Texas (+7.5) @ Baylor- 8pm on ESPN

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The richest 1,000 students at Texas make the richest 1,000 at Baylor look like bums. 

And the poorest 90% of Baylor comes from much wealthier families than than the poorest 90% of Texas.

Yes, Baylor is a rich kids school.  So is TCU.  Not sure what there is to even debate there.  It's over $50k a year for a mediocre education, and it's over 80% white kids from well-to-do suburbs.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

And the poorest 90% of Baylor comes from much wealthier families than than the poorest 90% of Texas.

Yes, Baylor is a rich kids school.  So is TCU.  Not sure what there is to even debate there.  It's over $50k a year for a mediocre education, and it's over 80% white kids from well-to-do suburbs.

That's fair we probably just define it differently. I went to SMU. I absolutely consider it a rich kid school. So schools like TCU and Baylor whose students have a lot less money I don't think of as rich kid schools. 

Granted, I got a lot of money to go to SMU. My parents did fine but I didn't have money growing up. I'm sure I'd me middle-of-the-pack parental income wise at TCU or Baylor. 

(I also know a lot of wealthy UT grads)

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BigTEAMLittleme said:

We should be up 14 if it weren’t for bullshit technicals, phantom fouls  on us and no-call muggings.

Life on the road for Texas in the B12. 

Really glad to see RT take a timeout to slow down baylor's momentum and complain about a terrible no call where the Texas player was obviously fouled.

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The bourgeoise is prevalent but not as numerous on the Baylor, TCU or SMU campuses as you think.
A lot of kids are offered partial academic scholarships and then get sold a bill of goods on how much of a better academic experience that they're going to get based on being in Waco, Fort Worth or Dallas than at a big state school. 
If you have a major like pre-law or engineering then you probably break even if your financial award offsets a significant portion of the cost of private school tuition  ($51,750) vs. UT/Aggy ($13,500) within a decade, but if you're an education or communications  major you're going to be making those student loan payments into your 70s. 

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Really glad to see RT take a timeout to slow down baylor's momentum and complain about a terrible no call where the Texas player was obviously fouled.

That's something you just don't expect out of a terrible coach like Rodney Terry. 

A lot of mediocre private schools artificially inflate their tuition to appear more prestigious. And then they turn around and give all but the wealthiest students (90%+) financial aid . I'd be shocked if that werent the case at Baylor. 

Of course that's a foul.

So, if that earlier "and-1" that had zero contact was a foul, then Abmas' last shot should've been an and-1 for Texas. Same for that tip-in just now from Dylan. No contact, so obviously an and-1 situation.

WE NEED TO BE CONSISTENT, REFS.

Ditto Abmas' 3-pointer.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Blotto said:

A lot of mediocre private schools artificially inflate their tuition to appear more prestigious. And then they turn around and give all but the wealthiest students (90%+) financial aid . I'd be shocked if that werent the case at Baylor. 

That's about right. From the Googles: "Financial aid is a critical part of most students' education. Currently, about 70 percent of Baylor students are on financial assistance or scholarship aid."

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Baylor financial aid talk not going away.

Bro that's fucking terrible on Disu. What ever. 

Meh... lemme know if they get it under eight. 

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

Of course that's a foul.

So, if that earlier "and-1" that had zero contact was a foul, then Abmas' last shot should've been an and-1 for Texas. Same for that tip-in just now from Dylan. No contact, so obviously an and-1 situation.

WE NEED TO BE CONSISTENT, REFS.

Ditto Abmas' 3-pointer.

I am fuming

Angry GIF by Hollyoaks