2024 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

27 minutes ago, pops said:

Ummmm.... is this serious?   Putnam is from Tacoma. That's the joke. 

Oh okay - that makes more sense. 

17 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Anchorage, Alaska. 

Which is also not in the PNW?

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

And a par 70.

and looking at the scoreboard, this event is being played on 2 courses. Of the guys in the top 22, 19 played the same course as Del Solar, including Cole Hammer who is T5 at -8.
13 under is pretty damned good anywhere, but yeah it looks like a turkey shoot an that course.

3 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

I imagine I could shoot a 56 easily. Maybe a 55.

Yup - today Aldrich Potgieter, playing the putt & chip course put up a 28 on the front side but only has 2 birdies and a bogey on the back so he needs to step it up to shoot a 59 or 60. and Cooper Dossey put in a 29, Someone is going 60 or under today,

Update - Cole Hammer T4 at -12, 3 holes to play

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Yup - today Aldrich Potgieter, playing the putt & chip course put up a 28 on the front side but only has 2 birdies and a bogey on the back so he needs to step it up to shoot a 59 or 60. and Cooper Dossey put in a 29, Someone is going 60 or under today,

Update - Cole Hammer T4 at -12, 3 holes to play

nailed it Potgieter shoots a 59 today, same course, and he did it with a bogey.
Cole goes 62-67 to get to T5

7 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

I imagine I could shoot a 56 easily. Maybe a 55.

That course is what looks to be in good shape.  But here in the states, if a course is 6000 yards and under, it is typically in horrible shape.  I grew up on a course that was under 6000 yards, with all trouble on the right and not once on the left.  So, everybody learns to hit a draw.   It was fun, but if I shot a 75 I was slinging shit in to the trees. 

So is the PGA Tour purposely trying to go out of business? They show a few hours in the afternoon on NBC, but the leaders haven't even teed off. Then, the program ends. You have to go to Peacock to watch it, which no one is going to do.  Or, I guess the Golf channel will also have it live, but that doesn't start for an hour and it isn't clear to me that it's llive. Meanwhile, Liv tour is playing two channels down.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

So is the PGA Tour purposely trying to go out of business? They show a few hours in the afternoon on NBC, but the leaders haven't even teed off. Then, the program ends. You have to go to Peacock to watch it, which no one is going to do.  Or, I guess the Golf channel will also have it live, but that doesn't start for an hour and it isn't clear to me that it's llive. Meanwhile, Liv tour is playing two channels down.

They’re lift, clean, and place so I’m guessing there have been some weather issues.

17 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

They’re lift, clean, and place so I’m guessing there have been some weather issues.

Yep. There was a weather delay. Round 3 won’t be finished until tomorrow morning. Which kind of sucks because now the finish will be in the middle of the Super Bowl. 

Tony’s right. They had huge delays from weather, including frost. 

Guys yesterday were finishing R1 and rolling right over to start their front 9 for R2. I’m not sure the leaders even teed off for R2 yesterday.

So previously scheduled coverage happened, and they’re trying to do what they can.

Although they should have it on golf channel, but whatever. 

On 2/4/2024 at 3:19 PM, pops said:

Ummmm.... is this serious?   Putnam is from Tacoma. That's the joke. 

Putnam is a solid human.  A year ago, my son’s fifth birthday fell on the pro am day of the WMO.  I took the kids out early from school and took them there to experience the tournament, at least the family friendly version.  As Andrew was walking the bridge after finishing 18, he randomly dropped my boy his glove.  Turns out my girlfriend knows his wife from years ago and we sent them a thank you video for the glove.  15 minutes later he was FaceTiming my kid wishing him a happy birthday and then he sent a ton of autographed stuff to him.  I’ll always root for that guy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1