Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

My bad - usually when I click threads it goes to the newest post I haven't seen, but this morning it went to 94's at the top of the page.  I had no clue what he was talking about, but saw the tweet later and figured that was it.  Thought I was giving context.  No good deed goes unpunished!

• Haha 1

Any of y'all on Spectrum have the same issue as I do, or is there something I'm not doing correctly to make this easier?  I can't figure out a way to DVR all F1 race stuff at once.  Before Spectrum took over for Time Warner, I could record the whole season of races at once - set to record + 1 hour for all races.  Same for qualy (but only +15).  Now, I have to individually set each and every session, then go back in and edit to add the extra time for every one of them.  It's a beating to do it 20+ times a season x 6 shows a race, and frustrating when I forget to set up before and miss something.  Is there a better way to do this?

More "Adrian Newey to Ferrari" smoke. Apparently he's already had one meeting with Elkann (Ferrari president) and has an other scheduled. If Fred Vasseur lands both Lewis and Newey? /ioweyouanapologyiwasntfamiliarwithyourgame.gif

https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2024/03/ferrari-newey-incontro-f1.html

Spoiler

A few days ago we talked about the exploratory maneuver of John Elkann , president of Ferrari . The boss of the historic Italian team is certainly not an expert in the highest category of motorsport. However, he can be called a master in the field of negotiations. Witness the hidden move through which he snatched Lewis Hamilton from Mercedes . The seven-time F1 world champion has decided to accept the great challenge and if you remember correctly, Newey himself has never denied how much he would like to deal with a champion like the next Ferrari driver.

The Red Bull RB20 continues to dominate the scene. It does so also thanks to the great talent of Max Verstappen , capable of merging with the mechanical vehicle to perfection. The Dutchman maximizes the Austrian car. A sort of "Terminator" because for years now he hasn't even made the mistakes he once did. However, things around him are not idyllic. The internal struggle between the two factions is creating great confusion within the team and as we know Christian Horner , in the grip of a clear delirium of omnipotence, seems convinced of one fact: A hypothetical "Thai Red Bull" , without Adrian with Alexander Albon in Max 's place , he would still be able to win.

Ferrari Newey
John Elkann, president of the historic Scuderia Ferrari – Saudi Arabian GP 2024
In all this Ferrari did not stand by and watch. The red top management is trying a coup: bringing the most popular designer to Maranello . Now or never, basically. At this time, compared to the three occasions mentioned by the English designer himself, the desire to fully satisfy the British designer's wishes exists. And we are not referring to the issue of emoluments, that has never been a problem. We are talking about 360° future planning where Adrian would also have free reign in other branches of the company. Precisely for this reason the negotiations with the Italian team exist. They are real.

The meeting in the paddock at the court of Olaf Mintzlaff , during the Arab weekend, where team principal Frederic Vasseur also briefly participated , was certainly not a courtesy visit. The excuse linked to the pact of concord does not hold up. Among the various issues discussed, no one claims that this topic was not mentioned. However, there is evidence of negotiations well underway regarding the acquisition of the technical cognitive skills that Red Bull inhabits . They are confirmed, because the mediation to convince Newey to abandon Milton Keynes is at an advanced stage .

And it doesn't end here. According to information gathered in the last few hours by our editorial team, the parties involved should have already scheduled another meeting, scheduled during the two-week break that separates the Japanese Grand Prix from that of China . A meeting that could prove decisive for the future of the partnership under discussion. Repeating Ferrari 's firm will to reach an agreement would be almost superfluous, considering the fervor and commitment with which the Prancing Horse is approaching this negotiation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dutch said:

More "Adrian Newey to Ferrari" smoke. Apparently he's already had one meeting with Elkann (Ferrari president) and has an other scheduled. If Fred Vasseur lands both Lewis and Newey? /ioweyouanapologyiwasntfamiliarwithyourgame.gif

Reveal hidden contents

A few days ago we talked about the exploratory maneuver of John Elkann , president of Ferrari . The boss of the historic Italian team is certainly not an expert in the highest category of motorsport. However, he can be called a master in the field of negotiations. Witness the hidden move through which he snatched Lewis Hamilton from Mercedes . The seven-time F1 world champion has decided to accept the great challenge and if you remember correctly, Newey himself has never denied how much he would like to deal with a champion like the next Ferrari driver.

