NFL Week 8

shadow_operative2.0

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Wow, jobbed

dude, if officials wouldnt overturn that Okie Lite vs Central Michigan game 5ish years ago when the clocks hit zero and the fucking refs misinterpreted the 4th down grounding rules when there is zero time on the fucking clock (WHICH WAS A PENALTY BY AN OFFENSE) adding a free zero time play for CM to play 1982 Cal, they arent gonna overturn anything like that play. By every definition that game was over, full time, and that play could literally have been wiped off the books because it literally never should have been allowed to happen, the refs didnt know the fucking rules....  nope, it still stands today as a loss for Okie Lite. 

besides, heres what the giants fucked up on those last plays. 

#1, they had 4th and 1 from the fucking Jets 17.  They decided to kick....  If they go for it there (with Barkley), they probably get it 70% of the time).  even if they dont, its Jets ball on the 17 (vs 25) with 25ish seconds left. 

#2 they missed the kick

#3, they then allowed the Jets to get a 29 yard completion on 1st down- WHILE HAVING BEEN OFFSIDE ON THE PLAY, meaning instant clock stop. 

#4 they then allowed another 17 yard pass.   which had enough time to clock it (spare me, the ref touched the ball it was live).

#5 THEY WON THE FUCKING OT COIN TOSS, lost 11 yards total and punted   - which meant at that point if the jets kicked the FG they would win... the defense knew that and failed to stop it 

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Doubt many of you watch Boomer & Gio in the mornings on CBSSN, but they’re an NY show more favorable to Jets than Giants. They were even amazed how awful that fuckery was. 

But it’s really fun to laugh at the Giants anyway. 

I watched them this morning. Loved Gio’s bit where he was saying if Daboll had managed to win that game with -9 passing yards we’d all be sitting here talking about what a genius he is. Coach of the Year! Instead on the sidelines he looks like a rumpled mess and Salah is over there handsome flexing his pecks. 

it’s incredible to me with as much money and history as the city has they have shit teams in most of the major four sports. 

• Like 1

Didn't Dallas lose a game like that? Dak ran for the first down, but the refs couldn't get the ball spotted fast enough?
I believe this was the playoff game against SF a few years ago. When Dallas was at home. For one, the ref was way behind the play and there was a delay in spotting it. Doubt they win either way since they were still about 25 to 30 yards out.

Let’s go Lions! Hoping for a better game than last night and at the very least some cool costumes in the stands. Opposite the World Series. Not a bad night for sports. 

Like Dan Campbell a lot. He’s the heart of that team. If any of you watch the GridIron Heights (Bleacher Report) on YouTube it’s fucking hilarious and below is a prime example:

IMG_7854.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44

Some of them are full time. The issues are not whether we have full time refs or semi full time to do 17 - 20 games a year. That won’t solve the problems as the same issues exist with either type.

The issue is the leagues use of an outdated overly complicated replay model. The AAFL used an onsite system with like 32 cameras with a replay official in the booth with the power to stop play on a questionable call anytime. It worked great and far better than the shitbrains in New York they use now.

The other thing that needs to happen is weekly publication of all crews grades, missed calls, botched shit, punishments and corrections. With the league embracing gambling this is essential for transparency. And maybe we can kill a few bad crews with it.

Last the league needs revert to intact top rated crews for postseason rather than new allstars crews. That’s just stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Old Man Willie with the INT, just like he did against the Vikings in the Super Bowl 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjKwZOFoG5M

Fuck, the NFL won’t allow me to place here a video of Old Man Willie. Fuck the NFL.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

1 minute ago, TOR said:

Peters had to poop, kind of up shitty for ESPN to put a cam on him.

Poop cam. I think they did the same thing to Lamar when he was having some stomach issues of a similar nature. They followed him out and when he came back I believe and said something about a bathroom break. 

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

McDaniels needs to stick to being an OC. Some people are just coordinators and for whatever reason think they’ve paid their dues and need to be HCs. This is his second try at it. Vegas needs a great coach. Too much riding on it. 

Neither Madden nor Flores are walking through that door anytime soon.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

We used to go to Detroit every January for the North American International Auto Show. It was great, back when auto shows were awesome. I’d go with my neighbors and we make a nice couple days of it, including a nice dinner with one of their relatives. It was always crazy to me driving to dinner and passing burned out buildings and vacant lots so close to downtown. 

We’d stay right across teh street from Cobo Hall at the Hotel Fort Pontchartrain. I will never forget one year it was -17 F, not minus-17 windchill, it was straight -17 F. It was the coldest I have ever experienced.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We used to go to Detroit every January for the North American International Auto Show. It was great, back when auto shows were awesome. I’d go with my neighbors and we make a nice couple days of it, including a nice dinner with one of their relatives. It was always crazy to me driving to dinner and passing burned out buildings and vacant lots so close to downtown. 
We’d stay right across teh street from Cobo Hall at the Hotel Fort Pontchartrain. I will never forget one year it was -17 F, not minus-17 windchill, it was straight -17 F. It was the coldest I have ever experienced.

Was that temp in 1985 during that famous brutal cold snap? Temps were like that in Chicago too and I remember freezing my ass off in our apt since the city lost power. I digress.