MNC game at NRG Stadium tickets

markstanco

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Mine are in 615

I with ya in same area.    I can hear the poor kid at the foundation now when people call in to complain "well sir, you're technically at the 45 yd line with a great view.  I'm sure it will look fine after 12 hours of drinking and huffin moldy asbestos fumes from the superdome "roof"   #surlypoors

On 12/11/2023 at 8:07 AM, ITHorn said:

The cost of a Texas "future" on SItickets is down to 640. This would put you at 1240 total after paying for the ticket. I can't imagine that you'll be able to get in cheaper than that without getting pretty lucky if Texas is in the game.

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 8.03.29 AM.png

I went to their website and looked for this option. School me on this please. How do you purchase a future?

Just now, SuckitKevin said:

I went to their website and looked for this option. School me on this please. How do you purchase a future?

It isnt seeming like a great deal. I checked it out yesterday and you are placing a non-refundable down payment to get a guaranteed chance to purchase the tickets at face value. The seats I saw that were available were all nosebleeds or behind the endzone. The Longhorns had an 850 dollar reservation fee yesterday. I doubt that a comparable seat would be that much more expensive than 850 + face but I could be wrong. I am not big on risking 850 dollars for a small savings. 

30 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Went to the Sugar Bowl against VaTech.  The upper levels there aren’t terrible like modern NFL stadiums.  We had the shittiest seats possible and it was fine.

One thing to know is those 600 level sections that are on the sides start at row 7. The 500 level has rows 1 thru 6. So if you are in row 8 in section 615 you are actually in the 2nd row of that section. The lower rows in the side 600’s really are not bad at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, po elvis said:

One thing to know is those 600 level sections that are on the sides start at row 7. The 500 level has rows 1 thru 6. So if you are in row 8 in section 615 you are actually in the 2nd row of that section. The lower rows in the side 600’s really are not bad at all.

They also served hard liquor at the concession stand, so that might be tainting my memory.  But it reminded me of the Cotton Bowl with a roof.  Pretty good sight lines.

It isnt seeming like a great deal. I checked it out yesterday and you are placing a non-refundable down payment to get a guaranteed chance to purchase the tickets at face value. The seats I saw that were available were all nosebleeds or behind the endzone. The Longhorns had an 850 dollar reservation fee yesterday. I doubt that a comparable seat would be that much more expensive than 850 + face but I could be wrong. I am not big on risking 850 dollars for a small savings. 

For the Championship game? You don’t think that tickets will be well in excess of $1,300?

I think you might be the first person I’ve seen make that call.

ETA, to me it seems like the best “insurance” protection against massive price spike is just to buy the tickets now, and then resell if we don’t advance. I tend to think that taking an $850 loss on each seat seems highly unlikely.

19 minutes ago, scottsins said:

For the Championship game? You don’t think that tickets will be well in excess of $1,300?

ETA, to me it seems like the best “insurance” protection against massive price spike is just to buy the tickets now, and then resell if we don’t advance. I tend to think that taking an $850 loss on each seat seems highly unlikely.

If it is Washington and Bama, i dont know how much over face those tickets will be. 

32 minutes ago, scottsins said:

I'm pretty sure if Texas loses you forfeit the 850. You don't still get a ticket

Right now those options are at 640 for a face value ticket at $600 putting the total outlay at 1240 for a UT MNC ticket. 

If you were to buy today, cheapest ticket after fees on secondary market is a bit over 1900. Not hard for me to see a world in which after fees are taken out an Alabama/Washington matchup nets a seller less than 2X face value. 

2BC3F3A1-257F-42FB-8094-DE6CBBE73AE2.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

Right now those options are at 640 for a face value ticket at $600 putting the total outlay at 1240 for a UT MNC ticket. 

If you were to buy today, cheapest ticket after fees on secondary market is a bit over 1900. Not hard for me to see a world in which after fees are taken out an Alabama/Washington matchup nets a seller less than 2X face value. 

2BC3F3A1-257F-42FB-8094-DE6CBBE73AE2.jpeg

What the fuck? This should be illegal. The option to buy the ticket can’t be sold to 2 different teams and only fulfilled for one. That’s insane. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

What the fuck? This should be illegal. The option to buy the ticket can’t be sold to 2 different teams and only fulfilled for one. That’s insane. 

It’s wild, they have futures for Super Bowl tickets and pretty much every other major sporting event. I would love to see what happens if Texas makes it and they have to cover all of these face value tickets at way over cost. 

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Went to the Sugar Bowl against VaTech.  The upper levels there aren’t terrible like modern NFL stadiums.  We had the shittiest seats possible and it was fine.

