2023-24 Houston Rockets Thread - Climbing out of the Gutter?

BigOrange1

1 hour ago, Slacks said:

That's because the bench is slow and can't seem to score. Amen Thompson would have helped, but getting destroyed by Javale McGee down low was eye opening and concerning. 

NBA is going to go back to having true C, so a true backup C will also be required. Landale is tall but his feet were cinder blocks. 

It was one game, so... 

It isn't just one game. There was a tweet about it earlier this week. The Rockets starting 5 is like Top 5 in the league in +/-. The bench is the worst or 2nd worst.

I was kinda shocked they cut the big they got in the OKC trade. He seemed to be a decent bench player for OKC. Keeping Jeff Green over him was a really bad decision, which isn't a shock considering the GM is a moron.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

66-45 Rockets up at the half against the Lakers. The improvements this team has made in over a week has been amazing. Ime is the truth. I have been saying it since we got him. He is the best coach this team could have gotten. Ime and Demeco are ushering a new era in Houston sports. It’s fucking exciting.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Jalen Green has been incredible and finished the 3rd qtr scoring the final 10 points for the Rockets on his own.

Should have been 13, but he bricked 3 FTs. It is a highly efficient game from Jalen otherwise.

If Jalen Green keeps it up, he might be able to overtake Giddey in the eyes of the idiotic takes from last season about him being better than Green.

Brooks and VanVleet struggled, but every Rocket scored. Surprised that Hinton and Whitmore got a DNP - CD.

Edited by HtownHorn

Man y'all want to overreact both ways LOL.

This team is who we thought they were which is young, talented, and poorly coached (by the previous regime). Ime will make some big strides in fixing the latter deficiency but they still have a ways to go.

I remain optimistic that they can get to .500 or really close this year. Don't expect to learn much with NO in town but the next two games (three if AD can come back) should tell us a lot more between facing the defending champs and then hopefully the healthy veteran laden LA squads on the road.

21 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Should have been 13, but he bricked 3 FTs. It is a highly efficient game from Jalen otherwise.

If Jalen Green keeps it up, he might be able to overtake Giddey in the eyes of the idiotic takes from last season about him being better than Green.

Brooks and VanVleet struggled, but every Rocket scored. Surprised that Hinton and Whitmore got a DNP - CD.

Wait. WTF on Giddey? People are waking around and mouth breathing air that think he’s better than Green?!

Sengun questionable for tonight's game, but shockingly so is Zion Williams (personal reasons). McCollum is already out and several other rotational Pelicans are out as well.

Rockets 1st in season tournament round robin game.

The Pelicans picked up Robinson-Earl and he started their last game, putting up an 11-9 game.

Edited by HtownHorn

Brooks and VanVleet worth every penny so far. Dillon shut-down both Ingram and Williamson in the last 2 minutes while Fred went on an individual 8-0 run to put the Rockets up one. Green needs to drive to the rim when the 3 ball isn't falling, and I am happy he made that 2nd FT to make it a 3-point lead. These moments are why they brought in the veterans so Green can get this type of winning time experience.

The officiating was brutal.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/11/2023 at 9:26 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

FVL knocking down deep threes is quite the development.

Man... I don't want any part of him taking a bunch of elbow 3s...  Corner sure.

Going to the game tonight vs. Denver. About to see how real these dudes are. I see the building blocks.