2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

He was traded by the Hornets to the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for Dan Dickau and a second round draft pick on December 3, 2004. On December 19, 2005, while he was still with the Dallas Mavericks, Armstrong was fined $1,000 for grabbing a microphone before a Mavericks game against the Minnesota Timberwolves at the American Airlines Center and yelling "How 'bout those Redskins!" Only a few hours prior, the Cowboys had been routed by the Redskins 35–7. Armstrong was raised in North Carolina as a Redskins fan.[14]

And he's STILL in Dallas after all these years.

Dallas can beat OKC in 6. All we need is Luka to be Luka again.

Kyrie has been an amazing pick up and addition to this team. I want to go back and read the first few pages of this thread and the last year thread to read all the bad/wrong takes, mine included.

• Like 1

Kyrie has been an amazing pick up and addition to this team. I want to go back and read the first few pages of this thread and the last year thread to read all the bad/wrong takes, mine included.

That AND they gotta be at least league average from 3.

I would agree if Luka wasn’t hobbled, and our best 3 pt shooter so far, and switchable big(maxi), wasn’t hurt and will probably miss games, or be limited at least.

Plus THJ is out and/or a net negative.

A fully healthy Mavs easily matches up well and would win in 6 or less imo.

This version will have trouble I think.

48 minutes ago, Drew said:

That AND they gotta be at least league average from 3.

I would agree if Luka wasn’t hobbled, and our best 3 pt shooter so far, and switchable big(maxi), wasn’t hurt and will probably miss games, or be limited at least.

Plus THJ is out and/or a net negative.

A fully healthy Mavs easily matches up well and would win in 6 or less imo.

This version will have trouble I think.

I think Gafford is going to be playable this series which means we should be able to get back to getting some lobs that the clippers took away with Zubac. Lively and Gafford being big contributors again would offset the loss of Maxi. 

You can hate Kyrie for his personal beliefs or whatever but his actual talent on the court, is top notch. He can ball with the best of them. It just took him and Luka to finally mesh and actually stay on the court together for it to come together.

3 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

That really sucks. He was playing very well.  We’re going to miss him. 

He gets to die a hero…

…versus living long enough to regress to the mean and be a villain when he invariably has a couple of bad games.

• Haha 1

OKC was the first game after the gafford and PJ trade where we dominated a team that had given us trouble due to their length for the past 3 years. I think we'll do well. Maxi being out is a huge huge loss and I don't know how to process it. I wonder if omax won't see a couple minutes here and there just for his length and fouls.

14 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

OKC was the first game after the gafford and PJ trade where we dominated a team that had given us trouble due to their length for the past 3 years. I think we'll do well. Maxi being out is a huge huge loss and I don't know how to process it. I wonder if omax won't see a couple minutes here and there just for his length and fouls.

Omax still dealing with an ankle sprain. Does Morris get a few minutes just rest PJ?

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

I can't decide if I'm happy or sad.  I guess it depends on which THJ shows up.  

this.  part of me is "noooooooooooooooooooo...." but with Maxi out(I know they don't replace each other)I guess good to have a guy who could potentially go off.

• Like 1

With Maxi gone you should be happy. If THJ isn’t shooting well, yank him and get DJJ or PW or JG in the game, and just go with a 7-man rotation. 

Maxi being out is a huge loss. Regardless l, Mavs in 6. 

Posted (edited)

Anyone ever find Luca's antics a little tough to swallow? I didn't see a trip. He's definitely taking time to get off the floor, has a hitch on his first step.

Gotta focus on these turnovers.

Edited by JohnnyRage
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yes, I find his constant complaints to the officials annoying, but half the league seems to be that way these days. I also think Kyrie is a legit nutjob. But they can ball and are Mavs, so whatev.

OKC fans have always closely resembled a college crowd. I don't know if they do it anymore, but they used to greet the team at the airport after road wins. I big part of it is that they moved in right around the time OSU basketball went to complete dogshit, so a lot of those rowdies I think are part of that crowd. They might have rubbed off on OU fans who have always treated Lloyd Noble like a mausoleum. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Anyone ever find Luca's antics a little tough to swallow? I didn't see a trip. He's definitely taking time to get off the floor, has a hitch on his first step.

The entire Dallas fanbase does

24 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

He’s still the MVP of the league.