How things have changed, I got 2 tickets on the 50 yard line for $10.00 plus a two beers from the six pack I was carrying around. The scalper was all wet and just wanted to go home since he sold them to me a few blocks away from the stadium. I think I offered $20.00 and he took less just to get the beers. Back in the day he could have asked for the 6 pack and it still would have been a discount. One never knows why people do what they do. They were on the first or second row of the upper deck.

15 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

How things have changed, I got 2 tickets on the 50 yard line for $10.00 plus a two beers from the six pack I was carrying around. The scalper was all wet and just wanted to go home since he sold them to me a few blocks away from the stadium. I think I offered $20.00 and he took less just to get the beers. Back in the day he could have asked for the 6 pack and it still would have been a discount. One never knows why people do what they do. They were on the first or second row of the upper deck.

I ate 2 tickets at thar game.

2BC3F3A1-257F-42FB-8094-DE6CBBE73AE2.thumb.jpeg.b7ae6b674f5ac0697bfe3551e4547496.jpeg

This makes sense. I was not factoring in the fees, which is a fatal error on my part.

We are definitely looking at the futures market. If you wait until after the Sugar Bowl and Texas is going to NRG, secondary tickets will sky rocket beyond the current secondary market.

So, I think we are either buying secondary now or doing the futures. The math now is if we think we can recover enough to lose less than what the futures cost. Trying to think through that.

Also, if you guys are saying that you’re getting tickets like 2 days before the game, I’m not sure if we can get the tickets and turn them on the secondary market in time.

12 minutes ago, Stringer said:

We are definitely looking at the futures market. If you wait until after the Sugar Bowl and Texas is going to NRG, secondary tickets will sky rocket beyond the current secondary market.

So, I think we are either buying secondary now or doing the futures. The math now is if we think we can recover enough to lose less than what the futures cost. Trying to think through that.

Also, if you guys are saying that you’re getting tickets like 2 days before the game, I’m not sure if we can get the tickets and turn them on the secondary market in time.

This is my biggest concern that I am weighing. I could be forced to take a major bath if I cant list until 48 hours before the game. 

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

The day is plenty of time to dump tickets 

Day of will be people looking for a deal. If Texas isnt in the championship game, you are gonna have schools where the fans will have mostly bought their tickets in advance due to needing to buy plane tickets and hotels in advance. You will miss a golden window to sell those tickets at a high price if you are stuck selling in the inside 48 hours window. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Day of will be people looking for a deal. If Texas isnt in the championship game, you are gonna have schools where the fans will have mostly bought their tickets in advance due to needing to buy plane tickets and hotels in advance. You will miss a golden window to sell those tickets at a high price if you are stuck selling in the inside 48 hours window. 

good point, if its michigan there will be demand 

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Now that I know that even upper level tix at the Sugar Bowl are pretty good, I may pull the trigger on some I see up there. I just hate this game of “well maybe they’ll still drop in the next couple of weeks”. 

Washington folks get their tickets early next week so you might have more on the market then. Texas folks got their locations this week correct?

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve been going back and forth. I think they will go down. Probably not significantly but the sugar bowl tickets have gone down some. Upper bowl sections are around 600.

I would think maybe 800-1000 for upper bowl it’s still crazy but surly it can’t stay at 1.7k for upper. I’m personally looking for section 300 and hoping they can be around 1500 if they go down. This is probably wishful thinking and I may end up paying double by it’s all said and done by waiting too late.

It’s hard losing all that money if they don’t make it. I honestly think they make it but there’s a chance you can lose out on 5k and I’m not a gambler so here we are.

I think we all agree on these scenarios, but the estimated price range for each scenario is where we may diverge:

MAX PEAK - TX / Mich (possibly 2X current market)

Low PEAK - TX / Bama (1X - 1.5X current market)

Mid - Wash / Mich ( .75X - 1X current market)

Bottom - Wash / Bama ( <Face - .5X current market)

Anybody have a different order of high to low price scenarios?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Now that I know that even upper level tix at the Sugar Bowl are pretty good, I may pull the trigger on some I see up there. I just hate this game of “well maybe they’ll still drop in the next couple of weeks”. 

This is what Seatgeek shows as the view from section 615 where my tickets are.  If that is reasonably close to what it actually is, I'll be happy.  That's a lot better than what I got for the B12 Championship game.

image.png.82f12872f3b3c214b120c6f7aef9faee.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, orange dream said:

I think we all agree on these scenarios, but the estimated price range for each scenario is where we may diverge:

MAX PEAK - TX / Mich (possibly 2X current market)

Low PEAK - TX / Bama (1X - 1.5X current market)

Mid - Wash / Mich ( .75X - 1X current market)

Bottom - Wash / Bama ( <Face - .5X current market)

Anybody have a different order of high to low price scenarios?

