UCF @ Oklahoma 11am on ABC

Constant

11 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

I think taunting is fun and should be allowed, excepting an injured player.

You can see how that might lead to some fights, which could turn into brawls. Entertaining no doubt, but potentially problematic for officials and the game. There are varying degrees of taunting. Slippery slope and all that.

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I wonder if the “we’re Texas, we don’t need to do that” type thinking plays a part in that?

Fucking Deloss.

We had that when we were the underdogs. 2013, 2015, 2018. We had that when we walked into Tuscaloosa. Where we suck is being the favorite in the game. 

This is definitely the same Gabriel and blOwU team that we played, I’ll say again…they didn’t play their best game against us lulz. I actually like most of the sooner posters on here but you guys are full of shit about what version of Oklahoma we got in that red river game. They won’t play that good again until we play them next year LOL. 

5 minutes ago, hornbri said:

It is just too early in the season to hope that we need to beat an undefeated OU to get in the playoff. There is a lot of games left to be played. 

Maybe if it is the week before the Big 12 championship AND we need them to beat OSU. Because Washington, FSU, and a big 10 team are still undefeated so we need the resume builder. Maybe then….maybe….I will passively root for OSU to lose. 

The whole discussion is ludicrous.

What will be, will be. For those of you trying to will it to be, here's some practice material ...

OU played their best game of the season in Dallas and prepared for that game for 364 days. Texas came into this season trying to win the B12 and make the CFP. OU came into this season trying to beat Texas. The goofy pic with BV wearing the Texas fears OU shirt should have clued everyone in that this is still an undisciplined OU team that has issues preparing and showing up week to week. And they still needed Texas to have an off day and turn the ball over 3 times to win by a score. Saying "why didn't Texas do x, y, z two weeks ago" completely ignores the context of that rivalry game. Good teams lose all the time - especially in rivalry games.

OU dicking around against UCF says a lot more about OU than it does Texas. Any objective observer who isn’t still upset about the RRS would tell you the same thing. I saw multiple national talking heads say that they still thought Texas was a better team after that game.

I'm confident that Texas comes out and kicks UH's ass today - just like I was fairly confident that OU was going to dick around and either lose or make a couple of games close against bad teams down the stretch. It's their douchebag HC's MO.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

This is definitely the same Gabriel and blOwU team that we played, I’ll say again…they didn’t play their best game against us lulz. I actually like most of the sooner posters on here but you guys are full of shit about what version of Oklahoma we got in that red river game. They won’t play that good again until we play them next year LOL. 

I’ll say again, anyone that uses lulz or lol at the end of sentences because they’re too afraid to be accountable, needs therapy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

UCF getting penetration with DL movement.

It was like we stayed as vanilla as possible on D last game and when we blitzed we brought players right into their extra blockers

Yep our blitzes are either schemed wrong or our players don’t understand timing.  Drives me crazy watching our blitzers just run right into the blockers. 

Setting aside all the psychology of rivalry games and underdog vs favorite...

OU did a great job vs Texas of scheming around their lack of a traditional running game (handoffs to the RB), but they're not gonna make it through a whole season beating teams with QB draws, sweeps, wildcats, etc.  

They'll almost certainly come back and win this home game vs the team that lost to Baylor(!) and hasn't won a Big 12 game.

But the shitty O-line pigeons always come home to roost, i.e. they're gonna drop a couple games this year, maybe one of those being Big 12 championship.