Texas vs k-state - 11am on Fox

Pancho

The defense was pretty f'ing awesome. That's a huge positive of the KSU game. Honestly. 
This may be one of the best D-lines we've ever had tbh. (Cue up the olds to tell me I'm crazy) We may have had more consistent edge rushers in the past but it's been a long time since we've had two stout big boys playing side by side clogging up the middle. Sweat definitely made himself some extra money coming back this year, I hope B Murphy follows suit...but he will definitely get a good draft grade as well.

25 minutes ago, Lou Loomis said:

I will say that staring up at only six teams ranked higher than us feels so much better than staring up at possible bowl eligibility. This team has come a long way. It has also caught some lucky breaks while executing better at some key positions that in years past. That all  should bode well if we learn to execute better and better as the weeks go by. 

Lots to clean up, but still lots to be optimistic about at this point in the season.

Go watch the last 3rd (2nd?) down by KSU. That was a weird RPO/jump pass play.

If Sweat doesn’t make a superhuman effort and swat away the ball, it’s an easy TD. There were 2 receivers in the right corner with 1 defender.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2

Go watch the last 3rd (2nd?) down by KSU. That was a weird RPO/jump pass play.

If Sweat doesn’t make a superhuman effort and away the ball, it’s an easy TD. There were 2 receivers in the right corner with 1 defender.

Sinnott was wide open on either 2nd or 3rd. Sometimes you get lucky; sometimes you don’t.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, mdmost said:
The defense was pretty f'ing awesome. That's a huge positive of the KSU game. Honestly. 

This may be one of the best D-lines we've ever had tbh. (Cue up the olds to tell me I'm crazy) We may have had more consistent edge rushers in the past but it's been a long time since we've had two stout big boys playing side by side clogging up the middle.

Ever had and in a long time are not synonymous. You seem to have gotten them confused. This is the best d line we’ve had in a long time. It doesn’t even get into top 10 of all time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sweat is playing at a level as good or higher than both Hampton and Rogers.

Rogers I will give you, but not Hampton.  Hampton was also a beast from day one and didn't take a few years to get there like Sweat did.

Edited by kevwun

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Rogers I will give you, but not Hampton.  Hampton was also a beast from day one and didn't take a few years to get there like Sweat did.

And Steve "Bam Bam" McMichael rules them all, but let's not bicker and argue over who's better than whom.  The tradition of dominating defense is a long one at Texas, from Scott Appleton and Tommy Nobis, to McMichael, Brad Shearer, Bill Acker, Kenneth Sims, Tony Degrate, et al.  Let's just be glad that they were all Longhorns, and that we seem to be rediscovering the tradition of smothering defense.  🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m not saying the secondary isn’t porous but if you were able to pressure the quarterback and actually have a hold called even once in a while, things might look very different.  Correct me if I’m wrong but there hasn’t been more than 1 or maybe even no holding calls going back several games.  Thats fucking crazy.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

48 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

And Steve "Bam Bam" McMichael rules them all, but let's not bicker and argue over who's better than whom.  The tradition of dominating defense is a long one at Texas, from Scott Appleton and Tommy Nobis, to McMichael, Brad Shearer, Bill Acker, Kenneth Sims, Tony Degrate, et al.  Let's just be glad that they were all Longhorns, and that we seem to be rediscovering the tradition of smothering defense.  🤘

user name checks out.

• Haha 1

Why do people go out of their way to make excuses for him not scrambling?  He’s not Jared Lorenzen.  He can run and is a decent athlete.  
What have we seen makes us think he's a runner this year? He still has a nagging ankle injury it seems, that keeps creeping up throughout the season...rumor has it.

Ps I'm glad he's not the Hefty Lefty.

Sweat is playing at a level as good or higher than both Hampton and Rogers.

Sweat is the greatest player of all-time, including Tom Brady, Jerry Rice, and Bronco Nagursky. He just might be the greatest athlete who ever competed including Jim Thorpe and Muhammed Ali. His list of accomplishments could not be limited to one book. He’s broken about all records ever recorded. TCU is seriously debating quintriple-teaming him and taking their chances with everyone else.
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2023 at 8:51 AM, gmr548 said:

FIFY. Klein seemed to largely forget the forward pass is legal in the first half. Collin Klein was a top 5 Texas defender.

This is a very stupid post by you. Klein did call passes early, but our pass rush was getting home. He then changed how they attacked by the 2nd quarter and spread us out more and abandoned the run. He went from having a a fine game plan early that usually works for KSU to quickly pivoting before half time to a new attack that was best for his team. He was nowhere near being a help to the Texas defense on Saturday. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WeDoinItLive said:

Here yah go...

Texas vs. Kansas State Recap, Maalik Murphy’s Continued Success & TCU Preview | 3rd & Longhorn Ep. 3

Alex Okafor, Jeremy Hills, and Nick Shuley are joined by former Univeristy of Texas football player Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey, to recap Texas’ nail-biter of a victory against Kansas State, before previewing the upcoming game against TCU. They also give their thoughts on the strength of Sarkisian’s scripting, Maalik Murphy’s continued success, why Texas struggles to close games, when Quinn Ewers will return, and the Michigan sign-stealing controversy. 3rd & Longhorn is a weekly in depth Texas Longhorn Football show providing analysis and commentary from Lifetime Longhorn Football Players: Rod Babers, Jeremy Hills, Derrick Johnson, Alex Okafor and Clark Field Collective Founder Nick Shuley. 3rd & Longhorn takes you deep inside the world of Texas Football with a unique perspective from some of the best to ever put on the pads at the 40 acres.

• Hook 'Em 1