2024 Celebrity Death Pool

Wally Fairway

A friend of the family was an extra in O&G, she is one of the recruits who gets off the bus, lines up at the far end. So I'm 2 degrees of separation from Lou.

Thought that was a great movie,  Lou was the best in that role. RIP Drill Sergeant.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

I'm very aware of what the 27 club is.   My issue was that being 27 in 2027 is not the point of the club.

It'd be the like hitting a trifecta to me, a skill shot if you will.  

Got my stories switched. 

The Miami Dolphins traded Davis to the Indianapolis Colts in 2012, a year when Miami was featured on HBO's "Hard Knocks." When then-Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland told him he'd been traded, his first reaction was to ask whether he could call his grandmother and his brother, a moment that went viral. He didn't know cameras were inside the room at that time and told ESPN after he retired, "I felt kind of violated." 

Davis made headlines in 2018 when, while playing for the Buffalo Bills, he abruptly retired at halftime of a September game against the Los Angeles Chargers. 

• 2 weeks later...

I remember being a kid and my mom letting me stay up late on Monday night to watch OJ play football.  He was my favorite football player.  I even had one of those faux football jerseys with his number on it(If you grew up in the 70's you know what I am talking about).  Always got a kick watching him on TV, from Roots, to Commercials and then in the movies like Towering Inferno and of course Nordberg in the Naked Gun series.

If these were my only memories of him, I would probably be pretty bummed about now.  But they are not and I have nothing but indifference for his passing.  He will be remembered for getting away with murder and for the suffering it caused along with punchlines and parodies.