Sugar bowl tickets

blacklab

7 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

I remember at the 2004 Rose Bowl (the Michigan one) there were so many extra tickets outside the door people couldn’t get $5 for a ticket.  I felt like a dumbass for paying $140 face.

Yeah I gave away two seats at the 20 yard line about 20 rows up for that game….

8 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

I remember at the 2004 Rose Bowl (the Michigan one) there were so many extra tickets outside the door people couldn’t get $5 for a ticket.  I felt like a dumbass for paying $140 face.

For that one, I had family that couldn't come last second. I had their 2 endzone seats purchased at face.   There was absolutely zero market.  I ended up trading to a couple of guys on the golf course in exchange for about 15 beers and a couple of plastic bags with ice.    Considering we were completely unprepared to tailgate and were about to walk over to the Texas Exes tent and pay $7/beer or whatever they charged, it was one of the best ticket deals I've ever made considering the market.  I knew multiple people that couldn't unload extras at all.  Ended up moving from my endzone to pretty good (unused) seats solely based on the extras floating around.

• Hook 'Em 1

I remember feeling the same way with paying face for my Michigan rose bowl tickets then the next year thanking my lucky stars I had tickets in hand at any price.

My entirely nonexpert opinion is sugar bowl tickets will be fairly available, though probably not below face like the Michigan game, but if we make it to Houston it's gonna be 2006 rose bowl 2.0- blue blood playing at home vs another blue blood with passionate fans.  Time to get that second mortgage if you want those tickets.

5 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Is there any great downside to sitting on Washington side?  I imagine it'll be at least sprinkled with plenty of orange and I don't think huskies fans are going to go all Ohio State on opposing fans.  Ive just been looking at prices with no idea which "side" they're on.  

IMO outside of the school allotment, it’s going to be majority Texas fans regardless of “side”.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Is there any great downside to sitting on Washington side?  I imagine it'll be at least sprinkled with plenty of orange and I don't think huskies fans are going to go all Ohio State on opposing fans.  Ive just been looking at prices with no idea which "side" they're on.  

Be ready to shoulder check on a moments notice 

30 minutes ago, hornian said:

IMO outside of the school allotment, it’s going to be majority Texas fans regardless of “side”.

Any idea of what the Washington allotment sections are?  I don't mind sitting with some fans, I don't want to sit in a section of mostly their fans.  I need people to high five for the many TDs we are going to score.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

For that one, I had family that couldn't come last second. I had their 2 endzone seats purchased at face.   There was absolutely zero market.  I ended up trading to a couple of guys on the golf course in exchange for about 15 beers and a couple of plastic bags with ice.    Considering we were completely unprepared to tailgate and were about to walk over to the Texas Exes tent and pay $7/beer or whatever they charged, it was one of the best ticket deals I've ever made considering the market.  I knew multiple people that couldn't unload extras at all.  Ended up moving from my endzone to pretty good (unused) seats solely based on the extras floating around.

Sounds like you came out really well on that deal!  Plus, you got to watch one of the best football games in UT history.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

60 / 40 at best. It’s a holiday weekend in a destination city, vs a big opponent. Not sure why people think UDub fans are going to sit at home

Because there aren't enough flights to get 30K+ people from the Seattle area New Orleans.  And regardless, with that kind of time and cost commitment, you have a significant chunk that will keep their powder dry for Houston in case they win.  I will be surprised if uppers in UW allotment aren't at or below face by kick. 

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Because there aren't enough flights to get 30K+ people from the Seattle area New Orleans.  And regardless, with that kind of time and cost commitment, you have a significant chunk that will keep their powder dry for Houston in case they win.  I will be surprised if uppers in UW allotment aren't at or below face by kick. 

Not all Washington fans live in Seattle just like not all Texas fans live in Austin.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

What was the crowd like at the game last year ?

I think the Sugar Bowl as a CFP game is going to have a slightly different draw than the Alamo Bowl.

5 hours ago, ballrific said:

they will not be face, but some maybe close if you want to just get in the door.  It's been discussed, proximity, bourbon and Horn fans thirst may factor in more here.

On the other hand, the 300s on the UW side are already in the mid $500s...

as of last night tickets are under $400 on the uw side, ticketmaster AFTER fees for 600s. I think they are continue to go down

Edited by dtownmj

4 hours ago, Skipper said:

you have a significant chunk that will keep their powder dry for Houston in case they win.  I will be surprised if uppers in UW allotment aren't at or below face by kick. 

I agree. I imagine wanting to go to the championship game if they win this one will keep half of the ones that would normally have gone away.

16 hours ago, immamac said:

this is legitimately not true. The sellers just get more $$ for the tickets because the market will bear it. There is no "hidden fees" or baked in anything. Nothing is fees. 

But in the end if I pay the same amount for the ticket, why do I care if the amount above face goes to a ticket broker or some dude who gives more to the LF than I do?

29 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Was that the Sugar Bowl or National championship?

I’ll re-read but it wasn’t clear. Beau said it $200 for the cheapest Sugar Bowl.

Yes, I'm pretty positive "face" for Sugar Bowl uppers is around $200.  Maybe slightly less for upper endzone.

Edited by Skipper

Back in the 60’s Tulane played their regular season games in the old “Sugar Bowl” when Texas played them there. Back then, there was really only about 4-5 bowl games. Texas played Ole Miss in the 61 Seasons’ Cotton, which Texas won. UT then next played LSU in the Cotton and lost! Small margin of victory, but Dad stated was like a “butt whipping!” Next year the Horns won it all - ‘63 Team in the Cotton vs Navy!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I mean I got tickets for face and they are not 200 so idk what you are talking about. 

My buddy was charged $200 each by the athletic dept in 617 row 12.  So $200 for a "good" upper. I'm betting face for high upper endzone is cheaper.  Obviously "face" increases the lower you go.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

It really is ridiculous no one can see what "face value" is for a ticket in a particular section.

All they are doing is protecting scalpers, which I guess is the point.  Farcical.

While interesting to know here, face is largely irrelevant these days IMO.  The market is the market.   I mean for a ton of events, "face" is constantly adjusted for team or concert tickets by primary seller via dynamic pricing.

7 minutes ago, Skipper said:

While interesting to know here, face is largely irrelevant these days IMO.  The market is the market.   I mean for a ton of events, "face" is constantly adjusted for team or concert tickets by primary seller via dynamic pricing.

I realize the market is the market but it is always good to know the "cost" in any situation if you can.  true dynamic pricing exists but not sure that is happening here.

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I realize the market is the market but it is always good to know the "cost" in any situation if you can.  true dynamic pricing exists but not sure that is happening here.

When you look at ticket info on the app, does it show your price paid when you look at the ticket? I don’t have any tickets from LHF so I don’t know what the interface looks like.

20 hours ago, immamac said:

this is legitimately not true. The sellers just get more $$ for the tickets because the market will bear it. There is no "hidden fees" or baked in anything. Nothing is fees. 

Jesus I really hope you didn't fall for that shit and truly don't believe that.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, immamac said:

TickPick doesn't charge the buyer fees, but they do charge the seller fees - so the seller gets less money after fees.

https://www.tickpick.com/blog/ticket-fees-cost-stubhub-ebay/

Buyers Fees | Sellers Fees

Market Place
Buyers Fees
What You Pay
Sellers Fees
Seller’s Profits
TicketExchange 20% $120 <5% <$95
TickPick ZERO $100 15% $85
Empire Tickets 8% $108 Market
TicketLiquidator 18% $118 10% $90
RazorGator 25% $125 15% $85
VividSeats 24% $124 10% $90
TicketsNow 20% $120 15% $85
TicketNetwork 18.5% $118.50 10% $90
Ebay ZERO $100 6 – 11%* $89 – $94
Stubhub 10% $110 15% $85

Tickpick and Gametime, who both advertise no fees, charge just as much fees as everybody else.  They show you the total up front, but their tickets are not cheaper.  No fees is just a marketing campaign to draw you in.  Compare Vivid, Seatgeek, Tm resale, Tevo, Stubhub, Tickpick, Gametime or any other reselling platform...when you go to actually check out they are going to be very close.  Some events will favor some and it will turn around slightly on other events.   As a consumer, you are paying for all the same things.  

21 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

TickPick doesn't charge the buyer fees, but they do charge the seller fees - so the seller gets less money after fees.

https://www.tickpick.com/blog/ticket-fees-cost-stubhub-ebay/

You are quoting a TickPick blog.  You could quote something from every company out there and they'll say they're the best.  Those are marketing campaigns.

On 12/20/2023 at 12:18 AM, Horn Dogg said:

2009 Fiesta Bowl was pretty much the same thing.  i paid a scalper $20 for a good seat about an hour before kickoff and still felt like i overpaid.  but it was worth it.

Edited by Jive Turkey

I've been tracking this game pretty closely, benchmarking the prices and quantities since we were announced.  The amount of tickets on the market has climbed a lot in the last week.  Up to 14,700 for sale across SeatGeek, TickPick, TicketMaster and Stubhub.  I'm sure there are some duplicates, but that is still double the quantity from what it was a week ago.  And prices have dropped by close to 50%.  I expect that will continue as people realize that they aren't going to move at these prices.

1 hour ago, HookEm said:

I've been tracking this game pretty closely, benchmarking the prices and quantities since we were announced.  The amount of tickets on the market has climbed a lot in the last week.  Up to 14,700 for sale across SeatGeek, TickPick, TicketMaster and Stubhub.  I'm sure there are some duplicates, but that is still double the quantity from what it was a week ago.  And prices have dropped by close to 50%.  I expect that will continue as people realize that they aren't going to move at these prices.

Tix held by individuals (particularly uppers in team allotted sections) will almost certainly keep gradually going down.  Most individuals won't want to deal with it.  Particularly once people start leaving for NOLA and want to enjoy themselves and not worry about selling tix.  Those will bottom out first.    

I'm convinced when large brokerages hold a material portion of the inventory they collude with each other to keep prices high until the last minute.   We definitely saw this play out with the Big 12 CCG where almost all premium inventory was held by brokers and prices held firm for the most part then starting magically dropping Friday and particularly late Friday afternoon.

Obviously the issue in this market is we really have no way of knowing how much of the inventory is held by brokers (although I suspect it's a decent chunk of the non-team allotted seats in the 100, 200's and 300's).  But bowls games are different because people may get great seats from their company leading up to the game and try to sell so random great deals may pop up.   Unless someone really wants to present tix as a present for Christmas, I don't see any reason to consider buying until next week given the amount of inventory.

• Hook 'Em 1