Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

14 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I miss the Whataburger of the 90s and 2000s. Used to reliably get a piping hot burger with melted cheese back in the day. Sad how far it’s gone downhill. 

Every time I've been in the last year, it's exactly the same as it's always been.

• Haha 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Every time I've been in the last year, it's exactly the same as it's always been.

San Felipe and Woodway, Westheimer and Wesleyan and the Shepherd locations are not the same as they used to be.

5 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Astros were road warriors last year. If tonight is a sign of things to come, and goes along with our already established home struggles, this could be a rough season.

Pretty sure it’s hard to draw any definitive conclusions of how this team will perform on the road after 8 innings (or even at home after 7 games).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Astros were road warriors last year. If tonight is a sign of things to come, and goes along with our already established home struggles, this could be a rough season.

Definitely will go 0-81 on the road imo

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder how long till espada benches abreu. Outside of maybe a day off I don’t see them benching him long term. We have so many fucking issues right now you’re just hoping we don’t tail spin too much and get in a massive hole in April that it takes two full months to get back to a contender. 

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I wonder how long till espada benches abreu. Outside of maybe a day off I don’t see them benching him long term. We have so many fucking issues right now you’re just hoping we don’t tail spin too much and get in a massive hole in April that it takes two full months to get back to a contender. 

espada is holding back the Singelton era !!!

id rather see bregman hitting #2, yordan #3 or #4. It’s worked pretty good on the past, when we were making the ALCS every year 

Joey Loperfido gets a start at first base. Cooper Hummel makes his debut in left field. Joe Espada said today the Astros want Hummel to focus on the corner outfield spots and first base. He won’t be catching.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Joey Loperfido gets a start at first base. Cooper Hummel makes his debut in left field. Joe Espada said today the Astros want Hummel to focus on the corner outfield spots and first base. He won’t be catching.

Might want to add in this is for Sugarland 

4 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Who was the last $19.5 million per year starter to get benched?

Serious question.

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Who was the last $19.5 million per year starter to get benched?

Serious question.

Chris Davis, BJ Upton, Sandoval, MooseTacos, Rendon, Cespedes, Ellsbury, Hosmer, Cano?

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

Didn’t love the signing when it happened but got  on board with it only being a 2 year deal.

…… oh wait

And I just tried to reassure myself but looking at his stats last year thinking he got off to a horrible start. Nope. Batting .333 at this same point last year (I already knew not to expect a HR until Memorial Day)

Edited by UTexasFight

6 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Why do we start this shit again on April 6?