2023-24 Houston Rockets Thread - Climbing out of the Gutter?

BigOrange1

9 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

@HtownHorn needs to do a mea culpa and eat crow for that prediction like he did with his Stroud will be a bust take. I’ sure he is every happy to be wrong on both counts. :)

I would love to add another scoring option to the bench. Brogdon would be my #1 choice. Get that guy and this team will easily surpass their O/U.

I wish our game tonight counted for the in-season tournament round robin instead of the game in 2 weeks.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I would love to add another scoring option to the bench. Brogdon would be my #1 choice. Get that guy and this team will easily surpass their O/U.

I wish our game tonight counted for the in-season tournament round robin instead of the game in 2 weeks.

What's the trade for Brogdon?  Tate, Oladipo and a future (not 2024) protected pick?  That doesn't seem like enough, but maybe there is a contract we can take off of their hands. 

The universe sure seems to be clowning on Harden pretty hard.

Goes full retard biting the hand that fed him for over a decade in China

Tyrese Maxey moves in to play PG for Harden and makes full superstar turn for the team with the NBA's best record

Meanwhile Harden is 0-4 with his desired team and is putting up the worst stats of his career since he was 6th man in OKC 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Since November hit the calendars

Rockets 6-0
Spurs 1-5

Yeah, but just imagine this team with Wemby instead of Thompson...  The Spurs have a lot of roster work to do this off-season, it will be interesting to see if they can snag any star free agents. They really need another point guard to help facilitate. 

29 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Yeah, but just imagine this team with Wemby instead of Thompson...  The Spurs have a lot of roster work to do this off-season, it will be interesting to see if they can snag any star free agents. They really need another point guard to help facilitate. 

Oh no doubt Wemby would have done better with Houston's talent around him but they just couldn't help but have the France narrative with the Spurs, Pop, & Parker.

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

spurs drafting since their glory days hasn’t lit up the world

Edited by tx 3 putt

3 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Wemby playing on a dogshit team through his rookie contract and leaving San Antonio would be poetic justice for Pop and Silver. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Amen Thompson due back before Thanksgiving, per unsubstantiated rumors.

My son asks me, daily, if Amen Thompson is playing tonight. Game or not, he asks. My son might be regarded, but I know what he's aiming for. The moment I say, "yes he's playing," the question will go from is he playing to, "Do we have tickets?" 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Cam Whitmore recalled from RGV. In his 3 games with the Vipers, Whitmore has averaged 24 points, 6.7 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 2 steals, 49 percent from the field, 48.4 percent from long-range, and 83 percent from the free throw line.

He should be getting all the minutes that they were giving to Holiday.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

This is why the NBA sucks so bad. Rockets young guys get fucked by the officials in back-to-back LA games. 53 fouls called against the Rockets to only 32 against the Clippers and Lakers, leading to a FT discrepancy of 59 to 30. Both leading directly to close losses when the Rockets outshot the old ass teams from the floor.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/20/2023 at 8:20 AM, HtownHorn said:

This is why the NBA sucks so bad. Rockets young guys get fucked by the officials in back-to-back LA games. 53 fouls called against the Rockets to only 32 against the Clippers and Lakers, leading to a FT discrepancy of 59 to 30. Both leading directly to close losses when the Rockets outshot the old ass teams from the floor.

It's inevitable on road games vs the marquee teams which is why I still think this team is likely headed to the 37-45 range on the season.

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

It's inevitable on road games vs the marquee teams which is why I still think this team is likely headed to the 37-45 range on the season.

It happened again last night. 5-point loss with a -14 FT discrepancy while the Rockets only had 3 more overall fouls.

However, this was an absolutely awful road trip for Jalen Green hasn't handled playing off-ball all that well. I hope he figures it out, but he has such low basketball IQ and skills.