Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

Just now, Horny04 said:

What sucks for Arya is that she killed the Night King but nobody was there to witness it except Bran, and he ain't saying shit.

"Oh sure, you flew through the air and stabbed him, did you?" emoji849.png

When the WW dude's hair flittered in the wind right before Arya flew in, that was pretty awesome.

Loved the episode. The scene with the Dothraki swords slowly being extinguished was really creepy and well done.

When did Arya first meet Melisandre?
Did Tormund die? What about Grey Worm?

I need to watch it again ASAP. I was really worried the wights were going to kill Drogon. What happened to John's dragon? I thought that was his skidding on the snow and I figured it died.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950U mediante Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

All of this.

But I bet this is how it’ll go...

Jon or Dany not killing the Night King and instead Arya doing it won’t make sense to some. They’ll feel that the whole Prince who was promised crap meant nothing.

Some will feel it was too much feministic BS having Arya do it(not me BTW).

I’m sure some will say anticlimactic that they went out in one episode.

I enjoyed today’s episode. But it feels like the entire zombie storyline could have been cut from the entire series at this point. It added close to nothing from a storyline standpoint, but it did make for some cool battle scenes.

9 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

The defense strategy of Winterfell was retarded (they seemed unprepared, and also had probably 80% of their most important fighters on the front line. much of what happened throughout the episode was telegraphed, and if the NK doesn't take a fucking eternity walking up to Bran all ceremoniously then he wins. End of story. It's a movie trope as old as time- bad guy could have won if he simply didn't inexplicably take his sweet time once victory was within his literal grasp. Also, he's surrounded by a literal army and yet Arya is able to come flying out of nowhere to kill him, totally unabated. It was also poorly lit and featured a bunch of fighting where you really couldn't make out what was happening. Also i could not make any sense of the two dragons, what, i guess, getting lost or something in the beginning? they couldn't turn around or fly higher? I mean I could keep going but everyone here would just lose their shit, insult me, cuss me out, neg bomb me, and then complain about how my combative personality ruins threads.

i watched it with a friend. both of us were nonplussed by most of it due to so many plot holes and the immensely stupid tactics employed by the living. lyanna mormont was awesome, arya killing the NK was a pretty cool scene even if it was 1000000% telegraphed, and i'm excited that we can now return our focus to Kong's Landing. Other than that? Meh. This would rank last out of all of the big battle episodes for me. Too cheesy/predictable/derivative/hollywoodish to compare to previous battles. 

I feel sorry for you. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Horny04 said:

What sucks for Arya is that she killed the Night King but nobody was there to witness it except Bran, and he ain't saying shit.

Like making a hole in one on a 349 yard par 4 while playing by yourself

• Like 1

I enjoyed today’s episode. But it feels like the entire zombie storyline could have been cut from the entire series at this point. It added close to nothing from a storyline standpoint, but it did make for some cool battle scenes.

Disagree. Jon isn’t the lord commander and king of the north otherwise(he doesn’t get killed protecting Wildings and so on).

They needed a bit bad to downsize Danys army otherwise her taking Cersei would have been way too easy and would have happened in episode last season.

For strategy, you really needed to use the Wildlings and Dothraki to strafe and scout before. Use one or two of the dragons.

Also, cant go toe to toe with the Undead on open field because you cant afford to have your own force turn against you. Thought that was known.

Also, needed more barriers to slow the Undead and save your forces.

While there were some thrilling sequences, how it got resolved wasnt all that interesting. Arya going all Ninja was, just OK. What the fuck was Bran doing? Like Derka said, the NK going all slow was typical.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Horny04 said:

lol - all the undead stopping though is a lot of proof. Greatest assassin in Westeros. Now that she’s defeated death, someone else surely must be the one to kill Cersei. Jamie is most poetic. The King Slayer

• Like 1

The defense strategy of Winterfell was retarded (they seemed unprepared, and also had probably 80% of their most important fighters on the front line), much of what happened throughout the episode was telegraphed, and if the NK doesn't take a fucking eternity walking up to Bran all ceremoniously then he wins. End of story. It's a movie trope as old as time- bad guy could have won if he simply didn't inexplicably take his sweet time once victory was within his literal grasp. Also, he's surrounded by a literal army and yet Arya is able to come flying out of nowhere to kill him, totally unabated. It was also poorly lit and featured a bunch of fighting where you really couldn't make out what was happening. Also i could not make any sense of the two dragons, what, i guess, getting lost or something in the beginning? they couldn't turn around or fly higher? I mean I could keep going but everyone here would just lose their shit, insult me, cuss me out, neg bomb me, and then complain about how my combative personality ruins threads.
i watched it with a friend. both of us were nonplussed by most of it due to so many plot holes and the immensely stupid tactics employed by the living. lyanna mormont was awesome, arya killing the NK was a pretty cool scene even if it was 1000000% telegraphed, and i'm excited that we can now return our focus to Kong's Landing. Other than that? Meh. This would rank last out of all of the big battle episodes for me. Too cheesy/predictable/derivative/hollywoodish to compare to previous battles. 

Pretty sure Arya didn’t fly past anyone I think she wore the face of a white walker......the one that turned his head at the very end. Makes sense how she got through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

The defense strategy of Winterfell was retarded (they seemed unprepared, and also had probably 80% of their most important fighters on the front line), much of what happened throughout the episode was telegraphed, and if the NK doesn't take a fucking eternity walking up to Bran all ceremoniously then he wins. End of story. It's a movie trope as old as time- bad guy could have won if he simply didn't inexplicably take his sweet time once victory was within his literal grasp. Also, he's surrounded by a literal army and yet Arya is able to come flying out of nowhere to kill him, totally unabated. It was also poorly lit and featured a bunch of fighting where you really couldn't make out what was happening. Also i could not make any sense of the two dragons, what, i guess, getting lost or something in the beginning? they couldn't turn around or fly higher? I mean I could keep going but everyone here would just lose their shit, insult me, cuss me out, neg bomb me, and then complain about how my combative personality ruins threads.

Poor Derka - nothing can satisfy him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Excellent point - the very one that tried to kill Bran back in Season 1.

Also the one she killed LF with evidently...

"You told our mother this knife belonged to Tyrion Lannister. But that was another one of your lies...it was yours."
Arya Stark to Petyr Baelish about the dagger, shortly before executing him with it.

Just now, tokamak said:

Wait so Drogon took a spear from the NK, and had about a billion wights climb on and stab the shit out of him, but seems to be OK? I'm real confused about which dragon was which.

Spear missed from what I could tell.  Still had a billion wights climb on though.

• Like 2

Red Witch dishing out temporary assists. Runner up MVP to Arya.

My arms are sore from watching everyone wielding swords/ax/spears. Damn!

Still can’t tell which dragon is which. Weren’t the eggs colored...should have had each dragon a distinct color.

I yelled out “where the fuck did Arya go?!” ten seconds before she appeared with the buzzer beater!

Her stealth training was put to use for those who thought it was BS no white walkers saw her coming. Kinda would have been cool if she had “faceless man” turned into a white walker to sneak close...but her kill was still bad ass.

I totally didn’t think the white walkers plot would be finished this episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah if you're bitching about strategy or how did Arya get the knife or how Jon or any of the others survived or really anything at all about the episode, you pretty much suck at life.
That was a badass episode.

Well, someone asked. Enjoyed the show, but I couldnt see what was happening 1/3 of the time. Also, every additional moment with a dude grunting and slaying dozens of zombies is boring to some people believe it or not. Game of Thrones thrives on wit and surprise. Waiting for Arya or Jon to save the day only because NK was strutting is not classic television.
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread