Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

4 hours ago, Brew said:

The advantage would be if you are trying to reach in to get something, you don’t have to contend with 2 ft of tailgate to reach across. There are plenty of times I’m just trying to grab something out of the back and can’t quite reach it. I would rather have the GM tailgate though.

giphy.gif

My 2015 F150 runs 275/55/20 K02s  with a leveling kit.  Runs 40 lbs of pressure.  Will the 285/65/20 fit and look right?

I ran them with no rubbing on mine with 2” spacer upfront. Liked the way the look.

Be forewarned Discount doesn’t like to install “oversized” tires on the stock rims anymore. 10s of thousand of miles ago I requested 285/65 after push back the manager cooperated. This last time thousands of miles ago manager was trying to sell them to me there, but send me offsite to his buddies for install. No thanks. Throw the 275s on.

fastback-f-150-bed-cap.jpg?quality=85

The blurry photograph posted on Twitter was striking and unsettling, the Patterson-Gimlin film of car spots. A cloudy day. A rain-darkened highway. And like Bigfoot streaking through the frame, a Ford F-150-Mustang fastback mashup. We had to know more.

It might look like a one-off build commissioned by the truck's brave and touched owner, destined to become legend on his local roads and beyond. But as we found out, that tapered, louvered roofline—styled after the 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1—is actually a new production bed cap called the Aero X, and its creators at Michigan Vehicle Solutions are hoping to make fastback pickup trucks the next big thing.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/26381/this-mustang-inspired-ford-f-150-fastback-is-real-and-yes-you-can-buy-it?fbclid=IwAR3WPS6PvS-KW_y5-1TJO-KCt8E_DPIxQekyFZDS5MGMfkUAGk0N05-Ms6Y

Edited by UnivTex34
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If instead of the louvers you can get a robust mounting point for an oversized spare, they may have something that owners of large tire trucks might look at. Assuming there’s a lift gate with adjustable lift rods. 

There is a lift gate, not sure about the adjustable lift rods though.

On 1/11/2019 at 1:41 PM, TankedBevo said:

If you're willing to drive down to SA head over to Blackjack Speed Shop 35 location, the manager is my brother and can get you a great deal on parts and labor with a quick turnaround time. PM me if you want his info.

They did the lift/tires on my '15 Sierra

so26nc.jpg

Does your brother know Tim Duncan?

2 hours ago, housious said:

Does your brother know Tim Duncan?

He does, he'd  come in to the shop just to hang out and play video games for a few hours and I got to meet him. I got a signed Blackjack speed shop shirt from Tim for my three year old lol. I haven't had the luxury but my brother's been to a few cookouts at Tim's house too, super cool guy 

Well, got the lift and new tires just in time to find out the thing is leaking what looks to be oil and coolant.  Fuck me.

Taking it in tomorrow to probably find out I've got a cracked gasket.  No white smoke out of the exhaust, so hopefully no bearing damage.

Did I say fuck me yet?

Anyway, looks good as a paper weight...

FullSizeRender-10-02-19-01-15_zpsx2ncgqa

pretty big f-150 recall for a transmission issue:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ford-recalls-almost-1-5-million-f-150-143127799--finance.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said on Wednesday it was recalling about 1.48 million F-150 pickup trucks in North America due to a potential transmission downshift issue that could increase the risk of a crash.

Ford said select 2011-2013 model year trucks with six-speed automatic transmission could experience an unintended downshift into first gear without warning, which could result in the loss of vehicle control. Ford is aware of five accidents, including one report of whiplash potentially related to the issue.

The recall covers 1.26 million trucks in the United States and 221,000 in Canada. Dealers will update the powertrain control software.

Ford also said it is issuing two other recalls. One covers 28,200 2017-19 Lincoln Continental vehicles in North America for door latches that may not engage due to the buildup of silicon contamination and could result in the door opening while driving.

Ford said it was not aware of any reports of accidents or injuries. Dealers will replace the door latch assemblies in all four doors.

Ford is also recalling 4,200 2019 model Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator vehicles for instrument panel cluster assemblies that are blank when the vehicles are started. Dealers will update the software. No crashes are reported linked to the recall.

Edited by jofus

That's the issue with my f150, it was a recall a while go, they said they fixed it, but didnt, it slides down a gear and the instrument panel goes blank. Its awesome, because they tell me they fixed the recall, but only made it to where it doesn't slide down to first where you think your truck might explode. Slides to 5th and I have no idea how fast I'm going.

6316611fadd532bbfbdfc3a6dd430b21.jpg

21 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, how the fuck can you tell me a brand new truck is more or less dependable than another if it JUST CAME OUT?!  Those awards are a complete joke.

^Not sure if sarcasm font?

The awards are a joke regardless, but they do look back across some time period.

