisian?

are you fucking horrific at math or something?

IMG_3485.thumb.png.9e460f251f9b86b796920ff6c3c16bd3.png

IMG_3486.thumb.png.6be1d199ed5b1e23b1c405a50e849f4b.png

what the fuck man. Sark’s had exactly 1 season with less than 4 losses and that was because he got fired mid fucking season.

Riley has NEVER lost more than 3 games in 6 fucking seasons.

The answer is no. I would NOT take Riley over Sark my friend.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Nobody thought this hire was a home run. And I don't see anybody saying it's one now.

It's an improvement.

We are recruiting well and evaluating and developing well. We've shown enough flashes to make some smart folks swoon. Urban Meyer maybe a scumbag but he's not an idiot and he thought (before OU) we had the best team in the country. That's because of Sark. Full stop.

Every Texas fan is scratching their head trying to figure this team out; they go from all world to all suck at the drop of a hat.

That may be Sark, too. 

But saying we're fucked and Sark will be fired and the next guy will suck too is about the most pussy thing I've read on this board.

The problem with this team is that they are just not that good at some positions. Offense-Interior O-line. Defense-Edge and anything up the middle in pass coverage. Regardless if you are a previously sorry football team, if you have the ability to exploit those weaknesses you can give us a game. That is why I don't lose my shit. I see us for what we are personnel wise-close. Add in the fact that we play a scheme that requires solid execution and here we are. Take the win and go is what I say. It was a shit performance, but it was the same problems that we've had for awhile.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The problem with this team is that they are just not that good at some positions. Offense-Interior O-line. Defense-Edge and anything up the middle in pass coverage. Regardless if you are a previously sorry football team, if you have the ability to exploit those weaknesses you can give us a game. That is why I don't lose my shit. I see us for what we are personnel wise-close. Add in the fact that we play a scheme that requires solid execution and here we are. Take the win and go is what I say. It was a shit performance, but it was the same problems that we've had for awhile.

Name a scheme that doesn't require solid execution?  The coaches are responsible for execution.  You are basically saying PK has failed as a DC.  I agree.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Imagine being this mad at people who are pointing out mediocrity and wanting better from their alma mater and the program they financially support. Raise your standards. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Monahorns said:

Name a scheme that doesn't require solid execution?  The coaches are responsible for execution.  You are basically saying PK has failed as a DC.  I agree.

Some schemes are harder to execute in. For example, the more receivers you have the more one on one matchups you have. So when we trot out there in 12 personnel with agbo, there are less passing targets for Quinn. Sark also doesn't run a lot of out routes, comebacks, or hitches. Those are all easier throws for a QB. His offense hits receivers on the move. Very attractive for NFL caliber QB recruits, but harder to operate.

Just now, Tex Pete said:

Imagine being this mad at people who are pointing out mediocrity and wanting better from their alma mater and the program they financially support. Raise your standards. 

I'm not mad at anyone. I just think this fanbase fucking sucks. You especially. You seem like a sad, shitty excuse for a Texas fan. Regardless of what your degree or financial donations say. This program would probably be in a better spot if we had less losers like you hanging around. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Some schemes are harder to execute in. For example, the more receivers you have the more one on one matchups you have. So when we trot out there in 12 personnel with agbo, there are less passing targets for Quinn. Sark also doesn't run a lot of out routes, comebacks, or hitches. Those are all easier throws for a QB. His offense hits receivers on the move. Very attractive for NFL caliber QB recruits, but harder to operate.

Ok.  For example PK sucks.  In year 3 his secondary is garbage.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Monahorns said:

Ok.  For example PK sucks.  In year 3 his secondary is garbage.

PK hasn't done himself favors with his safeties and edge guys. Both of those personnel groups are JAGs. There are some things you can do with the edge guys to free them up and confuse the o-line. In the secondary, I firmly believe a lot of the reason for the cushions at corner is because we don't have the safety speed to help over top if a corner gets beat. Just my opinion but it is what it is. These coaches aren't perfect by any means.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm not mad at anyone. I just think this fanbase fucking sucks. You especially. You seem like a sad, shitty excuse for a Texas fan. Regardless of what your degree or financial donations say. This program would probably be in a better spot if we had less losers like you hanging around. 

That’s because you’re a 2% and clearly a better Ag Mustang Horn than those people with whom you disagree.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I’ve endured a lot as a Texas fan, I financially support the program, have literally traveled thousands of miles to watch the Horns. Expecting ROI is not being a shitty fan. I’ve earned the right to criticize and will do so as I see fit. I’m not asking your permission.  

