Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

All I know is Dany is starting to realize that she doesn't inspire the same type of loyalty/devotion that the Starks do.  The look on her face when she realized that Theon was there for Sansa/The Starks, and when Sansa actually let down her cold disposition to actually have a heart felt moment and hug with Theon has been extremely overlooked.

1 hour ago, smuggs said:

LabCorp of Dragonstone is working to streamline that complicated procedure involving fire, leeches and coitus with a very hot witch.

In the midst of every absurd and silly theory this thread and ASIAF dorks throughout the Internet can conjure, it seems there's very little discussion about Melissandra's exit and promise to return. She was headed to Volantis and said she'd die on Westeros.

Maybe her storyline is finished, but there's a decent shot that she returns with a boatload of priests and priestesses with fire powers and the ability to restore life. We've already seen the storyline for her type extend beyond her and Thoros when the new priestess appeared in Mereen to help out Dany's cause. This scenario seems plenty plausible compared to "The Night King rides to King's Landing!!"; "Dany turns Mad Queen on everyone"; "Dany becomes the Night Queen!"; "Bran is the Night King!"; "The Crypt of Winterfell will rise up to destroy the women and children hiding below!"; and bullshit like "Cersei will win!" or "The White Walkers will win as all of humanity is destroyed!"

22 hours ago, Sejjr said:

I am thinking there is something very bad in the crypt, but I don't think it is dead Starks. Most of the bodies there would be dust now unless the Starks are into embalming their dead. What else could be in the crypt, or is there possibly a way into the crypt that none of the dumbasses at Winterfell knew about? 

I agree.  I don't believe it's a Stark or dead Starks that are the issue within the crypt.  Ned said that "a Stark must always be in Winterfell," or something like that.  It may be blood magic or a curse.  The story-line of the Night King moving South past the Wall and a war with the dead started to pick up steam after Theon attacked Winterfell, and Bran and Rickon were forced to flee.  The NK is after something in the Winterfell crypt.  So, what is he after, and is he left to chase the survivor's of the Battle of Winterfell to get it or does he get it and use it at King's Landing?

So I think Arya/Dany/Jon/Hound for sure survive Ep 3.  I think Theon is 100% a goner.  Not super confident in any other predictions but I think one of Brienne or Jaime dies and likely Beric (probably saving the Hound).

I am going to be really bummed when this show ends.

20 hours ago, Quasimofo said:

At the Battle of Hardhome, the little bastards were running and jumping like Olympians. They don't get tired or hungry or whatever. Why didn't they run all the way to Winterfell? Most times you see them, they look like they're getting off 12 hr shifts, dragging their shit behind them.

imgur

20 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Anyone uncomfortable with Arya's tittays is a fucking weirdo.  She's 22.  Game on.

Hey, we learned to lust after Hermione.

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In the midst of every absurd and silly theory this thread and ASIAF dorks throughout the Internet can conjure, it seems there's very little discussion about Melissandra's exit and promise to return. She was headed to Volantis and said she'd die on Westeros.

Maybe her storyline is finished, but there's a decent shot that she returns with a boatload of priests and priestesses with fire powers and the ability to restore life. We've already seen the storyline for her type extend beyond her and Thoros when the new priestess appeared in Mereen to help out Dany's cause. This scenario seems plenty plausible compared to "The Night King rides to King's Landing!!"; "Dany turns Mad Queen on everyone"; "Dany becomes the Night Queen!"; "Bran is the Night King!"; "The Crypt of Winterfell will rise up to destroy the women and children hiding below!"; and bullshit like "Cersei will win!" or "The White Walkers will win as all of humanity is destroyed!"

I've been agreeing with you in this thread about the ridiculousness of the theories you posted, but those aren't any more unbelievable than a boatload of haruken wielding red priests coming to the rescue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Would love for Melissandra and her beautiful tittays to make a triumphant return!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

I've been agreeing with you in this thread about the ridiculousness of the theories you posted, but those aren't any more unbelievable than a boatload of haruken wielding red priests coming to the rescue.

Well, hey, all I was doing is saying it seemed as plausible as any of the other bullshit. It's not something I'm expecting. 

• Like 1

They made a point of showing Sansa eating a meal with Theon and staring lovingly into his eyes. Does she love Theon or something? Maybe she’s had all the brutal butt Rape from Ramsey so she’s looking to love someone that can’t?

He helped save her and I get it, but still seems odd that she’s all of a sudden in love w Theon

3 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

They made a point of showing Sansa eating a meal with Theon and staring lovingly into his eyes. Does she love Theon or something? Maybe she’s had all the brutal butt Rape from Ramsey so she’s looking to love someone that can’t?

He helped save her and I get it, but still seems odd that she’s all of a sudden in love w Theon

she grew up with theon.  he’s something like a brother to her. 

I’ve read it here before but don’t remember the actual context on the show as I don’t follow as closely as most of you do—-what’s the deal with Bran and warging/worging too long at one time?   He can’t stay In the past or can’t control an animal or a Hodor too long at one time or what happens?   Which scenario?   Thanks, I’ll hang up and listen.  

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

If I were the Night King I would erect a circumvallation around Winterfell and lay siege to their asses for as long as necessary.  The fact that the Night King is not doing this makes me question him as a strategist.  

You saying he doesn't claim to have the "decided schematic advantage"?

