NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

He’s one of the funnest players to watch even if it’s against your own team.

Wolves had the inside track to draft him whenever he came out, ‘11or something…but nick Gilbert was on his lottery heater and the cavs jumped the wolves

We ended up with Derrick “ caged lion” Williams who spent 6 years in the league on 5 different teams

Ah well, such is luck

yeah luck... that same draft had kawhi klay and jimmy

7 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Predictions? Think the Pacers pull it off for honors sake.

Pacers played a helluva gm3... might have been their best chance to get a win in this series since Haliburton is out tonight.  

I do expect a some type of altercation tonight.  Pacers players are tired of celtics green... 😁

Pacers played a helluva gm3... might have been their best chance to get a win in this series since Haliburton is out tonight.  
I do expect a some type of altercation tonight.  Pacers players are tired of celtics green...

Better than game 1 when they just had to in ball it?
  • Like 1

This Indy/celtics series has been boring for me.  Watching boston just settling for jacking up 3's all the time is like watching bad ymca basketball.

Mavs vs Wolves games have been so damn entertaining...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

I do expect a some type of altercation tonight.  Pacers players are tired of celtics green... 

We've got our altercation... Double technical fouls...  😋 

Edited by LTtxfan

This Indy/celtics series has been boring for me.  Watching boston just settling for jacking up 3's all the time is like watching bad ymca basketball.
Mavs vs Wolves games have been so damn entertaining...

I agree. Just too meh. Knicks would’ve made it electric but everyone got injured so same result

53 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Why does it feel like "Mavs have the most talented back court of all time" is the new "Ant =MJ"? Can we go one series without making over-the-top declarations?

Hey man, I bought a lot of stock in that Ant-Man=MJ talking point. I need Scott Foster to do his thing tonight. 

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Why does it feel like "Mavs have the most talented back court of all time" is the new "Ant =MJ"? Can we go one series without making over-the-top declarations?

Yep it's pretty ridiculous to have all of these "in the moment" takes seemingly every year. Not even going back a long ways, did Steph/Klay not exist? They also have the hardware to back it up with 3 rings in 4 years and then another a few years ago. 2 other Finals appearances. Those 2 guys ruined so many teams from winning in the West (SA, Houston, OKC) and stopped Lebron from building a dynasty in Cleveland. At their peak, I'd put them at the top.

Paul Pierce/Ray Allen was something serious for their time. They caused Lebron to get frustrated and start the Miami Heat era since he could never beat Boston with them there.

Let's wait and see what happens with this season before proclaiming these kinds of statements. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep it's pretty ridiculous to have all of these "in the moment" takes seemingly every year. Not even going back a long ways, did Steph/Klay not exist? They also have the hardware to back it up with 3 rings in 4 years and then another a few years ago. 2 other Finals appearances. Those 2 guys ruined so many teams from winning in the West (SA, Houston, OKC) and stopped Lebron from building a dynasty in Cleveland. At their peak, I'd put them at the top.

Paul Pierce/Ray Allen was something serious for their time. They caused Lebron to get frustrated and start the Miami Heat era since he could never beat Boston with them there.

Let's wait and see what happens with this season before proclaiming these kinds of statements. 

Does MJ/Pippen count? Lol, just crazy. Love the way Luka and Kyrie are playing but we have got to stop doing this. To his credit, Kyrie deflected any of that talk. What if they go on to lose to Boston in the finals? Will Tatum/Brown be crowned as the greatest fill-in-the-blank ever?

Edited by Pam Cummings

11 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Does MJ/Pippen count? Lol, just crazy. Love the way Luka and Kyrie are playing but we have got to stop doing this. To his credit, Kyrie deflected any of that talk. What if they go on to lose to Boston in the finals? Will Tatum/Brown be crowned as the greatest fill-in-the-blank ever?

Oh absolutely. I was just pointing out examples where I said "without even going back that far" to show how this recent bias can get absurd. Happens in all sports. Everyone wants to start labeling players and teams "best ever!!". Luka/Kyrie are amazing in their own right, no doubt. But no need to compare to other scoring duos. Let it play out and see what happens. Enjoy the ride. But I get with 24/7 reporting, need to fill air time and have these comparison discussions. Also don't forget the Kyrie/Lebron duo was pretty damn good. Kyrie hitting one of the biggest clutch shots in Finals history to beat GSW on the road game 7 during that era. Once KD arrived though, they had no real shot. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Oh absolutely. I was just pointing out examples where I said "without even going back that far" to show how this recent bias can get absurd. Happens in all sports. Everyone wants to start labeling players and teams "best ever!!". Luka/Kyrie are amazing in their own right, no doubt. But no need to compare to other scoring duos. Let it play out and see what happens. Enjoy the ride. But I get with 24/7 reporting, need to fill air time and have these comparison discussions. Also don't forget the Kyrie/Lebron duo was pretty damn good. Kyrie hitting one of the biggest clutch shots in Finals history to beat GSW on the road game 7 during that era. Once KD arrived though, they had no real shot. 

Oh for sure, I actually think Klay/Steph have a great argument and they are still in the league lol. It annoys me because I see writers and broadcasters as having the job of accurately describing and recording history. This over-the-top let's see who can have a hotter take stuff hurts that.

Edited by Pam Cummings

Better guard duos:

Steph/Klay obviously #1. 
Kobe and Derek Fisher? Probably yes
Parker/Ginobli? Depends on the season, but I would say yes at their peak.
Dumars/Thomas?  Yes.
Reggie Miller/Mark Jackson?  Maybe
Magic Johnson/Byron Scott?  Probably
MJ and John Paxon?  Maybe
MJ and maybe Ron Harper? Yes.
Rondo/Ray Allen? Probably not

It's hard to give 2 guys that are both known for playing below average defense a GOAT label. 

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

We can win tonight and the following four with Luka and Kyrie each averaging 50 ppg and I still won't give a single fuck where these dumbasses rank them historically. Who. Gives. A. Fuck.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yes, because to be the best you gotta beat the best.  Kyrie/Luka greatest backcourt of all time.  Now we just need Rickey Henderson to announce it.

Hope the Mavs win tonight and get four more wins after that. I may not like the things Flat Earth says off the court, but he has fit perfectly alongside Luka. Getting away from the glare of the New York media has been good for him. It seems he has mostly focused on basketball again. I think Dallas wins the finals in 6 games. They will have the best player and 3rd best player on the court as well as guys who just fit seamlessly around the two stars. I actually might amend that to the two best players on the court play for Dallas if Brown reverts back to his past failures on the biggest stage.