Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I did the software update for the downshift thing, and my in dash display that used to show 1-6 for the gears and highlight which one it was in, is now gone. What’s that shit?

There's instructions in the manual on how to turn that back on. 

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I did the software update for the downshift thing, and my in dash display that used to show 1-6 for the gears and highlight which one it was in, is now gone. What’s that shit?

Use the +/- on the shifter and you can turn it back on.  Don't push it too many times and lock out gears you don'e want locked out though.

I fell off the wagon and I'm looking at trucks again. I found a couple of Rams that look good, not sure about quality. Anyone have the lowdown on 2016-17 Ram? What to look for or avoid?

They can have an issue where a lifter gets stuck and eventually grinds a cam lobe down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/20/2019 at 3:27 PM, Sandman said:

I fell off the wagon and I'm looking at trucks again. I found a couple of Rams that look good, not sure about quality. Anyone have the lowdown on 2016-17 Ram? What to look for or avoid?

This doesn’t really help you, but when I was waiting at the dealership for the recall, I walked the showroom (dodge/ford dealer) and they had a 2018 ram 2500 and a 2019 ram 1500. The interior of the new ram is so much better than the previous one.  

8 hours ago, Cajun said:

You and I responding to each other is kinda like standing in the doorway of a Starbucks looking across the street at another Starbucks.

That said, Cement?  

Well, great color, but what a craptastic name for it.

I hear they are going to rename the Magnetic Gray Metallic to "Asphalt"

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2019 at 2:25 PM, Anton Chigurh said:

Grille/brush guards are just damage multipliers in an accident (be it with a vehicle or a deer/animal). I wouldn’t recommend any of that type.

Mostly false. The little photo spread you posted was impressive. But there's no way to tell if the damage would have been worse with/without. It also greatly depends on the quality of the guard. Thin, lightweight, JC Whitney/Pep Boys/Napa guards aren't good for anything but looks. Ranch Hand is a whole 'nother level of quality, construction and protection. You get what you pay for.

2 hours ago, LebongJames said:

I hope that’s not truly the Bronco. Looks like a Durango with Isuzu Amigo rear end.

Yeah, that looks like pure ass.  Do Not Want!

My old Bronco was my favorite vehicle I've ever owned.  Just build them like you used to Ford...

StillwellMuleDeer3.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 5:37 PM, tjhooker said:

This is my baby.  2017 Silverado LTZ.  Automatic power running boards I love.  Some muthafucka door dinged the fuck out of it.  There is a place in hell for you.

122hxzn.jpg2cwkl55.jpg

Nice truck.  do you have the AMP boards?  I've been considering those.

My F150 Platinum has power running boards.  I didn't care one way or the other about them when I bought it,  but I must admit that I really like them.  Since they retract, they can actually run lower than permanently affixed running boards or nerf bars, so they make a better step to the ground, and are especially nice for the kids.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:37 PM, tjhooker said:

This is my baby.  2017 Silverado LTZ.  Automatic power running boards I love.  Some muthafucka door dinged the fuck out of it.  There is a place in hell for you.

122hxzn.jpg2cwkl55.jpg

Nice looking truck.  I love that little step on the back bumper.

Clever.