7 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

If I were the Night King I would erect a circumvallation around Winterfell and lay siege to their asses for as long as necessary.  The fact that the Night King is not doing this makes me question him as a strategist.  

The Night King is aware that he only has 4 more episodes to wrap this up.

• Like 1

Just now, Angry Gorilla said:

The Night King knows nothing, he doesn't even have catapults.

If he and his men can obtain heavy ass chains and drag a damn dragon out of a lake they should be capable of digging a trench and building a wooden rampart.  

30 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

If he and his men can obtain heavy ass chains and drag a damn dragon out of a lake they should be capable of digging a trench and building a wooden rampart.  

If they can't swim, who the hell dove down and attached the chains to the dragon? 

1 hour ago, RamjetFDO said:

It is known.

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

Like others, when they decided to have Theon protect Bran, I thought, "What the hell??!"

They didn't decide, he volunteered.  And I'm sure it's his death sentence.

1 hour ago, PilotsError said:

It doesn't really matter who protects Bran.  Might as well have the kids do it.  Walkers gonna tear through everything.

Also This.

16 minutes ago, lateshow said:

If they can't swim, who the hell dove down and attached the chains to the dragon? 

You don't have to swim to sink to the bottom and attach a chain.

17 minutes ago, lateshow said:

Give them the chains, let them sink to the bottom where the dragon is, let them stay there. No swimming required. 

If any army were built for siege warfare, you’d think it was an army of the dead.  Especially in a long winter like they’ve been saying all series. 

Bran can’t die, unless the night king wins. He is the memory of the world now.  His protector can, sure, but there’d have to be some creativity as to how Theon dies but bran lives. He doesn’t seem to be very active in his wheelchair. 

I guess he can’t get into the mind of a walker to kill the king, either. 

I also am not sure I should expect an ending that involves an unquestioned monarch of Westeros, and if there is one it may not be one of the lannisters, starks, or borratheons. Someone like the red witch coming in after the devastation to take over. 

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Give them the chains, let them sink to the bottom where the dragon is, let them stay there. No swimming required. 

If any army were built for siege warfare, you’d think it was an army of the dead.  Especially in a long winter like they’ve been saying all series. 

Yeah, there's no way Dany's forces would be able to hold out for long given their numbers and obvious lack of preparation while the Night King can last indefinitely.  He could also easily divide his forces an dispense with Team Cersei while he's besieging Winterfell.  Really embarrassing that he doesn't see this.

ultimately I think cersei will have the greatest redemption tale of all of them.  she will do her own reverse heel turn and commit to fighting for the living.  she will be one of the few to survive and assume the throne reluctantly out of a sense of duty to her people—all people— and as a benevolent ruler she will usher the seven kingdoms into an era of prosperity for all. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

She's going to show up with the Dawn/Lightbringer sword.

45 minutes ago, futureman said:

ultimately I think cersei will have the greatest redemption tale of all of them.  she will do her own reverse heel turn and commit to fighting for the living.  she will be one of the few to survive and assume the throne reluctantly out of a sense of duty to her people—all people— and as a benevolent ruler she will usher the seven kingdoms into an era of prosperity for all. 

me to futureman talkin bout cersei being a hero

giphy.gif

she needs to die my good sir

• Like 6

I think what the show is trying to tell us is that all people have good in them.  all people have a chance to turn things around and do the right thing.  cersei will surely show us that she, too, can find love and compassion underneath her hardened facade.  look at jamie, look at theon.  those two were as evil and despised as anyone in the show at early points in the narrative and now they have won our hearts through their estimable acts.  even the night king is gentle and nurturing with craster’s little baby bastards.  there’s a heart somewhere deep inside that cold dead exterior.  maybe we get to see it before it’s all said and done.  I’m holding out hope for a happy ending to all this mess. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

On the face of it, Sansa turned Reek back into Theon, and Theon killed Ramsay's side piece and then risked his own life to try to help her escape - to the point of surrendering to the Bolton pursuers, knowing he would be taken back to face Ramsay's punishments.

But going deeper this episode completed the transformation of Sansa from victim to ice cold player taking charge of her own destiny, and Theon's from wimpy boasting brat to Reek to a man who has overcome his fears. I think that is the undercurrent of emotion being shown here.

I'll admit that the first time I saw them all lovey I was like wtf? But thinking about it more it makes sense. I still don't like Theon though.

Or Jaime. 

3 hours ago, HouTex said:

Not sure how deep the water is, but they have some giants.

Three feet high and rising.

3 hours ago, Fozzz said:

You know, we haven't seen any strategy from the NK other than your run-of-the-mill army of the dead just run and kill everything full frontal attacks. Hardhome and Fist of the First Men were surprise attacks, so there's that, but Winterfell isn't. He may not be a gifted military mind after all. And the other white walkers may or may not have any initiative, like a bunch of cold wispy Grouchy's to the NK's Napoleon.

Edited by Disco Missile

4 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

You know, we haven't seen any strategy from the NK other than your run-of-the-mill army of the dead just run and kill everything full frontal attacks. Hardhome and Fist of the First Men were surprise attacks, so there's that, but Winterfell isn't. He may not be a gifted military mind after all. And the other white walkers may or may not have any initiative, like a bunch of cold wispy Grouchy's to the NK's Napoleon.

I think the NK is using the Viet Cong strategy of numbers.  The Gooks just kept coming with numbers, and weren't about to give up.  

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread