Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

4 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Why would the Night King be heading to King's Landing?  It was clearly stated that he is after the Three Eyed Raven, who is at Winterfell.  He wants to kill the TER thus destroying the memory of mankind.  So why would he head to King's Landing before completing his mission?

Bran is the backup server for mankind's history but they still have tons of books and shit that would also need to be destroyed, along with most of the developed civilizations.  He can't just stop with Bran.

The TER also told Bran he would never walk again but he would fly. So he wargs into one of the dragons soon.

I would imagine that the NK gets defeated on Wjnterfell but we’ve also been shown the KL throne room burnt and covered in snow so the WW have to make it to KL also, right?

14 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Bran is the backup server for mankind's history but they still have tons of books and shit that would also need to be destroyed, along with most of the developed civilizations.  He can't just stop with Bran.

No he can't just stop with Bran but Bran makes it pretty clear that the Night King's main mission is Bran.

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

Thats a good question.  IIRC, a white walker turned a baby in one of the first episodes of GoT, right?  

Theoretically, any White Walker can raise the dead. Remember last season on the trip north of the wall, they killed a White Walker and all the wights around them collapsed, except for the one they ended up taking as proof. That was when they figured out that the Night King created everyone and was the top of the pyramid, so if he dies, all the wights and walkers should die too.

2 hours ago, Ichabod said:

So only the NK has easter juice power? If so, that kind of takes away the theory that the NK is making his way to King's Landing

I believe it was confirmed that other WW are able to raise the dead. In the season 7 episode where they kidnap the wight, Jon kills a WW and most of the wights they are fighting immediately die.

4 minutes ago, txhorns said:

No he can't just stop with Bran but Bran makes it pretty clear that the Night King's main mission is Bran.

I think the main mission is destroying mankind permanently.  Killing the TER is just the biggest bullet point.  I'm mainly latching on to this theory because I think something has to happen to the army Cersei has built in the south.  Just from an entertainment standpoint.  The NK destroying Winterfell and marching south where Cersei would have no chance to win doesn't make for entertainment.  Neither does Jon/Dany winning and then marching south with a completely depleted army to face Cersei.  I think the most logical would be multiple depleted armies battling it out in the end.

I also think we’ll see some of the green explosive goo again. Perhaps to take out the NK.

I wondered about that too, and then remembered that wildfire was created by the Targaryen’s. Considering two will be present at this battle, along with Tyrion, who successfully used it in Blackwater Bay, I think it’s a safe bet we will see it used to wipe out a shitload of white walkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, elguapo said:

I believe it was confirmed that other WW are able to raise the dead. In the season 7 episode where they kidnap the wight, Jon kills a WW and most of the wights they are fighting immediately die.

So the Night King is definitely Thriving. He’s probably achieved Diamond status and certainly made it to the new product unveiling in Cabo San Lucas last month.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, smuggs said:

So the Night King is definitely Thriving. He’s probably achieved Diamond status and certainly made it to the new product unveiling in Cabo San Lucas last month.

texting his old friends from high school talkin bout "how would you like to own your own business??"

1 hour ago, Sleepygrad said:

The TER also told Bran he would never walk again but he would fly. So he wargs into one of the dragons soon.

I would imagine that the NK gets defeated on Wjnterfell but we’ve also been shown the KL throne room burnt and covered in snow so the WW have to make it to KL also, right?

Could have just been referring to worging into crows or a metaphor for becoming the 3ER. I assume he can’t worg into the undead dragon. The other two have riders and I don’t expect Jon or Dany to die in the battle. Unless one of them gets knocked off and the dragon needs a rider, I don’t think he worgs into a dragon. 

23 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

What is the bookfag reason for why only Targaryen's can ride dragons?  Is there really something special about hanging on, or are the dragon's eyeballing DNA and only letting blondes on their backs?

Dragons have only been known  to let people with Valyrian blood ride them, so Jon riding one doesn’t confirm he’s a targaryean but it’s a lot more likely Regar’s his dad than the whore Ned Stark allegedly banged was Valyrian, since there aren’t many Valyrians in Westeros.

21 hours ago, UncleCharlie said:

Jon already bent the knee.  He will not stand in Dany's way to the throne.  Seems like something he could have kept to himself until after the battle to see if it ever needed to come up.

I do think it will keep him from marrying her if they both make it out of Winterfell.

21 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I don't think there will be any struggle between Jon and Danny as far as power goes.  Jon ditched the King of the North title pretty quick and has stated multiple times to have zero ambition for that stuff.  They will set it up as one of them having to do something sacrificial to survive and Jon being Jon wants to sacrifice himself for Danny, but Danny refuses and sacrifices herself for Jon.  The writers are going to hit all the low hanging fruit.

He may not stand in the way of the throne, but I highly doubt this story ends with Dany sacrificing herself for Jon. 

I think it’s much more likely Dany goes all mad queen and wants to burn the entire North after the NK is defeated and Jon has to brood over his personal happiness or Ned’s sense of honor and loyalty.

19 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Why can't Bran warg the ice dragon and turn it against the NK's army?

