Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

Posted (edited)

Oh, and in other news ... 

Remember Mario saying 'If they want blood, well, I’m ready'?  This is exactly the kind of thing I figured was coming next.

A bipartisan group of House reps taking an interest, calling out FOM for anti-trust / cartel-like behaviour.

https://www.nbcnews.com/sports/us-congress-members-demand-answers-andrettis-exclusion-formula-1-rcna150189

https://punchbowl.news/article/andretti-f1-nfl-drones/

Edited by wood

38 minutes ago, wood said:

If I had to guess at who's really the problem there, I'd have to say it's Marko. Apparently Newey has thanked Horner and said he is his friend, and Horner has done the same toward Newey ... but nobody's mentioning Marko.

imagine anyone, literally anyone, hitching their horse to an 80 year old who somehow looks even older than he is, has no real position within the org, has no real day to day responsibilities within the org and has had very very very little (if anything) to do with the technical success of your car

ladies and gentleman - the Verstappens!

it won't happen but i would pay good money for Marko to win the power struggle, die 3 months later (no loss to anyone), and have Horner leave to run an Andretti F1 team.

17 hours ago, NoName said:

imagine anyone, literally anyone, hitching their horse to an 80 year old who somehow looks even older than he is, has no real position within the org, has no real day to day responsibilities within the org and has had very very very little (if anything) to do with the technical success of your car

ladies and gentleman - the Verstappens!

it won't happen but i would pay good money for Marko to win the power struggle, die 3 months later (no loss to anyone), and have Horner leave to run an Andretti F1 team.

That or Newey goes to Ferrari, nails the 2026 regs and designs a rocketship for Charles and Lewis that enables them to both routinely routinely finish ahead of Max.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, faps said:

The RB Miami livery

image.thumb.png.b31ba0dd5fddef3ad58682520124a814.png

Good Lord. That is butt ass ugly. Way too many colors going on there. 

21 minutes ago, Dutch said:

That or Newey goes to Ferrari, nails the 2026 regs and designs a rocketship for Charles and Lewis that enables them to both routinely routinely finish ahead of Max.

Excited I Like It GIF by LA Clippers

Posted (edited)

Do those guys need a dominant car to win? I'd rather Newey retire, so we can maybe see them and others battling it out without a dominant car on the grid.

Or just, you know, sign with Andretti to help them get in and get going...

Andretti told NBC News he would be interested in hiring Newey.

"That's a simple question: 100% yes," he said with a smile

https://www.nbcnews.com/sports/us-congress-members-demand-answers-andrettis-exclusion-formula-1-rcna150189

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wood said:

Do those guys need a dominant car to win? I'd rather Newey retire, so we can maybe see them and others battling it out without a dominant car on the grid.

Or just, you know, sign with Andretti to help them get in and get going...

Ferrari or Andretti? Yes please.

Otherwise-- the man deserves some peace, let him retire! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Ferrari or Andretti? Yes please.

Otherwise-- the man deserves some peace, let him retire! :)

If he has to go to a team, then it's Aston Martin or Andretti for me. I'd love to see a free-for-all in his absence, though. And the way Eddie was talking, that might happen ....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

image.png.c648da4ce85d40f526387350cbc1c475.png

Maybe instead of a sponsorship name on the back of the car, they should put constantina in bold letters. That should help him. 

11 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

McLaren out here bringing a new damn car.

4c673876e60ec7ec9fdb6f8045a47867.png
07812e9d395925f75ea1c0430d7b5a94.png

i guess they were sandbagging? i thought they said it wasn't going to be that big of an upgrade lol

2 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

[@FDataAnalysis] McLaren's upgrade is massive! RedBul-style extended upper lip | Shorter, wider inlets | New cooling louvres | Redesigned sidepods, more undercut (that allows air to reach the back) | 9 performance updates (0 to 2 for the other teams): can you spot a few more?

bj1iq0p3k8yc1.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Yeah, that’s a massive upgrade. Good on them. It will be really interesting to see what kind of jump they make, then what kind of response Ferrari will have when they bring their big update in Imola, and then where the two of them end up in relation to RBR. Hopefully they can get close enough to steal some more wins and at least often beat Checo on pure pace.

It would be nice to see at least a couple non-RBR wins when Max has a normal weekend. That never happened last year. We almost had it with Leclerc in Vegas, but then the Safety Car came out at the wrong time and it was over. 

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

Something to file away for you Montreal GP types: 

Man, having a nonstop to Montreal simplifies a Canadian GP trip sooooo much.

40 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I guess McLaren has some tweaking to do on their new setup. And Mercedes better hurry up with some upgrades or they’re going to finish 5th in the Constructors. 

Yep, they went to the softs and tanked.

lol fuck this place

You could literally get RT airfare, GA seats, hotel accommodations, plus a camping chair to sit under the trees at spa for cheaper than bullshit at any of the American races.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Seems like Eddie was shootin' straight ...

Adrian Newey insists he currently has "no plan" to join one of Red Bull's Formula 1 rivals, admitting he needs "a bit of a break".

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/adrian-newey-says-he-has-no-plan-for-next-f1-challenge/10606543/

"Formula 1 is all-consuming and I've been at it for a long time now," Newey told Sky Sports F1.

"2021 was a really busy year because of the tight battle with Mercedes through the championship, and at the same time putting all the research and development into the RB18 which is the father of this generation of cars.

"I don't know, there comes a point where I just felt, as Forrest Gump said, 'I'm feeling a little bit tired'."

When asked how long he had been thinking about his decision, he said: "A little while now, if I am honest.

"I guess over the winter a little bit and then as events have unfolded this year, I thought... I am in the very lucky position where I don't need to work to live.

"I work because I enjoy it and it felt now is a good time to step back, take a little bit of a break and take stock of life.

"Mandy, my wife, and the dogs, we'll probably go travelling. Get a motorhome or something and go down through France and just enjoy life.

"Then maybe at some point, I don't know when, I'll be standing in the shower and saying right, this is going to be the next adventure. Right now there is no plan."

Lewis Hamilton, who will join Ferrari from Mercedes in 2025, said Newey would be at the very top of the list of people he would want to work with in F1.

"Honestly, it is very kind of Lewis to say that and I am very flattered," Newey responded when Hamilton's comments were put to him.

"But at the moment it is just time to take a little bit of a break and see what happens next."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, wood said:

Yeah I like it. I wouldn't want it all the time, but I like it.

My buddy just sent me this lol.

IMG_5661_20240503_180722.jpg

That's completely obscene. I get that things cost some more at certain events but, that's just unreal. I assume my buddy and his wife are going on complimentary passes since he again did the fake water around the fake marina again. I'm going to send him that picture now and tell him to avoid that snack bar.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Nice to hear Martin jump in to defend Hamilton before looking at the replay.

That was bad.

Three cars take out Norris in the first turn.

No penalties for anyone, notably Stroll The Destroyer and Hamilton

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 1