Houston Astros off-season thread

Wulaw Horn

Alex Bregman said he hasn’t received a contract extension offer from the Astros and doesn’t expect one before camp breaks tomorrow. He said if the Astros approach Scott Boras during the season, he’d be willing to listen.

9 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Baring an injury to someone, I'm guessing they'll bring him up after the magic service year date, whatever that turns out to be this year. 

They plan to play Joey at first base a lot for Sugar Land. I’m guessing Jon’s gone sometime in June. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

They plan to play Joey at first base a lot for Sugar Land. I’m guessing Jon’s gone sometime in June. 

Yeah.

as soon as I read “1st base” my thought was “great. We have to deal with .100 and a million K’s from singleton until June.”

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

Yeah.

as soon as I read “1st base” my thought was “great. We have to deal with .100 and a million K’s from singleton until June.”

Something terrible will have happened for him to play that much.  He is mostly to make sure the team plane weight is balanced for take off.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Something terrible will have happened for him to play that much.  He is mostly to make sure the team plane weight is balanced for take off.

Oh I agree, but don’t underestimate the perceived need to get Abreu rest because old

do we have anyone else on the roster that can play first besides those two? Who am I forgetting? Kessinger?

3 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Oh I agree, but don’t underestimate the perceived need to get Abreu rest because old

do we have anyone else on the roster that can play first besides those two? Who am I forgetting? Kessinger?

Does anyone else on the team own a glove?  
also- Vic the dick. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

Think he'll accept a five year deal?

I really think Ohtani will be the end of the 10 year deal.  I think 5-7 is going to be the norm again sooner than later.  The rest of the market suffered, Shohei got his because he is one of one.  And even the Dodgers will regret that deal in time.  Maybe sooner than later with the betting stuff.  Maybe guys like Acuna or Rutschman or the like get them to buy out arbitration years, I could see that.  But not the other guys.  Guess we'll see.  

5 hours ago, uoftorange said:

I'm still of the belief that Bregman will sign a lower offer hear over a Correa Minnesota style offer.  If Bregman is leaving it's to maybe 6-8 teams.  

correa’s free agency was a colossal goatfuck. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1