Greatest movie scenes ever

ztejas

May not be as culturally iconic, but I think of this scene often.  About 10 years ago, I was at the Randall's on Bee Caves Road.  Had no idea that Terrance Malick lived just a few blocks behind it.  I was there buying some snacks and drinks for our office on 360.  And the co-worker I was with was making idle chit-chat while we shopped.  And asked me, "Why aren't you on any social media sites?  Don't you ever get lonely?"  And I replied, "Only around people."  And seconds later, shopping for condensed soup was Terrance Malick.  It was also probably the last movie my father I ever talked about before he died.  So many beautiful scenes in this film, here's one:  1:10 mark

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

May not be as culturally iconic, but I think of this scene often.  About 10 years ago, I was at the Randall's on Bee Caves Road.  Had no idea that Terrance Malick lived just a few blocks behind it.  I was there buying some snacks and drinks for our office on 360.  And the co-worker I was with was making idle chit-chat while we shopped.  And asked me, "Why aren't you on any social media sites?  Don't you ever get lonely?"  And I replied, "Only around people."  And seconds later, shopping for condensed soup was Terrance Malick.  It was also probably the last movie my father I ever talked about before he died.  So many beautiful scenes in this film, here's one:

I've met Linklater. He gets paint from us on occasion for some art-installation out in Bastrop. He came in and was describing this place to us and my coworker goes, "So what's like, the purpose of it?" and Linklater goes, "I don't know. What's the purpose of anything, man?" and I was like - holy shit that was awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Opening scene in Saving Private Ryan is one of the most intense opening scenes ever.

I asked my WW 2 veteran grandpa/Omaha beach invader if he wanted to go see it and he said "No thanks. Saw it up close the first time around."

• Hook 'Em 4

This.  The few veterans I know/knew said that was by far the most accurate portrayal of the Normandy invasion.  Frank Denius once told us, "It was 100%, spot-on in terms of sight and sound.  Except for the smell and I don't ever want to know that smell again so that's okay with me."