The Red Bull RB20 continues to dominate the scene. It does so also thanks to the great talent of Max Verstappen , capable of merging with the mechanical vehicle to perfection. The Dutchman maximizes the Austrian car. A sort of "Terminator" because for years now he hasn't even made the mistakes he once did. However, things around him are not idyllic. The internal struggle between the two factions is creating great confusion within the team and as we know Christian Horner , in the grip of a clear delirium of omnipotence, seems convinced of one fact: A hypothetical "Thai Red Bull" , without Adrian with Alexander Albon in Max 's place , he would still be able to win.

Ferrari Newey
In all this Ferrari did not stand by and watch. The red top management is trying a coup: bringing the most popular designer to Maranello . Now or never, basically. At this time, compared to the three occasions mentioned by the English designer himself, the desire to fully satisfy the British designer's wishes exists. And we are not referring to the issue of emoluments, that has never been a problem. We are talking about 360° future planning where Adrian would also have free reign in other branches of the company. Precisely for this reason the negotiations with the Italian team exist. They are real.

The meeting in the paddock at the court of Olaf Mintzlaff , during the Arab weekend, where team principal Frederic Vasseur also briefly participated , was certainly not a courtesy visit. The excuse linked to the pact of concord does not hold up. Among the various issues discussed, no one claims that this topic was not mentioned. However, there is evidence of negotiations well underway regarding the acquisition of the technical cognitive skills that Red Bull inhabits . They are confirmed, because the mediation to convince Newey to abandon Milton Keynes is at an advanced stage .

And it doesn't end here. According to information gathered in the last few hours by our editorial team, the parties involved should have already scheduled another meeting, scheduled during the two-week break that separates the Japanese Grand Prix from that of China . A meeting that could prove decisive for the future of the partnership under discussion. Repeating Ferrari 's firm will to reach an agreement would be almost superfluous, considering the fervor and commitment with which the Prancing Horse is approaching this negotiation.

image.png.ed3d3ed555054bfa3f01069cd8dbbf96.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Easiest way to fix your issue in my experience it to call Spectrum, cancel, and sign up for YouTube TV. 

Exactly.

1. Tell YTTV to record all F1 events.  Practice, quali, race... it gets 'em all. Oh, and it won't cut off if they run long or start late.

2. Tell YTTV to record all "Formula 1 Grand Prix Sunday" events. It will.  Plenty of fluff, but Brudle's grid walk interviews are usually worth a watch.

3. Profit? 

The profit is enjoying a seamless viewing experience across streaming device (TV/Roku/FireStick), tablet, and phone.

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 2

I used to have that problem with Dish when the races aired late on Saturday on ESPN and then re-aired on ABC on Sunday.  It would also miss practices and qualifying all the time.  Since I switched to DirecTV streaming, it has recorded every session without issue.

I've tried almost everything over the last 2 years and in my experience DTV Streaming and YouTubeTV are the best for F1 coverage, and pretty much most sports coverage in general.  DTV Stream has LHN, and YouTubeTV does not, but that's about to become meaningless.

I dropped my Spectrum TV streaming package, which unbundled me and drove up the price of my Internet access.  Overall, putting YouTubeTV on top of the new higher-cost Spectrum internet, ends up being a bit more expensive than the previous Spectrum internet/Spectrum streaming TV bundle, but the increased quality and quantity of offerings on YouTubeTV is enough to make me feel like it's worth it.

For now, anyway.  I'm sure it will all change again in a few months or a year.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ferrari Newey

Yep and then there's the rumor of Aramco buying out Aston Martin and going after Max and Newey. There's a rumor out there right now for pretty much every scenario. They mostly read like the wish-lists of whomever starts them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dutch said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ferrari Newey

jizz in my pants GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Spoiled rotten. Back in my day, we sometimes had to wait until Monday before a Sky or Channel 4 torrent was uploaded. 

Sheeit. Back in my day there wasn't an internet. You had to go get a VHS from the store 6 months after the fact.

