MNC game at NRG Stadium tickets

markstanco

If the boys find a way to win in the Sugar Bowl, what are y’all’s thoughts on ticket prices? I know when I went to L.A. in 05 i had $1200 on my hip and couldn’t get a seat. That was a home game for usc. Now it’s a home game for texas.

$2000 to get in if they were playing Michigan or Alabama?

If the boys find a way to win in the Sugar Bowl, what are y’all’s thoughts on ticket prices? I know when I went to L.A. in 05 i had $1200 on my hip and couldn’t get a seat. That was a home game for usc. Now it’s a home game for texas.

$2000 to get in if they were playing Michigan or Alabama?

Yep. Think I saw 2 people holding up tickets for sale the entire 3 days in 2005. Simply no tickets available.
Fortunately got mine for free from a vendor….I’m thinking 1750 is the number if we make.

I already got a hotel those prices will jump quick too.

I checked the cfb rsvp didn’t know it was a thing until today. The rsvp for Texas and Michigan is 1.4k not including the 750 face value ticket.

Washington is only 150 and Alabama is 300. Tempted to buy the Alabama one since it’s cheaper than the Texas.

13 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Also I’ve never been to NRG what sections are good? Really don’t wanna sit up high but is it that high? I’ve been to Jerry world and met God at the top.

Upper NRG I would never sit in again. Way too steep and way to high.

As for prices, cheap seats currently going for 1900... Texas wins semi and that goes to 3000 quickly.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

How many does the school get allotted for season ticket holders? I put in my request but not super hopeful… you’d think it would at least be a bigger number than what they got for the Big12 champ game 

I put in also. But I’m no doctor of neighborhood so I doubt I get nada. My family has been season ticket holders since 1982. Oh well..

Geez, haven't bought tickets on the usual suspects in a while and didn't realize how much their fees are:

YOUR ORDER SUMMARY Ticket Price 2 × US$ 1,958 Fulfillment and Service Fee 2 × US$ 786 Tax 2 × US$ 226 Total Price US$ 5,941

Yeah found some good ones for 1.8 thought I should snag them now, then the total turned into 5k.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

12 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

How many does the school get allotted for season ticket holders? I put in my request but not super hopeful… you’d think it would at least be a bigger number than what they got for the Big12 champ game 

Each school gets 20,000 tickets for championship game.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

A lot of people I know are buying them now. In the event we get in those suckers will go above $1500 fast. If we don’t go to the show, try to make a profit. 

buy now

Just now, cabowabo said:

I was there in 06 and 09.  As much as I like college football and the Horns, I am not gonna pay $2k to watch a 3 hour college football game from the nosebleeds. 

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I was there in 06 and 09.  As much as I like college football and the Horns, I am not gonna pay $2k to watch a 3 hour college football game from the nosebleeds. 

Same. If I hadn’t been in ‘06 I may feel differently though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I think it's ~20k

7 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

It is 4k for the lower bowl right now, maybe 3k if you want a 10 yard line seat. 1.5-2k for a nosebleed in the upper deck. Are these seriously going to get more expensive from where they are now or have the prices already factored in Texas making the title game? 

Right...

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

I know when I went to L.A. in 05 i had $1200 on my hip and couldn’t get a seat.

I remember seeing a sign outside the rose bowl someone was holding up saying they had been scammed on a $2000 ticket. That game was fucking wild, even the Colt McCoy Rose Bowl wasn't that expensive.

First time Texas is back in a decade? I expect it to be VY priced.

Just now, utexas8 said:

If it’s Michigan vs Texas tickets will remain high. Michigan is just as hungry as us.

Oh yea it will be USC-Texas all over again.  Bama-Texas will not be quite as hot as Bama has been a lot so they will churn their allotment, but still pretty damn hot.  Bama-Washington gets real limp dick based on familiarity and distance.  

6 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Damn.  I only paid $400 for Champ game v bama. 

3k??? Dang. 

What’s the security like?  Can we just mob up and bum rush entrance ?

5 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Or hand ticket scanner volunteer $200 ?

And walk in?

Unfortunately, this isn't the Cotton Bowl where they pick people up off Fitzhugh to run the gates on the one day a year they have any kind of significant game there.  

I’m with the guys who went in 04/05/09… $3k each for good seats? I ain’t dropping $12k for me and my boys and my momma. We’ll grill some chicken and pour some tequila and have a fajita party and blast Texas fight before the game and call it half a car paid for.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I live in Houston and I might be priced out. I'll pay up to a grand for a ticket, but $1500+ for nosebleeds means I may head to a tailgate at NRG then drive home to watch on my 65" for free.

Thinking this is where I'm at.

I got me and my son into World Series Game 6 for $1900 total but I'd have to add a third for this game. Or maybe I tell the boy he's out of luck and just take the wife. Still a lot.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

It is 4k for the lower bowl right now, maybe 3k if you want a 10 yard line seat. 1.5-2k for a nosebleed in the upper deck. Are these seriously going to get more expensive from where they are now or have the prices already factored in Texas making the title game? 

The prices are factoring in ~55% of the supply not currently being available for re-sale.

what I can’t decide —and what I fear—is whether the demand will put even more upward pressure on prices even after those ~40k tickets to the schools hit the market.

I love the convenience of being able to buy a tickets off the secondary market and immediately having it on your phone. But the fees that these secondary sellers add to the purchase are fucking ridiculous. If you buy now, and Bama and Washington are the two teams left, you are going to lose your ass because you’re not gonna recover the absurd fees you dropped in the initial purchase, and the prices for the actual tickets will be lower than they are now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I love the convenience of being able to buy a tickets off the secondary market and immediately having it on your phone. But the fees that these secondary sellers add to the purchase are fucking ridiculous. If you buy now, and Bama and Washington are the two teams left, you are going to lose your ass because you’re not gonna recover the absurd fees you dropped in the initial purchase, and the prices for the actual tickets will be lower than they are now. 

Tickpick.com 

10 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

And the fees you’ll pay out of the ass on the re-sale

Edited by UTexasFight

23 minutes ago, immamac said:

Tickpick.com 

Shhh

it’s not like TickPick doesn’t have a crap ton of fees, they just bake it all in to a single price so you dont feel violated at the final step when the checkout price is  ~30% higher because of the fees. (At least StubHub now let’s you toggle the setting on to show prices with fees)

But none of the sites include taxes until the very end. So for those of us in Texas, that’s another 8.25% that you don’t see until the final step. (And if we don’t make it and you happen to be fortunate to re-sell the tickets for a profit, Uncle Sam is coming for his cut and you’ll be paying come tax time based on whatever tax bracket you’re in)

(but all that said, a random sample of same seats on StubHub vs TickPick shows TickPick to be 6% cheaper than StubHub)

Edited by UTexasFight