People also got really angry in 2010 when I pointed out that Mack Brown was stealing from us after his loss to Iowa State en route to a 5 win season  

So far, we have very little to show for hiring a coach who had never won anything as a HC. As was expected. 

Edited by Tex Pete

Who would some of y’all rather have? You are acting like we don’t have an all star coaching staff (save maybe 2-3 spots we could upgrade?) look at OU today, look at UW tonight, USC, etc. Everyone was “mother fucking” Harbaugh for his Michigan disaster til all the sudden his culture and recruiting and coaches clicked. We won the fucking game, Jesus lord. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

Sark has no game awareness imo!!! And neither does the team. 

All this “we here to have fun” is BS. We having fun getting bust In the mouth while the other team, is giving it to us. I get it you don’t want to get to emotional but damn you have to have some!!! Every other team is fired up and we’re just glad to be playing. I hate seeing that shit.
we didnt play like that with Bama and look what happen. But now we’re “is business” That’s bull shit man 

Careful, I made a similar comment prior to the RSS about Sark telling players pregame on the field "have fun out there" was the wrong mentality and got blasted for it

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’ve earned the right to criticize and will do so as I see fit.

You haven't earned the right to do shit. You're a shitty fan little bitch-boy that doesn't buy-in to the team that you donate money to and supposedly support. You don't play. You don't coach. You don't recruit. You attend road games and spend money and think that that means that the football team should never lose a game.

You're part of the problem with Texas. You're entitled and think that money buys wins. It doesn't. Culture buys wins. Support buys wins. You're one of the quickest motherfuckers on this site to look for any reason to criticize this team and bitch about shit when it doesn't meet your expectations and that's extremely well documented. I tell you shit that you don't like hearing and as a result you neg all of my posts.

You're a shitty fan and you need to adjust your attitude. Do it or not - I don't give a fuck. We'll win without you with a coach that actually understands this shit.

Just maybe quit being such a negative fucking piece of shit. You're telling me you're a big fan yet you do nothing but bitch about Texas having a top 10 team that is still in the running to win everything for the first time in over a decade.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

35 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

PK hasn't done himself favors with his safeties and edge guys. Both of those personnel groups are JAGs. There are some things you can do with the edge guys to free them up and confuse the o-line. In the secondary, I firmly believe a lot of the reason for the cushions at corner is because we don't have the safety speed to help over top if a corner gets beat. Just my opinion but it is what it is. These coaches aren't perfect by any means.

What you are saying is that they haven't trained or recruited a great pass rusher in 3 years.  Fail.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Who would some of y’all rather have? You are acting like we don’t have an all star coaching staff (save maybe 2-3 spots we could upgrade?) look at OU today, look at UW tonight, USC, etc. Everyone was “mother fucking” Harbaugh for his Michigan disaster til all the sudden his culture and recruiting and coaches clicked. We won the fucking game, Jesus lord. 

OU beat UT.  Change the result of that game and my opinion is different because that is a bowl, playoff type of game.  That is what the game has stood for for 70 years.  Sark failed the test.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monahorns said:

OU beat UT.  Change the result of that game and my opinion is different because that is a bowl, playoff type of game.  That is what the game has stood for for 70 years.  Sark failed the test.  

And Mack beat stoops, stoops beat Mack, Herman beat Riley… shit we shut them out last year. What’s your point?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Monahorns said:

OU has proved to us twice during this current CFP format that the Dallas result can be overcame. A lot of you are letting your emotions get in the way of the bigger picture.

Sark didn't fail the go beat Bama's ass in Tuscaloosa test. He hasn't failed the win all of the other games on the schedule test yet. 

I mean God damn some of y'all get super fucking hot about a tight win against a bad team. Shit happens. I'll fucking bitch alongside the rest of you if we come out and do this same shit against BYU next week. But I don't think we're going to. I think BYU is going to get fucked up. 

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, ztejas said:

OU has proved to us twice during this current CFP format that the Dallas result can be overcame. A lot of you are letting your emotions get in the way of the bigger picture.

Sark didn't fail the go beat Bama's ass in Tuscaloosa test. He hasn't failed the win all of the other games on the schedule test yet. 

I mean God damn some of y'all get super fucking hot about a tight win against a bad team. Shit happens. I'll fucking bitch alongside the rest of you if we come out and do this same shit against BYU next week. But I don't think we're going to. I think BYU is going to get fucked up. 

Name me one time Texas has lost to OU and won the rest of their games and won the conference?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7
  • Rage+1 1