arkansas at Alabama - 11am on espn

Pancho

1 minute ago, ousux said:
11 minutes ago, BamaATL said:
You take that back, we just rope a dope and throw bombs.  

Tommy Rees is genius.  

If the Jimbobby experiment doesn't work out I think aggy should money whip Rees.

A 20 year $300 million contract ought do it.  

I notice stupid shit, but what is the deal with guys not wearing their mouthpieces this season? They just dangle off of their face masks. Every team does it and it’s mostly receivers. Seems like it might be distracting to catch an over the shoulder ball with a mouthpiece flopping around on your face.  

1 minute ago, Lat22 said:

I notice stupid shit, but what is the deal with guys not wearing their mouthpieces this season? They just dangle off of their face masks. Every team does it and it’s mostly receivers. Seems like it might be distracting to catch an over the shoulder ball with a mouthpiece flopping around on your face.  

I do wish they would enforce that, it's there to protect you, and virtually no one uses them.  

Just now, 4th&Five said:

Nah, I’m up for seeing Bama lose anytime. 

I get that, and for all the bluster, I really don't think it matters.  If Texas takes care of it's business the rest of the way, the strength of the win against us, one way or the other won't matter all that much.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Nah, I’m up for seeing Bama lose anytime. 

Same. We need to take care of our own business. Plus, it’s funny watching them lose their shit. Mostly, their fans bitch about the paint drying. The last two years they have been treated to what it’s like to potentially lose games. Ha ha ha! 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Lat22 said:

As are Texas fans. 

I don’t buy the “we need Bama to keep winning” argument. 

We don’t need anything from anyone. We need to fix our own issues and focus on the remaining games on our schedule. We need to work on our red zone offense. We need to be better against mobile QBs on defense. If we win out and win our probable rematch against OU, that will become our best win and catapult us in. (OSU/WVU sort each other out and play OU)

But until we fix our issues, worrying about a team we played 35 days ago is a waste of energy.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Same. We need to take care of our own business. Plus, it’s funny watching them lose their shit. Mostly, their fans bitch about the paint drying. The last two years they have been treated to what it’s like to potentially lose games. Ha ha ha! 

This is evidence of being spoiled, but this is the first season in a long time in which I have no idea what we are going to get week to week (one could say in retrospect last year was that way as well).  In an odd way, it's been refreshing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

I don’t buy the “we need Bama to keep winning” argument. 

We don’t need anything from anyone. We need to fix our own issues and focus on the remaining games on our schedule. We need to work on our red zone offense. We need to be better against mobile QBs on defense. If we win out and win our probable rematch against OU, that will become our best win and catapult us in. (OSU/WVU sort each other out and play OU)

But until we fix our issues, worrying about a team we played 35 days ago is a waste of 

Boggles how this is even an argument

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

This is evidence of being spoiled, but this is the first season in a long time in which I have no idea what we are going to get week to week (one could say in retrospect last year was that way as well).  In an odd way, it's been refreshing.  

We were at a resort over the summer in the Caribbean and I was talking to a big group of Bama grads in their late 20’s that were convinced this run would never end, even after Saban retired. I was just chuckling and telling them to enjoy it as long as possible. 

Just now, 4th&Five said:

We were at a resort over the summer in the Caribbean and I was talking to a big group of Bama grads in their late 20’s that were convinced this run would never end, even after Saban retired. I was just chuckling and telling them to enjoy it as long as possible. 

I was there during Dubose, I know.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’d rather the committee not have any reason to fuck Texas over, and an Alabama loss here is reason for them to say “well, Alabama isn’t what we thought they were so that win isn’t as strong now”

There are so many variables before then that it's not worth getting worried about it. All we needed from Bama was them beating Aggy

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

There are so many variables before then that's it's not worth getting worried about it. All we needed from Bama was them beating Aggy

I really don't think its possible for whatever we do to hurt you, but we might just marginally help you.  

10 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

It’s a luxury in a way. We have been wandering around in the desert for years. seeing an oasis only to find out we are drinking sand. Every time we think we’ve found water…just more fucking sand.