Cal Poly @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

If it wasn’t February and his second start I would run him out for the 9th

4 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yeah, I think the go with Boehm for the ninth. 

Nah fuck that let him end it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Did you know there are local middle men that aren’t giant fucking corporations that butt fuck you a lot less hard? Fuck stub hub and fuck you too for thinking you’re smart

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

Did you know there are local middle men that aren’t giant fucking corporations that butt fuck you a lot less hard? Fuck stub hub and fuck you too for thinking you’re smart

I have the money to cover the difference, so I am not really worried about it. You probably do too. I was joking, chill. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, B00M said:

image.gif.c236cc7a5e1eb23c422fe4ef7fea2289.gif

Solid win. These damn California schools can play. Always have

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

I like this approach of playing good Cali programs in Austin early to get competition, but mostly games we can win, as opposed to getting our shit pushed in at preseason round robin events in Dallas or Houston.  We'll get plenty of competition in the Big XII..

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I like this approach of playing good Cali programs in Austin early to get competition, but mostly games we can win, as opposed to getting our shit pushed in at preseason round robin events in Dallas or Houston.  We'll get plenty of competition in the Big XII..

You mean like as opposed to playing in the Astros Foundation College Classic at Minute Maid Park March 1-3 against No. 3 LSU, Texas State and No. 6 Vanderbilt? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any win is good, but starting the season off in a positive streak is always nice too. Many, many ways to grow with this young club.

Kind of glad we didn’t start the season in some big neutral site tourney against mainly ranked teams like prior seasons.

Hook’em!!!

I’ll beat the dead horse again but damnit this team could use Luke Storm. We are lacking one more middle of the order bat that could take this lineup to another level, specifically one that can hit from the right side and Storm was even better in that he was a switch hitter.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

You mean like as opposed to playing in the Astros Foundation College Classic at Minute Maid Park March 1-3 against No. 3 LSU, Texas State and No. 6 Vanderbilt? 

Interestingly, those two SEC teams have lost to FAU, Dayton, and Stony Brook this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

At least we'll have 8 games under our belt.

23 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’ll beat the dead horse again but damnit this team could use Luke Storm. We are lacking one more middle of the order bat that could take this lineup to another level, specifically one that can hit from the right side and Storm was even better in that he was a switch hitter.

Any word on what happened with him?

I was already more excited about LBJ coming back thab anything else with this year's team but what a performance in the 2nd game of the year.

Next Friday vs LSU will be fun.  That was his coming out party last year.

9 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I know he "retired" suddenly a few weeks ago for "personal reasons", but do we know what the actual reasons are?