Definitely agreed with this.  Texas/Michigan will be 2005 Rose Bowl except playing out online instead of around the stadium.   Will be fascinating to watch and painful to pull the trigger.

3 hours ago, utexas8 said:

I’ve been going back and forth. I think they will go down. Probably not significantly but the sugar bowl tickets have gone down some. 

I still think Sugar bowl goes down a lot.  The demand for the championship compared to the sugar bowl is just not remotely in the same ballpark. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, hookem17 said:

If you’re looking at the future market, consider hedging with the Washington money line. You won’t be mad if you pay a little more the championship, and it offsets the cost if Washington moves on.

Great idea...if the state of Texas allowed us to bet on sports.

• Haha 1

If You are Handicap accessible or have a large electric wheelchair call the stadium, it takes about 25 mins to get someone on phone but they will walk you thru procedure! I bought mine on the phone for 340$ each but I’m not sure if thats until they run out or what and I’m told it’s mid level seating which requires elevator to the second floor ramp! Regardless I’ll be there to see my horns smack Bama and Saban

• Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, ZB&#x27;Tejas said:

Did we determine the cutoff was around 2240 in terms of priority rank for Sugar Bowl? My guess is that 2,000 more will qualify for Championship tickets so the cutoff would be around 4200.

I think it was lower then 2000.

The big question is going to be how many donors at the front of the line did not request max tickets that did for the game in Houston.

The good news is we will know before the sugar bowl who is getting allotment for a potential game in Houston. 

12 minutes ago, ZB&#x27;Tejas said:

Can you request more tickets than the seats you currently have? If you have 2 seats but are the 100K can you still get 14? I thought they did that for RRS but it seems like they should at least cap it to the number of seats you currently have.

yes.  the chart on the website says CFP and Bowl game on the last row.  They really should have split that up to have a Bowl Game one and CFP one.  For Bowl games they very likely don't sell the allotment so they love it when some BMD buys 14. 

CFP is a totally different animal.  

3 hours ago, Skipper said:

I still think Sugar bowl goes down a lot.  The demand for the championship compared to the sugar bowl is just not remotely in the same ballpark. 

Looks to me listings on SeatGeek are up from 1,400 to 1,800 since yesterday, with rock-bottom price dropping from $582 to $531. Once roughly 26K people from each school get their hands on tix we should see a pretty significant dip. I’m shooting for about $125 over face before I pull the trigger….

EDIT - 26K total, not from each school

Edited by Ignatius

5 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Looks to me listings on SeatGeek are up from 1,400 to 1,800 since yesterday, with rock-bottom price dropping from $582 to $531. Once roughly 26K people from each school get their hands on tix we should see a pretty significant dip. I’m shooting for about $125 over face before I pull the trigger….

Yep.  If people just want to get in the door I don't see any reason to not wait. I think the shitty seats will end up close to if not at or below face.  The mid range to good seats are a bit more unpredictable.  It all depends on how much inventory comes on the market from sponsor seats (i.e., employees that get them and list instead of attend).  You have a bunch of high net worth donors at both schools that just got shitty seats that will be looking to flip and buy better.  The large brokers are all going to collude, keep prices high, and play chicken that most of those individuals won't fly to NOLA without seats in hand.  Those fans may very well buy up a bunch at or around current pricing.   But if a significant amount of premium inventory hits the market from individual sellers (which I think is a possibility), you will see intermittent relatively decent deals pop up that sell quickly then have the same scenario that played out with Big 12 championship (where club level seats ended up at or below face by night before the game and day of game as the large brokers finally started discounting in tandem).

• Hook 'Em 2

For MNC, tickets on tickpick are showing up in a lot of sections that previously had 0.

any idea where those may be coming from?

doesn’t seem to have done anything to ticket prices though 

edit: Nm. It’s like one pair in each of these “new” sections 

Edited by UTexasFight

On 12/13/2023 at 4:30 PM, Ignatius said:

EDIT - 26K total, not from each school

Does anyone know the timing of the ticket release? When should we be sitting on the app hitting refresh to find the best deal for Championship tickets?

On 12/13/2023 at 2:54 PM, hookem17 said:

If you’re looking at the future market, consider hedging with the Washington money line. You won’t be mad if you pay a little more the championship, and it offsets the cost if Washington moves on.

This is the way.  $750 future, $300 on Washington moneyline, and $450 face ticket means you are guaranteed all-in at $1500.  I can't see Texas/Michigan or Texas/Alabama being much lower than that. 

Washington wins and you break even on the future and are out the $300 wager.

• Hook 'Em 1