So the 2019 winner is actually the 2016 Tundra and the 2016-2500.

But it’s all based on consumer survey, so the guy who’s annoyed enough with his 3 USB port cup holder light to be bitching = the guy with a blown head gasket at 500 miles. Customer satisfaction and dependability!

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 9:36 AM, jofus said:

Looks like mine is on the recall list, though it’s never exhibited this behavior. Having them update the control module tomorrow along with an oil change. Good timing there. 

holy shit: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/rivian-announces-700-million-investment-round-led-by-amazon.html

Electric truck start-up Rivian announces $700 million investment round led by Amazon

Electric truck start-up and potential Tesla rival Rivian announced a $700 million investment round led by Amazon on Friday.

The announcement comes just months after the Michigan-based company unveiled both an electric pickup truck and sport utility vehicle at the LA Auto Show in November. 

"This investment is an important milestone for Rivian and the shift to sustainable mobility," said RJ Scaringe, Rivian Founder and CEO. "Beyond simply eliminating compromises that exist around performance, capability and efficiency, we are working to drive innovation across the entire customer experience. Delivering on this vision requires the right partners, and we are excited to have Amazon with us on our journey to create products, technology and experiences that reset expectations of what is possible."

The news confirms a Reuters report on Tuesday that Amazon had invested in the firm. Reuters had also reported that automaker General Motors had made an investment in Rivian, but neither GM nor Rivian has confirmed this yet. 

The round included investments from Rivian's existing shareholders. It will remain an independent company. Rivian currently has more than 750 employees located in several locations, including Plymouth, Michigan; San Jose and Irvine, California; Normal, Illinois; and Surrey, England.

It plans to launch its R1T pickup truck and R1S sport utility in the U.S. in 2020, and begin introducing them overseas in 2021. The company has modeled both vehicles on what it calls a "skateboard" platform, which it says it flexible enough to accommodate several different vehicle body styles. 

Some industry analysts have speculated that Amazon could be interested in Rivian's platform for developing vehicles for its massive global logistics needs.

"We're inspired by Rivian's vision for the future of electric transportation," said Jeff Wilke, Amazon CEO Worldwide Consumer. "RJ has built an impressive organization, with a product portfolio and technology to match. We're thrilled to invest in such an innovative company."

This is Amazon's second investment in transportation this month. The online giant recently put money into Aurora, an autonomous vehicle technology company run by Waymo and Tesla alumni.

Trucks and SUVs are also increasingly more popular with U.S. consumers than cars, and customers seem willing to pay more for them, meaning more profits for automakers. The business case for an electric pickup or SUV could be stronger than one for a sedan, given how much money companies have had to sink into electric batteries and motors and how difficult it has been for companies to make money on electric cars. 

Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas said in a note this week that a successful electric pickup from an upstart such as Rivian or Tesla could pose a serious threat to Detroit automakers, who depend heavily on sales of truck-based vehicles.

The US already has issues with electricity demand when it’s hot and everyone is running their a/c at home. Where is all of this new electricity going to come from for “sustainable mobility” when all the vehicles are electric?  Burning even more coal and natural gas at traditional power plants?  Can’t be from wind and solar.  What about all the mining to be done to provide lithium for all these capacitors?

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The US already has issues with electricity demand when it’s hot and everyone is running their a/c at home. Where is all of this new electricity going to come from for “sustainable mobility” when all the vehicles are electric?  Burning even more coal and natural gas at traditional power plants?  Can’t be from wind and solar.  What about all the mining to be done to provide lithium for all these capacitors?

Not to mention the lack of infrastructure to charge a massive number of vehicles. 

3 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I agree. Doesn't make sense to try new things when the old way has worked for so long. 

I just want to know the plan, and that it’s been more thought out than “everybody should have electric vehicles and we stop using fossil fuels because that will be better ” because that’s not sufficient.  Or accurate. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 6:34 AM, utee94 said:

This is MY personal favorite Toyota of all time:

9772637-1970-toyota-fj-cruiser-std.jpg

On 2/11/2019 at 6:34 AM, utee94 said:

This is MY personal favorite Toyota of all time:

9772637-1970-toyota-fj-cruiser-std.jpg

Why doesn't Toyota try to bring something like this into the US market?   Jeep needs some comp.

I did read Toyota is thinking about bringing the FJ Cruiser back.   And of course Ford is supposed to be release the Bronco next year.  I'm interested in this for sure.

So question for y'all with more knowledge - Put the 35 inch stickers on my F150 after a 3 1/2 inch lift.  No problems with rubbing the wheel well, but there's a steel support right near the shock where I do get rub when I'm on a tight turn.

I've heard about spacers and am wondering if that's a fix?

Push the stance out a bit and get more room away from the frame?

Discuss.