Entirely possible. I can’t decide if I think this or Cersei’s scorpion is a more likely death for the ice dragon. 

13 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

So how does someone, who knows their death is imminent, avoid being zombified? 

You Burn yourself.

3 hours ago, Ichabod said:

I have a few questions about the crypt. It has been suggested that the dead in the crypt at Winterfell will be raised this next episode. Who does the raising? and how far away in proximity must the raiser be to raise the dead? Does the raiser have to touch them? Or once the raiser is in a 10 mile radius they can just raise all they dead around them?

Is the Night King the only person who can transform the dead? If so, must he be in close proximity to them? Or can one of his horse riding minions transform the dead?

No one really knows, but we’ve seen the NK/WWs raise the dead, so it’s certainly possible. Especially with how much attention the show has been giving the crypt, including the season trailer.

2 hours ago, Haphap said:

holy shit

Yo, Tormund is a fucking mood unto himself. Who will be the first to print T-Shirts in old English text with “The Big Woman Is Still Here” lettering and a silhouette of Brienne in the background. Like, that could make a strong contender to “Thick Thighs Save Lives.” Just for the record, Tormund done went north of the (now defunct) wall, battled an unending herd of white walkers, was on the wall when the Bunsen burner flame hit it, saw a young boy laid out by the Zodiac killer, finally made it to Winterfell and his first fucking question was, where’s that sexy ass Power Forward at. Keep. That. Energy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, elguapo said:

Right, which should be their main plan of defense: target the WW and anyone that WW has turned will immediately die

1 minute ago, SuperSport said:

Considering the fact that the zombie they brought to King's Landing couldn't break out of a wooden box, would reanimating the dead in the crypt really pose a threat from within their [presumably] stone tombs?

Yea that’s my biggest hesitation with the crypt full of dead theories. 

I am thinking there is something very bad in the crypt, but I don't think it is dead Starks. Most of the bodies there would be dust now unless the Starks are into embalming their dead. What else could be in the crypt, or is there possibly a way into the crypt that none of the dumbasses at Winterfell knew about? 

• Like 1

I'm avoiding all the spoilers because I'm only up to season 5.

If y'all don't want previous season discussions in this thread speak up..

Bad:

Battle of Hard Home (sp?) = World War Z.

Tyrion somehow becomes an advisor to Daneryis (how the fuck do you spell her name?) with quips and clever turns of phrase? Please.

Mormont acting the bitch ass.

Entire scene of Bronn and the three Dorne chicks in the cell was horribad.

Good:

The little kid who's family was killed by the Wildlings and who shot Ingrid (or whatever her name was) with the bow is going to whack Jon Snow, isn't he?

Edit: How much of a pussy is Tommen to allow the religious fanatics to take his wife while his kingsguard (the baddest swordsmen in the realm) standing right there? Those guys should have slaughtered those acolytes, or whatever they are.

Also, I called it regarding Cersei and the religious nuts. That was easy to see coming.

Edited by High Plains Drifter

20 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

How much of a pussy is Tommen to allow the religious fanatics to take his wife while his kingsguard (the baddest swordsmen in the realm) standing right there? 

Anyone attempting to remove Margaery from my bed would be flayed like the ripest of tangerines.

Sweet Christ that girl is smoking hot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I'm avoiding all the spoilers because I'm only up to season 5.

If y'all don't want previous season discussions in this thread speak up..

Bad:

Battle of Hard Home (sp?) = World War Z.

Good:

The little kid who's family was killed by the Wildlings and who shot Ingrid (or whatever her name was) with the bow is going to whack Jon Snow, isn't he?

1. Dude just no.  Hardholme was excellent.

2. Close? But also not good

5 hours ago, tx ind said:

Greyworm making the rounds and the finest sista in all of Seven comes out. And ye, the locals still locking their car doors when she walks past. Greyworm been seeing this shit and is like, yo, check it. We gonna fight. We gonna beat these dead muthafuckas ass. Then we gon’ whup Cersei’s ass. After that, we out. I ain’t trying to do my retirement in Senator Mike Lee’s stomping grounds, yo (I’m sorry my progressive Utah folks, but you knew what this was). Missandei wants to go home to Naath, which must be like the Atlanta of the Thrones-verse.

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

Considering the fact that the zombie they brought to King's Landing couldn't break out of a wooden box, would reanimating the dead in the crypt really pose a threat from within their [presumably] stone tombs?

Nobody will remember that. For whatever reason, I could definitely see the old kings coming back to life and beginning to claw their way thru the stone, with little kids running around screaming. That would give one of the protected - maybe Sansa - a chance to be a hero.

11 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Nobody will remember that. For whatever reason, I could definitely see the old kings coming back to life and beginning to claw their way thru the stone, with little kids running around screaming. That would give one of the protected - maybe Sansa - a chance to be a hero.

The statues come to life so it solves the issue if there's a skeleton or not.

At the Battle of Hardhome, the little bastards were running and jumping like Olympians. They don't get tired or hungry or whatever. Why didn't they run all the way to Winterfell? Most times you see them, they look like they're getting off 12 hr shifts, dragging their shit behind them.

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread