And For A Brief Moment Gordo Cooper Became The Greatest Pilot Anyone Had Ever Seen

TOR

15 hours ago, Rimbo said:

We think your impersonation is AOK. But what you're DOIN with it is BAD.

oh you're right! you're absolutely right!

I have no idea how accuracy of those scenes, but it was crazy that the future American heroes were waddling down hospitals corridors about to crap themselves only wearing a hospital gown.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How was the mini-series from 2020? I never saw it but the source material could make a great series.

It was pretty good. It covered a much narrower scope -- the Mercury program from start to first launch -- in more detail. It focused more on the astronauts' relationships/competitions with each other and less on the media side of things. More drama, less comedy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How was the mini-series from 2020? I never saw it but the source material could make a great series.

It was actually pretty good.  You can pick it up on Amazon Prime and AppleTV for streaming, for like $20, or Vudu $15 in "HDX" but not sure if it's in 4K.  In 4K it was awesome, especially the last episode (Shepard's launch was beautiful in 4K).  It really fleshed out Shepard and the others, but it ended with Shepard's flight, and never got into the Yeager stuff (which was being saved for the future).  Really would have liked to have seen seasons 2-3, as it seemed like they were headed for the rest of them launching, and then getting into Gemini. 

"Expansive" would be a good word to describe it as it really dug into the home life, the wives/kids, and the background characters.  The cast was solid, especially Cooper, Shepard, and Glenn.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...