2024 Oscar Nominees

BigDHornfan

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't think there's much drama left. Chalk the rest of the way.

Disagree. Actress and Best Picture could go multiple different ways. Poor Things or Zone of Interest winning BP wouldn’t shock me.

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't think there's much drama left. Chalk the rest of the way.

Or, with three awards left and 30 minutes, could the show finish early for the first time in ever?? (With an asterisk since it also started early)

Answer: Of course not since they can throw in the “coming up…” interstitial at any time if needed

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Levi said:

I like the added touch of other actors talking about the nominees instead of the voice over they usually do.  

Agreed. A cool touch but I feel like they did it before. Maybe in the year after covid

Edited by mdmost

3 minutes ago, Levi said:

I like the added touch of other actors talking about the nominees instead of the voice over they usually do.  

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Agreed. A cool touch but I feel like they did it before. Maybe in the year after covid

I remember them doing it once or twice before. 2009 or so with Hugh Jackman hosting comes to mind for some reason.

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Oops, my bad, I believe you are correct. They should continue to do it. 

Posted (edited)

Slight surprise but quite deserved for Emma Stone.

She bought a house in tarrytown a few years ago. No idea if she ever spent any time there. But we used to party in its pool house in high school #csb

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Emma Stone was incredible in Poor Things. 

I couldn't even get through the whole movie but knew she'd win based on what I saw.  She was incredible.  No one else was even close IMO.