UCLA @ SC- battle for the Victory Bell

Sbbruin

5 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

So  I guess Chip Kelly will get another year if they win?

Chip is staying. I'm an alumnus and about as disconnected from the inner sanctum as you can be, but I don't think he's going anywhere. There are insiders that think he should go, but it's apparently not happening. 

Chip is staying. I'm an alumnus and about as disconnected from the inner sanctum as you can be, but I don't think he's going anywhere. There are insiders that think he should go, but it's apparently not happening. 
Not a good year for HC shopping tbh. Probably for the best.

7 minutes ago, Woodrow Call said:

Be pretty funny if aggy 'poached' him and UCLA hired Jimbo, tho.

I mean if UCLA can play everyone dominantly like this, then aren't they bound to attract better recruits? Their NIL in that market should be damn strong draw.  UCLA has a chance to become a contender team if they find the right mix of alums/athletic department professionals who can realize that vision.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean if UCLA can play everyone dominantly like this, then aren't they bound to attract better recruits? Their NIL in that market should be damn strong draw.  UCLA has a chance to become a contender team if they find the right mix of alums/athletic department professionals who can realize that vision.  

It seems like Texas, Oregon, and Washington recruits in the LA area better top talent than UCLA and USC.

I would be ok with UCLA becoming the dominant LA school.

It is like LA doesn't understand what they can have in investing emotion and money in their local college team. There is a real opportunity to sell LA on the pageantry of college football. I mean they wouldn't have the Rose Bowl parade without college football. That fucking town doesn't understand the gold that they have. I say that as someone who attended a game at the Rose Bowl for a game against Stanford and being shocked at how few attended. It was a fun experience and I loved how old school it was. I was genuinely charmed.  If I lived in LA , it would be on my bucket list to go to a game there and enjoy a Saturday of college football.. 

11 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Enjoy it Bruin.  I don't know if you're drinking these days, but, if not, I'll crack one for you. 

Crack it for me.  Drinking very little these days unfortunately.

defense came to play today.  If Caleb wasn’t so good at escaping it would have been a complete blowout.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1