• Like 1

So Albon wrecked in FP1 and damaged all 4 corners of the car.  Williams doesn't have a spare chassis in Melbourne.  The car was not ready for FP2.  They are apparently trying to fix the damage, if they can't, it's gonna be interesting.

Edited by kevwun

22 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Nothing says it more clearly that you're the #2 driver than, "Have a seat, son."

"I'm one of the best drivers in the world. I have one of only 20 spots in Formula 1."

"Hey, we need this car. Alex's can't be fixed."

"What? What am I doing? I'm supposed to race this weekend. He's the one that crashed."

"I dunno. Go to the beach or something. Don't make this weird."

I know it's early, but who is the list of drivers that it's time they move on?

Sargeant
Bottas
Ricciardo
Magnussen
Stroll
Hulkenberg
Tsunoda?
Zhou?

Damn, that's 1/3 to nearly 1/2 the field by my estimation. Some new blood would not hurt.
Not sold on Tsunoda and Zhou just yet, but close. Zhou seems solid, but in his time so far, the only thing that stands out is the wreck at Silverstone. Tsunoda I just think is a bit of a headcase for F1. 

10 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Spoiled rotten. Back in my day, we sometimes had to wait until Monday before a Sky or Channel 4 torrent was uploaded. 

9 hours ago, deft said:

Damn skippy. Oh what it would have been like to see day old news about what good old team Vanwall had done in ye old Grand Prix.

Well at least there was no sports media coverage of F1 in the USA, to spoil it for you, until you finally managed to watch it.  Oh wait, there STILL isn't...

2 hours ago, G650 said:

Sheeit. Back in my day there wasn't an internet. You had to go get a VHS from the store 6 months after the fact.

They also occasionally had F1 on ABC's Wide World of Sports.  That's how I first started watching it in the early 80s. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I know it's early, but who is the list of drivers that it's time they move on?

Sargeant
Bottas
Ricciardo
Magnussen
Stroll
Hulkenberg
Tsunoda?
Zhou?

Damn, that's 1/3 to nearly 1/2 the field by my estimation. Some new blood would not hurt.
Not sold on Tsunoda and Zhou just yet, but close. Zhou seems solid, but in his time so far, the only thing that stands out is the wreck at Silverstone. Tsunoda I just think is a bit of a headcase for F1. 

I like Zhou. I believe he has talent and he seems pretty calm. Bottas can race obviously. The rest? Bring on some new blood. 

8 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I like Zhou. I believe he has talent and he seems pretty calm. Bottas can race obviously. The rest? Bring on some new blood. 

I can buy that. Given that he's in a bad car, the fact that he doesn't get much screen time is maybe a good thing -- it would just mean he was screwing up.

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Well at least there was no sports media coverage of F1 in the USA, to spoil it for you, until you finally managed to watch it.  Oh wait, there STILL isn't...

They also occasionally had F1 on ABC's Wide World of Sports.  That's how I first started watching it in the early 80s. 

Yup, me too

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

So Albon wrecked in FP1 and damaged all 4 corners of the car.  Williams doesn't have a spare chassis in Melbourne.  The car was not ready for FP2.  They are apparently trying to fix the damage, if they can't, it's gonna be interesting.

image.thumb.png.b0717a4b5909c517b12de59e542501ec.png

4 hours ago, G650 said:

Still better than watching live on NBC though!

• Haha 1

Re: Williams, the important bit of this imho is that they showed up to the 3rd race of the season without a spare chassis. How in the actual fuck does that happen in an F1 that's rejecting Andretti on the grounds that they aren't a serious enough entry?

1 hour ago, G650 said:

Yup, me too

Me three. Jim McKay was the face of F1, and the only race we got to see (portions of) was Monaco. I guess we're showing our age ...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, wood said:

Re: Williams, the important bit of this imho is that they showed up to the 3rd race of the season without a spare chassis. How in the actual fuck does that happen in an F1 that's rejecting Andretti on the grounds that they aren't a serious enough entry?

Me three. Jim McKay was the face of F1, and the only race we got to see (portions of) was Monaco. I guess we're showing our age ...

Blame Microsoft...lol

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/03/formula-1-chief-appalled-to-find-team-using-excel-to-manage-20000-car-parts/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1