Texas vs Okie State- 1pm on ESPN2

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I' mean I love weaver's attitude and effort but the real thing is he is cat quick and can jump out of the gym for his size.  

He’s a max effort guy who also has max athleticism. Makes him both super fun to watch and easy to root for.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

That should for sure get us in right? Feel a lot better after the last two games. Sure I’d like to avoid 8/9 seeds but if we don’t, we can beat anyone on any night…and we will be away. 

I would think so, but (hypothetically; not expectedly) losing the final 3 on our schedule would not be ideal.  

There should be enough Q1 wins to get into the tourney. Another win against Baylor and it's a lock, a loss to Baylor and a win against OU and a win in the first round of the B12 tourney should do it as well.

Posted (edited)

That was a well-finished win. Multiple guys played under control as the game went on and made good decisions. Brock's solid work on the glass really helped us pull away. 

Edited by Gut Wagon

13 minutes ago, Chad said:

There should be enough Q1 wins to get into the tourney. Another win against Baylor and it's a lock, a loss to Baylor and a win against OU and a win in the first round of the B12 tourney should do it as well.

So......we're in now. Beat  a top 15 Baylor on the road and we're solidly in. However, lose to Baylor and we need two more wins? Thats an opinion, I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Brock doing work.

45 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

We ran away with this game playing the Hunter, Abmas, Weaver, Cunningham, and Disu lineup. 

Need more of that.

This is what we need from Brock. It's how he started the year and how he finished last season, but for whatever reason, his game went into a coma about the time conference play started.

I don't blame RT for benching/limiting him, but Brock has shown signs of life lately and we can only pray that it continues.

Today should be the prototypical Brock statline: 8 pts on 4 shots, 7 boards (4 on the offensive end), 2 assists, a steal and one turnover, plus the usual pesky tenaciousness on the defensive end.

If he can continue producing that in 25-30 minutes, it will dramatically boost the team's chances to do some damage in the postseason.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Also, credit to the entire team. Turnovers and rebounds decided today's game, especially with Okie Lite "earning" 21 trips to the foul line to Texas' 9. Our 'Horns had 8 giveaways to OSU's 15, and they pulled down 17 offensive rebounds to OSU's 8 despite shooting 6 percent better from the floor.

Everybody hates on Shedrick and he's definitely a disappointment so far, but I think that back injury hampered him for most of conference play and he's just now starting to look and move more naturally. Horton infuriates me, especially on the defensive end, but I'll give him credit for his rebounding effort today.

Anyway, relieved our 'Horns won. Here's hoping they at least beat OUsux at home and win the conference tourney opener.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Beat Baylor and OU and win first tourney game and we could be 7 seed

Your drive by takes on the basketball board are nearly as terrible as slavery

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Reality Check said:

After losing to Baylor, No. 7 Kansas, a projected 2-3 seed in the NCAA Tournament, will quite likely finish fifth or sixth in the Big 12.

I was laughing when they took the big white stiff from Michigan. Every one said he was the next college unicorn, but he's not a guy that makes his team better.

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I have no stats to back this up but feels like we are a much better offensive team when Mitchell is on the bench. Granted, I think we're probably also worse defensively and on the boards. I just wish Mitchell had any offensive game. 

When Cunningham making open 3's the offense is on another level. When Hunter, Horton, Mitchell, and Cunningham were all struggling with their offense it made things really difficult for Abmas and Disu.

Weaver and Cunningham picking it up on offense allows for a very good closing lineup with Hunter, Abmas, Weaver, Cunningham, and Disu. Good luck teams outside the Big 12. Hunter's defense has been really good since KU, maybe the coaching staff said if you aren't going to score you better defend the fuck out of your man.

Isaacs and Small were a combined 9-28 with Hunter serving as the primary defender.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

In every UT game she has called her bias shows.

Yeah.  That was ridiculous.  When she was on the far side during the beginning of the 2nd half, Disu was constantly getting mugged.  Then on the other end, touch fouls. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I really like this Hunter, Abmas, Weaver, Cunningham, and Disu lineup. Just worry about the size against a better team. But this lineup can really score. 

Hunter and Weaver have the ability to rebound and have to in this lineup, but offensively it is going to kill people. You have to worry about Disu, Cunningham, and Abmas shooting 3's. Weaver and Hunter can get into the paint.

We should be in the tournament now but 1 more win would almost certainly guarantee it. 

W at baylor would be sweet but I’d be satisfied with beating OU at home next Saturday to go .500

36 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I was laughing when they took the big white stiff from Michigan. Every one said he was the next college unicorn, but he's not a guy that makes his team better.

Arterio Morris opting to take his game to the Kansas Dept. of Corrections rec yard did not help, either.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Your drive by takes on the basketball board are nearly as terrible as slavery

It's not as ridiculous as it seems with nine Big 12 teams in and Texas Tech in freefall.

Several bracketology sites have the Red Raiders at a No. 7 seed, which they're clearly not going to hold. But when you factor in the challenge of avoiding Round of 32 conference matchups, it opens the door for a seed that's four or five places higher than our NET.