NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

9 hours ago, Message Board User said:

If I were a Pacer fan, not sure I’d be able to get any sleep tonight knowing they blew a chance to steal HCA.

I’m not a pacer fan and I’m still pissed.  Last night was when I realized I hated the Celtics 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m not a pacer fan and I’m still pissed.  Last night was when I realized I hated the Celtics 

Gotta have that one if you’re Indy. It at least gets Boston to game 5. They’re gonna be too rested for the finals if they finish Indy early. I think Indy is undefeated at home tho so…but it stings.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Remember how salty Michael Malone was after the Game 7 loss? One reason he was so mad is that you could hear the Wolves celebrating over his presser. Someone didn't think this through.

Tim Herman had a similar situation. He didn’t get salty 

What is it that people hate about celtics??
  • Team?
  • City?
  • Patriots?
  • Red Sox?
  • Bruins?
  • Accent?
Just curious...
Personally I hate Lakers, Yankees, aggys, blOU, and B12 much much more.  

History

Boston has probably 10 championships this millennium across all 4 sports

Luck of the Irish
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

History

Luck of the Irish

They have 10 not including the Celtics and Bruins...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

History

Luck of the Irish

This is the main issue. The Patriots upsetting the Rams to win their first Super Bowl with a rookie QB was cool. The Red Sox finally defeating the Yankees with an amazing comeback and then winning the World Series for the first time in forever was cool. Then the Boston teams kept winning, Bill Simmons became a douchebag, and the rest is history.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

What is it that people hate about celtics??

• Team?
  • City?
  • Patriots?
  • Red Sox?
  • Bruins?
  • Accent?

Just curious...

Personally I hate Lakers, Yankees, aggys, blOU, and B12 much much more.  

I've hated the Celtics going back to the 70s when the ABA/Spurs merged with the NBA. Red Auerbach continually talked shit about the ABA --  that coaches were bad, the players weren't good enough to play in the NBA, that Julius Erving was a nice kid but not a great player, and that the ball belonged on the end of a seal's nose. And then of course, post-merger the ABA players dominated. Then they backdoored their way into Larry Bird and continually fleeced dumb GMs in trades. 

• Like 1

I turned on Boston around 07 when they beat the Indians in the ALCS. Also the Fever Pitch movie made the Sox out to be some holy small market alternative to the Yankees when they spent just as much.

Also Paul Pierce and KG are two of the biggest dickheads ever

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cmontexas said:

I turned on Boston around 07 when they beat the Indians in the ALCS. Also the Fever Pitch movie made the Sox out to be some holy small market alternative to the Yankees when they spent just as much.

Also Paul Pierce and KG are two of the biggest dickheads ever

Yep never understood that shit. 
Indiana has to be crushed after losing that game. They had it

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

Any “hate” may have been towards Auerbach arrogance but even as a Knicks fan the Celtics had many players that were like able… Hondo, Cowens, White, Bird, DJ, etc… 

Danny Ainge erases all of those names.  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

if you aren’t sad that this is coming to an end then something is wrong with you:

I fucking love Sir Charles.

Kenny's got some thick skin but he needs it cuz he's too often wanting to contribute something profound that falls well short. Chuck and Shaq know what's up, though--it's all about the LULZ, fellas!

I'll miss the TNT crew if they don't find a home, but I don't really give two shits what happens to the Jet.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
context

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

I mean Chuck and Shaq are two of the most famous basketball players of all time and probably the publics 2 favorite analysts they will get another job

Agreed, but it won't work if they split them up cuz the magic happens when those two get together and start clowning (on players, fans, entire cities, countries, each other, etc.).

Ernie referees and helps keep them somewhat on topic. Not really sure what Kenny brings to the table.